• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

So I guess now we need to start taking bets on whether or not we will get the evolutions of the starters before the games come out. It's starting to seem less and less likely.

I think it's still possible that we might get a reveal for them early November.

Though it could be a little touch and go whether we get that first or early release datamines.

At this point I'm not expecting anything outside of the embargo lift tomorrow and maybe one last trailer in early November.

I think it's still possible that we might get a reveal for them early November.

Though it could be a little touch and go whether we get that first or early release datamines.

At this point I'm not expecting anything outside of the embargo lift tomorrow and maybe one last trailer in early November.
They’re most likely going to talk about the first 90 minutes of the game, and the person I referenced to multiple times hinted at the starters’ evo.
Unless GF didn’t tell them to not talk about them (and he hinted about the evo just today), I think tomorrow we’ll get info on the evo.

My giga rank:

1.meowth
2.butterfree
3.pikachu
4.eevee
5.charizard.. normal charizard look better imo. a clear downgrade from it's megas

Gigas:

1. Charizard
  2. Alcremie
  3. Butterfree
  4. Pikachu
  5. Meowth
  6. Drednaw
  7. Corviknight
  8. Eevee

I still think we'll see the first evolutions, only because of that online poll. The question is simply when.
Do we know the out come of that poll? I mean we assumed it turned out as yes show ahead of time because that picture had way more for yes than no

Gigas

1. Butterfree
  2. Drednaw
Those two almost tie for me.

Alcremie
Charizard
Pikachu
Corviknight
Meowth
Eevee
comment wouldn't let me number these for some reason...

as for the giga's shown today:

1. Charizard
  2. Meowth
  3. Pikachu
  4. Butterfree
  5. Eevee

Charizard just looks absolutely monstrous, I like it a lot more than it's megas and even its base design. The key art for it is some of the coolest artwork we've gotten imo
Mewoth has a very yokai-esque design which I'm a fan of
Kinda hard to dislike big boi pikachu
Nothing to crazy about butterfree's design but I like that it nails the kaiju feel without straying too far from its original design
Eevee is cute. . .not much else to say about it lol

If I have to rank them, my order would be;

Charizard
Butterfree
Pikachu
Meowth
Eevee

It also doesn’t help that Eevee seems to have the less useful Giga move of those five.
Same, though I think I favor Butterfree over Charizard even though its Gmax is decidedly lamer than Charizard's, but I just like the look of the wings more than Charizard's flames. XD

Overall, this was really quite a disappointing batch of Gigantamax forms? Like... really uninspired designs.

I guess I'll rank the gigas....

1. Alcremie
  2. Butterfree
  3. Drednaw
  4. Corviknight
  5. Meowth
  6. Charizard
  7. Pikachu
  8. Eevee

Alcremie is the only one I like, but I appreciate Butterfree getting some love.

i can't help but feel like im way more hyped for more galarian forms and new pokemon than the gigantamax stuff that im probably not going to use all that often.

and im waaayyyy over charizard being given like 50 different forms

1. charizard (love this...I can't see what people dislike about it)
  2. butterfree maybe?
  3. meowth
  4. pikachu
  5. eevee
just my opinions.

I also don't care if they give charizard more forms, as long as they look good.

I also don't care if they give charizard more forms, as long as they look good.
Same, honestly, but I haven't really been impressed by any of its forms so... they can keep giving it forms until they manage a genuinely good one, for me. XD I kinda liked Mega Charizard X but I've always felt that the claw shoulders really detracted from it. I do think that Gmax Charizard is okay, especially compared to Mega Y, but it's not really a wow design either.

From today's revealed Gmax, my ranking would be:
  • Meowth
  • Butterfree
  • Charizard
  • Pikachu and Eevee

That's probably my list of favorite to least favorite of what was revealed today. I'm not the biggest fan of Dynamax or Gigantamax to begin with, and there's little chance I end up using any of the forms anyway (unless there is a Gigantamax form of a New Pokemon or Galarian form that I absolutely love).

1. Pikachu
  2. Butterfree
  3. Charizard
  4. Eevee
  5. Meowth

Pikachu is amazing, Butterfree is beautiful, Charizard kis okay, and the other two I just don't like.

As of tomorrow stuff, i think they just gonna tell us how the game plays out at the start.
they might not be allowed to speak about the new pokemon that didn't get revealed yet

Dude....don't make me hope
The fact that info will be released tomorrow is basically certain, because there'll be an article posted on the gaming site I was referring to (Everyeye, for those that speak Italian). The article will be on Pokèmon because the youtuber/contributor making it makes mainly Pokèmon content...and the site announced today that later at 5PM (CET time), there'll be a live streaming where that person will talk about Sword and Shield. I think it's quite logical that they'd do that to discuss the demo they tried on the early game, and not just a simple interview. About the starters:

As of tomorrow stuff, i think they just gonna tell us how the game plays out at the start.
they might not be allowed to speak about the new pokemon that didn't get revealed yet

This is possible if they placed those info under different and longer NDA. But, hints on the starters' evo were made, even today. If the person in question was told (like the rest of the press that tried the game) that they wouldn't be able to talk about the starters, he wouldn't have teased about them, because he's not that kind of guy.

But, this marketing cycle has been weird, so I'm not going to place any bets on the actual content that it'll be shown tomorrow. I honestly doubt it'd be the only gaming site releasing information, but I'll post what I read here as soon as it's out (as well as later posting information on the live stream, if he'd reveal more stuff.)

Back
Top Bottom