• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

I feel like they really need one more big trailer that doesn't reveal stuff like Kanto Gigantamax forms and that alone. They need to show us something like the starter's first evolutions and something surprising like maybe Galar has this expansive underground you can ride minecarts in, mine for items, fight trainers, and encounter tons of Pokemon. Or maybe there's something like the PWT in the post game.

well, id hope we have a trailer of something this coming week, but if not, pokenchi is probably just gonna show off the gigantamax charizard pikachu eevee and meowth.

would they do that even though corocoro already covered that?

I feel like they really need one more big trailer that doesn't reveal stuff like Kanto Gigantamax forms and that alone. They need to show us something like the starter's first evolutions and something surprising like maybe Galar has this expansive underground you can ride minecarts in, mine for items, fight trainers, and encounter tons of Pokemon. Or maybe there's something like the PWT in the post game.
I'd like a big trailer but... I'd rather them not reveal too much in that trailer you know? Like maybe a little hint here and there? Something but not EVERYTHING. You know? Enough to capture people's attention.

I'd like a big trailer but... I'd rather them not reveal too much in that trailer you know? Like maybe a little hint here and there? Something but not EVERYTHING. You know? Enough to capture people's attention.
At this point in the release cycle there’s no way for them to possibly reveal everything in a single trailer.

After the last trailer only revealed Gigantamax forms, I do feel like we have one more trailer on its way. Starter middle stage evos, a character who may be important to the story, some post-game feature information, and maybe the typings of the legendaries. They have been only revealing small bits of information to us at a time, so a trailer like this would be bigger than the usual trailer, but without going overboard on what we see it. I would be happy with a trailer like this.

Yes; it is a bit hard to tell what the format of the next information release could be! They started to become more experimental around the time of Sirfetch'd.

I didn't remember, but, apparently the final evolutions of the Sun and Moon starters were revealed at the end of October 2016. The initial evolutions were revealed at the beginning of the month. So perhaps this time it will be the end of the month to at the latest the beginning of November for the initial evolutions!!

Its not even worth noting if its Pokenchi. Pokenchi has never been a valuable source for new information. Everything they show is ALWAYS info we already know.
It's not a valuable source but it could indicate a news drop happening sometime before it, so... I'm gonna make note of it anyway as a "something may pop up before then" sort of date. It's on the 27th and we definitely have a wednesday happening before then. XD

It's not a valuable source but it could indicate a news drop happening sometime before it, so... I'm gonna make note of it anyway as a "something may pop up before then" sort of date. It's on the 27th and we definitely have a wednesday happening before then. XD
Even if we do get something next week, they're just going to show the same thing we saw days before. I just don't think putting up dates for Pokenchi is worth is because we know its garunteed to just rehash information we already know.

I can't imagine the game coming out before we know the mascot typings. That'd be very strange.

I can understand them keeping the starters under wraps, but not the legends types unless something weird is with them

Even if we do get something next week, they're just going to show the same thing we saw days before. I just don't think putting up dates for Pokenchi is worth is because we know its garunteed to just rehash information we already know.
The thing is, I put these dates up to give us a ballpark idea of when to expect news, not necessarily specific dates that they're definitely going to happen-- hence the thread title "potential" news dates. Right now we don't have anything indicating more news between now and Pokenchi, but we do have a date for Pokenchi, which tells us that something might drop between now and then. Same reason why I put the product reveals in the list- product reveals aren't going to give us new information because they always come out after their stuff has already been revealed, but their timing gives us a rough idea of when news may drop before them.

I can't imagine the game coming out before we know the mascot typings. That'd be very strange.

I can understand them keeping the starters under wraps, but not the legends types unless something weird is with them
Didn’t they mention something in the GI coverage (not sure what part), that they want/might keep the typings secret because those Pokémon are completely unknown to Galar residents?

Something recently came to mind. I was going over the various review videos and, if I'm remembering correctly, one of them mentioned that Swift has regained TM status. If so, that means Swift has regained its TM status since like, what, Gen 2? And if it's true, I wonder which move lost its TM status for Swift. Hopefully Quash. But it makes me wonder what other moves will get shuffled around, gaining and losing TM status in this Gen. Will we see a return of moves like Dig and Drain Punch? Will we see moves like Quash and Smack Down get the axe? Will we even get old Tutor Moves returning in the form of TMs like the Elemental Punches? That's something I'd like to know.

Interesting...That would be an acceptable reason, I suppose.
It’d certainly fits. I mean, it’s fine to know the typings of the legendary if there are legends and stories about them (and for some, the typings is obvious by the stories on them), but if not, not knowing it and finding it in the game is quite interesting.

For this point, I don’t think that it’s due an overreaction from criticism on the former gen’s marketing cycle, but possibly a new idea on how to present the legendaries.

Although I guess we’ll have to wait and see what happens this month.

Back
Top Bottom