• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

given that they're holding news close to their chests this marketing cycle, I wouldn't be surprised if galar zigzagoon line was revealed as sort of a "don't worry, there will be non-gen 1 forms" kinda thing.

Then for the rest of the pre-release they just use gen-1 oriented reveals since that's what gets the mass mainstream talking.

Do we have any idea what time exactly the embargo drops today on the first 90 minutes?

Edit: Wait it's tomorrow not today right?

Though at this point I'm not sure if I should be expecting anything...

I'd like to remind people there’s a difference between revealing 90% of the Dex and less than 10% of the Dex, specially when the latter is in a game that cuts out Pokemon which turns highly controversial from a marketing point of view.

The number of new pokemon revealed is irrelevant to the dexit issue. It's the old pokemon that should have been revealed when the dexit outcry started.

Also we can split hairs about the percentages all we want. But I don't recall anyone in the sun and moon era saying they should have revealed about 40% less Pokemon. What was said was that they should reveal less new Pokemon to keep some of the mystery.

Also we can split hairs about the percentages all we want. But I don't recall anyone in the sun and moon era saying they should have revealed about 40% less Pokemon. What was said was that they should reveal less new Pokemon to keep some of the mystery.
Those are not the exact percentages since I didn’t care to look them up and pretty irrelevant to the main sentiment: which is that there’s a difference between revealing almost everything and when people complain about it it’s radio silence.

If someone asks for less spicy food you don’t usually take away all the condiments and flavour.

Do we have any idea what time exactly the embargo drops today on the first 90 minutes?

Edit: Wait it's tomorrow not today right?

Though at this point I'm not sure if I should be expecting anything...

Yes; surely there will be something, but it will depend on when the articles/videos by third party publications/websites etc are going to be posted! Hopefully at least one will publish tomorrow.

I've learned to temper my expectations accordingly so I can't say I was disappointed with what was revealed.

Chunky Pikachu is amazing. I initially thought Meowth had turned into a rocket to reference well, Team Rocket but no it's the long cat meme it seems. I figured Charizard would get a Gigatimax seeing as it appears to be Leon's Ace but the fact that it's the only Starter (Let's Go aside) to get one really rubs me the wrong way.

Now that I have actually had some sleep after waking up way too early in the morning to watch that trailer, I think I can sum my thoughts up on it.

I feel like what they revealed is actually pretty cool. I mean, I really wish Charizard can stop getting Charizard pandering but if Venusaur and Blastoise also get Gigantama forms then I won't be too upset. G-Max Meowth is also just, too weird for me. But the other ones I like, especially G-Max Butterfree and G-Max Pikachu (Fat Pikachu is a back baby!). We also haven't seen new G-Max forms in forever, so it is nice to see some new ones.

That being said, I do wish they revealed just a little bit more. Even if it wasn't starter evos, just a new Pokemon or something.

__

I wonder if we will see anything more before the game comes out. I was 50/50 on thinking it would happen before, but now that they only revealed this for this trailer, I do think we will have something a bit bigger revealed before the games come out. They do have to push out that last bit of hype. Starter mid-evos seems the most reasonable at this point, or legendary typings. But who knows what they'll do. This whole reveal cycle has been kind of crazy.

Those are not the exact percentages since I didn’t care to look them up and pretty irrelevant to the main sentiment: which is that there’s a difference between revealing almost everything and when people complain about it it’s radio silence.

If someone asks for less spicy food you don’t usually take away all the condiments and flavour.

Sooooo....
This is the point in the conversation where I need to warn you I have autism and tend to take people literally. I mention this because I feel like you might be trying to make a point through hyperbole that I'm not really clear on.

But your comment seems to indicate that we've gotten next to nothing this news cycle. And that's not true, the Chef brought back the food and you've accused them of not putting any spices. But they really just decreased the spices drastically because of your comment. There are still spices but it's still not to your taste.

But your comment seems to indicate that we've gotten next to nothing this news cycle. And that's not true, the Chef brought back the food and you've accused them of not putting any spices. But they really just decreased the spices drastically because of your comment. There are still spices but it's still not to your taste.
Well, we haven’t really ended up with enough information or anything significantly hype inducing after the Dexit news.

I personally feel that it’s a huge over compensation for what happened during Sun/Moon’s reveal cycle. And too less info isn’t really good too, specially since Dexit controversy has put a huge dent in the hype for these games for many.

Some exclusive and temporary forms hardly come close to new entries, NPC's or new regional forms.

So, yeah, I was kind of disappointed.

I want to see a couple of more new Pokémon; that's one of the main charms of a new game for me. This reveal-cycle doesn't make me comfortable at all.

We're one month before release and we know so little.

So I guess now we need to start taking bets on whether or not we will get the evolutions of the starters before the games come out. It's starting to seem less and less likely.

yeah I am thinking we aren't gonna see them. I find it kinda annoying because unless you know for sure what starter you are going with (or even its type tbh) you aren't gonna have a vague idea of what your team will be like the first play through (which is something I think about.)

Honestly next gen what they should do is just show new pokemon. No forms, no new temporary battle mechanics. Just new never before seen pokemon and regional varients while keeping the same release cycle.

Because at this point the temporary battle mechanics are getting old. I like the Meowth, Eevee, and Butterfree...but they need to stick to something already.

I'm glad we still know next to nothing and I hope they only show off like 1-2 new pokemon from now till launch if any at all.

Having so many surprises left upon actually playing the games will be amazing and I think the closeted marketing cycle will be looked at more positively once the games actually launch.

What do you think we may find out?

"We will still have more information about Pokémon Sword and Shield soon, including press impressions of the first 90 minutes of the game

(We don't know exactly when, it could be this week or the next) "

View: https://twitter.com/CentroPokemon/status/1184505825919995905

Interesting, I wonder how much GF and TPCi are banking on the power of positive press. We could get a good idea about how good these games are from this.

What do you think we may find out?

"We will still have more information about Pokémon Sword and Shield soon, including press impressions of the first 90 minutes of the game

(We don't know exactly when, it could be this week or the next) "

View: https://twitter.com/CentroPokemon/status/1184505825919995905

Tomorrow. It fits with what I said about the youtuber/gaming site contributor mentioning the site will post something tomorrow, and his hints on the starters’ evo.
Or at least, the site in question (Everyeye) should release Pokémon related info tomorrow.

So I guess now we need to start taking bets on whether or not we will get the evolutions of the starters before the games come out. It's starting to seem less and less likely.

I still think we'll see the first evolutions, only because of that online poll. The question is simply when.

Back
Top Bottom