• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

I think breeding might be a way to gain Gigantamax Pokémon in their early stage.

I’m quite sure that in the wild, normally, we won’t be able to catch any Pokémon with Gigantamax abilities or hidden abilities. Those are going to be reserved for Raid battles.

well i like to use my pokemon from the lowest stage I can find them in the wild. it's just a preference of mine.

I was under the impression that g-max hunting and catching was suppose to be a challenge.

And it seems that you have to go to a special location just to find one and finding one isn't guaranteed.
Do we know what that place is called that you go to get potientally find g-max pokemon? (the rocky hole in the ground in the wild area)

Another reason I’m not excited about gigantamax. Lore-wise, sure I guess the raid areas do something to the Pokémon that alter their dynamax forms permanently. But from a gameplay standpoint, I want to use the Pokémon I catch along the way. It seems like they’re making that more accessible in all other ways (new ways to make the Pokémon you already have competitive, instead of grinding for hours to catch replacements)... the entire gigantamax idea just goes against that entire line of thinking.

Another reason I’m not excited about gigantamax. Lore-wise, sure I guess the raid areas do something to the Pokémon that alter their dynamax forms permanently. But from a gameplay standpoint, I want to use the Pokémon I catch along the way. It seems like they’re making that more accessible in all other ways (new ways to make the Pokémon you already have competitive, instead of grinding for hours to catch replacements)... the entire gigantamax idea just goes against that entire line of thinking.
That’s why I won’t likely use Gigantamax in main story, unless the starters have one.

I love to take Pokémon in their initial stage and making them grow and evolve, and we can’t do that with Gigantamax ones.

Since they released an overview video of the pokemon that were revealed this marketing cycle, does that mean we won't see any more new pokemon unless it is the mythical pokemon?

That’s why I won’t likely use Gigantamax in main story, unless the starters have one.

I love to take Pokémon in their initial stage and making them grow and evolve, and we can’t do that with Gigantamax ones.
Yeah, I might use that Giganta-Meowth for laughs, but otherwise it seems unlikely since I like to get my partners early and use them throughout the game.

Since they released an overview video of the pokemon that were revealed this marketing cycle, does that mean we won't see any more new pokemon unless it is the mythical pokemon?
We don't know, of course, but I do think that.

Hmm no
we got new alola forms/ultra beasts after sun and moon overview trailer

not surprised that g-max pokemon are only fully evolved, as it makes sense especially considering that presumably all the g-max pokemon we've seen thus far (excluding eevee and pikachu) are fully evolved

I think starter evolutions might have a slim possibility of happening....

but I think we're not getting any more new Pokemon or galarian forms before release. (or gigantamax forms)

Its starter evos or nothing I think.

(I can't wait for the datamine, these last few weeks have been so dry)

Why not just catch the g-max primarily for your team instead of having to replace one?

Why not just catch the g-max primarily for your team instead of having to replace one?
The G-max in question might not appear easily/before the end of the main plot, or too late into it.

Also, for me, the G-max would be already in its final stage, and I prefer to catch the members of my party in my story play trough in their first stage.

The G-max in question might not appear easily/before the end of the main plot, or too late into it.

Also, for me, the G-max would be already in its final stage, and I prefer to catch the members of my party in my story play trough in their first stage.
I'm sure the g-max will be open for grabs from when you have just a first stage mons to their final forms. It's pretty much like a random encounter.

Also what'll you do if the pokemon you wanted doesn't evolve until near the end of the game?

And it seems that you have to go to a special location just to find one and finding one isn't guaranteed.
Do we know what that place is called that you go to get potientally find g-max pokemon? (the rocky hole in the ground in the wild area)
The Max Raid locations? I don't know if there's a special name for it.

I'm sure the g-max will be open for grabs from when you have just a first stage mons to their final forms. It's pretty much like a random encounter.

Also what'll you do if the pokemon you wanted doesn't evolve until near the end of the game?
But it'll be avalable in the final stage. You won't find a Raid Caterpie with the ability of Gigantamaxing, but a Gigantamax Butterfree.

About your question, let's say I want Tyranitar in my team, and I catch Larvitar. While the final stage would be available in the late game, I'd still use Larvitar and evolve it in Mornitar first and Tyranitar later.
For Charizard, for example, I want to find Charmander and evolve it in Charizard myself, not finding Gigantamax Charizard and add it on its final stage in the team.

But it'll be avalable in the final stage. You won't find a Raid Caterpie with the ability of Gigantamaxing, but a Gigantamax Butterfree.

About your question, let's say I want Tyranitar in my team, and I catch Larvitar. While the final stage would be available in the late game, I'd still use Larvitar and evolve it in Mornitar first and Tyranitar later.
For Charizard, for example, I want to find Charmander and evolve it in Charizard myself, not finding Gigantamax Charizard and add it on its final stage in the team.
I suppose each has their own way of playing, but that's kinda hindering

For Corviknight, that would mean ignoring all the times you encounter its preevo throughout your journey, and then grinding in max raid battles until you finally come across its g-max form and are strong enough to defeat it.

That’s... unrealistic and really breaks the immersion into the game world.

Back
Top Bottom