• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

No offense man, but I feel like whenever the charizard line gets brought up you get upset. All this stuff is just harmless speculation, being able to catch a starter in the wild would break a lot of conventions.
This is not really a Charizard line issue it's just that it's not impossible to find them in the wild. Let's Go and SM already broke those "conventions" so it's not out of the realm of possibilities

I don't think that they will ever do that. It would diminish the status of the starters as rare and special Pokemon if they can be found regularly in the wild just like the common Pokemon.
You mean like how legendaries were supposed to be rare and special but are now common as heck? Or how shinies were supposed to be rare and special but have been getting easier and easier to get?

Being rare and special isn't a sacred thing in this franchise. They'll make anything common whenever they feel like it.

I think it's highly likely the Charmander line will be caught in the wild, because Charizard's Gigantamax page in the site is the same as the non-event one, mentioning you can catch it in Raid battles.
Probably noteworthy too that some Pokémon can only be found in Raid battles and not just roaming the wild area- Charmander is likely a raid battle exclusive.

Probably noteworthy too that some Pokémon can only be found in Raid battles and not just roaming the wild area- Charmander is likely a raid battle exclusive.
That could be possible, but we should consider that for catching the Gigantamax Charizard, we'd have to actually fight him and catch one, not Charmander, because if there's only the latter, we wouldn't know if he Dynamax or Gigantamax until we evolve him. So it'd mean we could catch both Charmander and Charizard in the Raid battles.

This discussion made me thing of a possible problem: despite their claim of wanting to make the Pokèmon in the adventure competitively viable my modifying them, it won't work with all, if not most. To find the hidden abilities Pokèmon, you have to catch then in Raid battles, which means that there are chances you'll either have to wait to pick your Pokèmon, even if you find him in the wild, or that you'd drop him for the one with the hidden ability.

The situation is even worse for Gigantamax Pokèmon, if they're not single stage but fully evolved ones, as it'd deprive players on the feeling of catching a Pokèmon from the base stage, place him on the party and making him grow and evolve, which adventure wise is a big deal for me.

I read that if a person captures a Pokemon in the max raid all the players get it.
That's interesting
I think it's the right way to do it. It's fine losing the Pokèmon if the whole party fails, or if time runs out, but it'd be honestly infuriating if it works differently, and you're looking for an hidden ability Pokèmon or Gigantamax one, with your friends catching it, and since you don't, you remain empty handed. Expecially considering they are likely going to be rare, so a bit of hunting and luck is already necessary to find them.

Putting the Charizard thing aside for now, something interesting came to mind.

How will these games portray shinies in the wild? Due to the whole overworld encounter thing, will it take a page from LGPE and have the shiny Mons glimmer or however it was portrayed? Or will we actually see the Mon in its shiny form in the overworld? Considering that we already know that Mons with "special" traits like high IVs and/or Egg Moves will have a yellow aura, will that mean that shinies will also get similar treatment to help identify them from their normal brethren? That's something I'd like to know, since it could end up changing how shiny hunting is executed from this point forward.
I really hope it continues to work the same way it did in LGPE otherwise it’s going to be a ton more tedious to shiny hunt overworld Pokémon.

I do hope they add some kind of sound like a continuous twinkle or something while a Wild shiny Pokémon is on-screen. That way I can be doing something else while I wait for one to spawn without having to look up at the game every 30 seconds.

It's possible that this interview is something various gaming site will have next week
The guy previewing the games for Everyeye, the one I talked about the embargo, was kind of teasing about it, and before the teasing of the hands on, I thought he interviewed Masuda.
Also, if he did interview those three/one of them, it's highly likely he'd have asked them if Ryuki comes from Galar.

Maybe that was worded wrong by the translator.
You are 100% not remembering wrong. Its possible it was another translation error though.

That's possible. I hope it was, because it would be so much better if everyone who participated in the raid got the Pokemon. Especially wen it comes to catching Gigantamax Pokemon.

That's possible. I hope it was, because it would be so much better if everyone who participated in the raid got the Pokemon. Especially wen it comes to catching Gigantamax Pokemon.
Well according to the press that's the case that everyone gets it if one person does

I thought at E3 they said only the player who caught the Pokemon will keep it and everyone else just gets items and such. Or am I just remembering that wrong?
Every player that participated in the raid gets the chance to catch it
but even if you fail to catch it, you still get items and such as a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom