• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

you must've not been around during SM and USUM when everyone was bemoaning how riddled they were with tutorials, despite the fact that there's like an entire three? tutorials?

fans like to over-generously call things a tutorial and a cutscene
I kind of agree with that. Catching, z-moves, and that photo thing are like the only tutorials I remember, everything including the school was just story. But I think people call it a tutorial cause they give you battle tips in that section

I kind of agree with that. Catching, z-moves, and that photo thing are like the only tutorials I remember, everything including the school was just story. But I think people call it a tutorial cause they give you battle tips in that section
I guess that people confuse the two because tutorials and some cutscenes were intertwined in the beginning of Sun/Moon/Ultra.

It still felt unnecessary, though, and I'm glad some changes have been made. Pokémon will never be tutorial-less, I think, but the beginning of Sun/Moon was just too crowded with things like that.

That was to be expected though. Especially because it connects diffrent cities. And especially due to the fact that GF put a lot of emphasis on keeping things linear enough that people don't just f-off and forget about the main objective of the game. You're probably forced to go around or take trains to get to where you need to go instead.

Which isn't all of a bad thing since a lot of people are starting to hate open world due to the over saturation in recent years.

Yeah, I didn't say it was something unexpected, just something I didn't like.

It's a con thing to me because I like open world games (I mean, I'm not one of those people).

you must've not been around during SM and USUM when everyone was bemoaning how riddled they were with tutorials, despite the fact that there's like an entire three? tutorials?

Actually, I was around during SM and USUM. And I did see a lot of bemoaning and criticism, as well as exaggerations. However, people exaggerating the number of tutorials and cutscenes doesn't mean there are varying definitions of them floating around the fandom.

fans like to over-generously call things a tutorial and a cutscene

The definitions for tutorial and cutscene are so clear cut that I'd say it would be pretty difficult to over-generously call things tutorials and cutscenes even if they are not.

It's not a big deal but I thought it was interesting....in this video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxsdBOHLiso

The guy says that there's a new building in the large brick city called the "Budew Inn" and it's where trainers who are participating in the league challenge can stay. I guess that's the room we've seen with the Budew.

Makes me wonder if we're getting a Galarian Roselia or if I'm overthinking it.

So you high five with Grookey, cute. Also, that guy said you register for the league in that city, I wonder if that's also where you get your gym uniform.

Oh, there are photos of Leon in the player's room.

So I'm supposed to like him by default? Okay. :rolleyes:

Add this to the things I didn't like.

Aw, that's so cute.

As far as we know that autograph you had in Alola was also his.

Nitpicking here but LGPE confirmed it was Lt. Surge's. If you interact with it in USUM, it explicitly says it's the autograph of a Gym Leader in Kanto and that it reads, "Good Luck!"

In LGPE, after you beat Surge, he gives you an item that looks exactly it, and the item description for it says "Good Luck!"

Nitpicking here but LGPE confirmed it was Lt. Surge's. If you interact with it in USUM, it explicitly says it's the autograph of a Gym Leader in Kanto and that it reads, "Good Luck!"

In LGPE, after you beat Surge, he gives you an item that looks exactly it, and the item description for it says "Good Luck!"
Yeah, I also doubt most character-designs were finished when Sun/Moon launched.

The concepting is most likely still busy at that stage.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8LfMBq51j18

For those that know Italian, the last 10-15 minutes, he takes the information from Ohmori about Dynamax and Gigamax of being visual projections, and the fact that they might not change weight (hence why they placed the ‘???’ On their bios, as it’d have been a giveaway), to form a theory on the third legendary (possible spoiler from the Affleck leak below):

Since Dynamax and Gigamax are visual projections, the ‘body’ of then could simply be the energy they absorb from Eternatue to create those visual projections and become stronger. That also works with the fact that the Dyna balls used to catch the raid Pokémon Immediately get back to their form, and despite their impact on the ground, Mylo can throw one with one arm: they don’t change weight either, it’s the energy that gets stored with the bracelet and necessary to catch the raid Pokémon that makes the impact on the ground.

In that way, those bodies could be defined ethereal. That might mean that Eternatus name might originate from ‘Arthur Natus’; the connection of aether with space might mean that Eternatus comes from space, from another dimension maybe...that he might be an Ultra Beast. I recall speculations of the UB originally being planned for later gens, but that might be something I misrecall. There’s a connection with James Turner however.

He ends up with a connection with Arceus’ plates, as one talked about the energy ‘generated’ by the giants, and the fact that the Seemingly possibly gen 4 remakes might expand on the creation myth and the giants Arceus faced, but that is a pet theory of his, the giants speculations, so I’m not sure how much it’d work, although I do find it interesting.

If you can understand the language, I’d suggest to watch the video as I might’ve misunderstood or forgot something, but it is an interesting theory to me.

Back
Top Bottom