• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

An update on the spoiler tag in my previous post (please, don't read it if you don't want to be spoiled).

Another Italian site straight out said what happens. You and Hop have to find a lost Wooloo in the nearby woods (Bosco Assopito in italian), and you meet there the cover legendary...without their golden ornaments. I wonder if they currently aren't at full power, as the CGI trailer hinted at an hidden power/form, or if there's something else going.

Now I'm thinking if that could be another one that would connect them two? (as Cosmoem was to Solgaleo and Lunala)

Because if so, it would explain why Affleck said they knew "its name" (referring to one) but still thought they were the same Pokémon. They could have seen the two covers of the games, and then know the name of this mysterious Pokémon from the beginning of the game, and assumed that all the 3 were the same.

Do they give details of what it looked like without their "golden ornaments"? Like, in Sword, did it still hold a sword in its mouth, for example?

It's only Wooloo, as seen in the demo it's not that tough. You can probably just swat it without taking too much damage, plus the starter is weak to you

I agree. And from what I've heard, after defeating the Wooloo (which probably only takes 2 Tackles/Scratches/Pounds), your starter Levels Up, gains its elemental attack, and can pretty much steamroll Hop's. This also triggers a brief mention from Leon that you "figured out" how type advantages work and that's that.

I agree. And from what I've heard, after defeating the Wooloo (which probably only takes 2 Tackles/Scratches/Pounds), your starter Levels Up, gains its elemental attack, and can pretty much steamroll Hop's. This also triggers a brief mention from Leon that you "figured out" how type advantages work and that's that.
Interesting, a smooth way to introducing players to type advantages. Still I hope Wooloo evolves into less of a pushover

I'm still surprised with how chill Hop's battle theme is. It sounds more like an encounter theme than battle theme

It sort of fits with him being the friendly rival. Though, maybe that's just the intro and there will be a more high-energy and "battle-esque" segment in the middle. Either way it sounds pretty nice.

Please, don't let it be what I think it is...
Sadly, that's what I was referring to. Even the artwork of the UK Pokèmon Center has only Charizard in it.

It might be nothing, but I'd certainly be more hopeful if Squirtle and Bulbasaur's lines were present in any of those concept arts.

Back
Top Bottom