• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

Hmm! That would really work; it might then perhaps be another Goth inspired Pokemon, where the original music/culture scene is often traced to England!

Isn't it just lovely how Charizard was again a major focal point of that new TV ad for SwSh that was just released.

And Blastoise and Venusaur were nowhere to be seen... honestly I'm genuinely sad for my Squirtle and Bulbasaur now :confused:

Wouldn't even be surprised if a potential 3rd version/sequel to SwSh ends up having a damn Charizard on the game cover at this point lmao, it's RIDICULOUS.

Isn't it just lovely how Charizard was again a major focal point of that new TV ad for SwSh that was just released.

And Blastoise and Venusaur were nowhere to be seen... honestly I'm genuinely sad for my Squirtle and Bulbasaur now :confused:

Wouldn't even be surprised if a potential 3rd version/sequel to SwSh ends up having a damn Charizard on the game cover at this point lmao, it's RIDICULOUS.
That’s not going to happen, but that spot onto further proved to me that there are high chances of the their two Kanto starters not being in the game.

I’m not sure if Charmander will be the only other starter in the game, or if he’ll be part of a trio of starters from different gen (for the water typing Greninja would be a prime candidate, expecially given his popularity in Japan), but I really fear Bulbasaur and Squirtle won’t be in.

I’m not sure if Charmander will be the only other starter in the game, or if he’ll be part of a trio of starters from different gen (for the water typing Greninja would be a prime candidate, expecially given his popularity in Japan), but I really fear Bulbasaur and Squirtle won’t be in.

What is the most popular Grass type starter? My personal favorite is Decidueye, but it got thrown away in favor of Incineroar so I doubt it'll be chosen. I agree Greninja is likely.

What is the most popular Grass type starter? My personal favorite is Decidueye, but it got thrown away in favor of Incineroar so I doubt it'll be chosen. I agree Greninja is likely.
I’m honestly not sure if there’s a popular grass starter, in the same sense Greninja and Charizard are (Or GF believes they are).

Assuming they won’t go for Decidueye, my guess would be Sceptile, although I wouldn’t rule out Torterra or Serperior. Meganium and Chesnaugh, I’d rule out.

It’s a video interview from Everyeye with Masuda. The answers are generally fairly generic, since Masuda didn’t seem keen in giving away too much, but there are some interesting snippets:

They want the players to find out about Zacian and Zamazenta in the game, also in regards of their mythology’s inspirations, further confirming that they won’t reveal much on them in the games.

There’s an apparent focus and depth in the story of the game.

Masuda’s pasta comparison in developing games kind of hint at GF working hard on them, but putting focus on making them simple, so that everyone can enjoy them.

The Pokédex cut was a decision taken jointly by GF, TPC and Nintendo. Home is called a game where you can play with your Pokémon that can’t be transferred in Galar (I think it was stated already, but it’s surely a confirmation.

Ryuki isn’t likely to be in the games, as it appears that GF didn’t realize themselves the possible connection with Galar, based on his rockstar’s appearance and his glory-related personality.

There should be new features about breeding.

All in all it was a bit of an underwhelming interview. The question were actually interesting, but Masuda didn’t really give much intel on them.

It’s a video interview from Everyeye with Masuda. The answers are generally fairly generic, since Masuda didn’t seem keen in giving away too much, but there are some interesting snippets:

They want the players to find out about Zacian and Zamazenta in the game, also in regards of their mythology’s inspirations, further confirming that they won’t reveal much on them in the games.

There’s an apparent focus and depth in the story of the game.

Masuda’s pasta comparison in developing games kind of hint at GF working hard on them, but putting focus on making them simple, so that everyone can enjoy them.

The Pokédex cut was a decision taken jointly by GF, TPC and Nintendo. Home is called a game where you can play with your Pokémon that can’t be transferred in Galar (I think it was stated already, but it’s surely a confirmation.

Ryuki isn’t likely to be in the games, as it appears that GF didn’t realize themselves the possible connection with Galar, based on his rockstar’s appearance and his glory-related personality.

There should be new features about breeding.

All in all it was a bit of an underwhelming interview. The question were actually interesting, but Masuda didn’t really give much intel on them.
Although, they did confirm that these games will lack compatibility with GO.

Although, they did confirm that these games will lack compatibility with GO.
Yes, although not in the interview I posted.

As a side note, the interview (the same that previewed the game for Everyeye last week), will do a live stream tomorrow to talk about the interview, so if there’ll be any additional info, or hints towards something, I’ll post it here.

Another interview.
Masuda talks about the criticism about the graphics, mentioning the Wild Areas, and that are a lot of connections in the background. Not sure what he’s referring to, but I guess the MMORPG-like functions of that area of the game impacted the graphics of it. Maybe something else as well, but they won’t say more before we play the game.

He hints at different gym leaders exclusives for each version, as well as numerous little things Ohmori placed in the games different for each version.

Masuda’s favorite Pokémon in Galar is Scorbunny, and he teased about ‘wanting to know more about its evolutions.

EDIT: on a question on Kalos’ connection to Galar and if it’ll appear in the game, he said there’s no connection, but didn’t explictely said Kalos won’t be in the games, and smiled slightly as he answered.

I’m worried that this means no post-game content and the complete absence of a battle facility.

I’m worried that this means no post-game content and the complete absence of a battle facility.
I think it was simply referring to the thought behind developing the games, not necessarily post game content.
Keep in mind that the hardest rated raid battles are specifically built to be hard for veteran players, and they’d require competitive items as well as a good coordination from the players to be won, so they’re not necessarily against implementing harder content.

I've seen some people say that it might be Sizzile because Sobble becomes a poison type. Like sizzling acid.
Doesn't really fit with the spy theme, though, does it?
They just...made him? I mean, I love unique character designs, but why did they make only Ryuki and no one else if they weren't going to do anything with him?

They just...made him? I mean, I love unique character designs, but why did they make only Ryuki and no one else if they weren't going to do anything with him?
To be clear, that’s my opinion based on his words, but others interpreted it as if Masuda made it seems to confirm the connection, so I could be wrong.

They make a lot of NPCs thay don't carry over. Ryuki isn't anything new. I mean look at almost all the Kalos NPCs. None of them showed up in Alola. There's also the poor Megapolisians who will probably never show up again because of the Ultra Beasts being dropped.

Besides Ryuki seems more Japan based then British based.

I think it is because he just showed up randomly with no foreshadowing at the League? My headcanon is that he is a cut eight captain or was a Gym Leader when Alola was supposed to have Gyms.
Couldn't he just exist for the sake of exposure? If your first games happened to be Sun and Moon (and undoubtedly for someone, they were), then still having a gym in the game means that you're still familiar with the concept of gyms and aren't alienated from the rest of the fanbase in that regard.

They make a lot of NPCs thay don't carry over. Ryuki isn't anything new. I mean look at almost all the Kalos NPCs. None of them showed up in Alola. There's also the poor Megapolisians who will probably never show up again because of the Ultra Beasts being dropped.

Besides Ryuki seems more Japan based then British based.
That's true, but they did still serve roles in the story, even if very briefly. Ryuki's role in the games is so small you could actually do a full playthrough and not even encounter him.
Couldn't he just exist for the sake of exposure? If your first games happened to be Sun and Moon (and undoubtedly for someone, they were), then still having a gym in the game means that you're still familiar with the concept of gyms and aren't alienated from the rest of the fanbase in that regard.
But Ryuki wasn't really connected to gyms there-he doesn't appear in the Kanto gym at all in SuMo, and only occasionally in USUM.

Back
Top Bottom