• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

They've shown a couple trainers with pink, blue and green hair. Purple too, IIRC.

This has absoluetly nothing to do with your comment but I got a notification saying you quoted my post, but you've quoted Prog's instead... did you quote me and then delete the quoted part XD?

This has absoluetly nothing to do with your comment but I got a notification saying you quoted my post, but you've quoted Prog's instead... did you quote me and then delete the quoted part XD?

View attachment 127240
Yeah, I was gonna quote you hella earlier and the quote was still at the top of the reply in my post by accident. Nothing important, that I can remember. Haha. Sorry!

It's a nice-cut trailer, but having a rehash of everything we've already seen when there's only two weeks left till release is...not very thrilling. I know we've been getting slow news, but I wasn't expecting "five minute trailer where all you see new is a glimpse of the legendaries' moves".

Yeah, I was gonna quote you hella earlier and the quote was still at the top of the reply in my post by accident. Nothing important, that I can remember. Haha. Sorry!

It's fine. I've made that mistake several times too. Just found it kinda of funny.

I enjoyed that overview trailer today. It was great to finally see the legendaries in motion, and the few extra scenes that we haven't seen before were quite nice. Anytime I see new footage on these games I get super excited. that shot of the player running across the bridge with a view of the wild area was awesome.

I know we have gotten news past the overview trailer in the past, but it still makes me wonder if we will end up seeing another trailer. If we do, I think I could see them doing a final trailer just a few days before the release of the game (though with the inevitable datamine soon to be on it's way with game stores slowly starting to get shipments, people who have looked into the datamine will likely already know anything that they would reveal).

About the overview trailer, I think we got clear shots of two characters in the Champion's Cup.

The male character is clearer in the trailer then the female one. I do hope in any case they're not random trainers. I'd like them to be other rivals, but I doubt we'd have more then Hope, Bede, Marnie and also Leon; but I hope they won't be random trainer class or something like that, even if they won't have the same role in the story as the others.

I am really loving that music... these games are gonna be alot of fun in my opinion. :D It comes out this month!! eee!

About the overview trailer, I think we got clear shots of two characters in the Champion's Cup.

The male character is clearer in the trailer then the female one. I do hope in any case they're not random trainers. I'd like them to be other rivals, but I doubt we'd have more then Hope, Bede, Marnie and also Leon; but I hope they won't be random trainer class or something like that, even if they won't have the same role in the story as the others.
That what's been shown since like the first or second trailer.

But I'm really starting to think that the bracket is rigged as such that you never fight the random trainers you walk in with and you only fight special NPCs until you get to the tiers the rivals are on.

That what's been shown since like the first or second trailer.

But I'm really starting to think that the bracket is rigged as such that you never fight the random trainers you walk in with and you only fight special NPCs until you get to the tiers the rivals are on.
Yeah, I just meant that we have a better shot of at least one of them.

Given that it's a tournament style, I guess they'll either have only 8 completing the Gym Challenge, or that there's still a Victory Road-like route to stop the rest. Given how new this format is, and how little they said, we can't know for sure.
I don't think it'll be rigged in terms of lore/in game reasoning though. I just think it'd make more sense to have defined NPCs in the tournament....expecially if it means more complex team and advanced AI.

Yeah, I just meant that we have a better shot of at least one of them.

Given that it's a tournament style, I guess they'll either have only 8 completing the Gym Challenge, or that there's still a Victory Road-like route to stop the rest. Given how new this format is, and how little they said, we can't know for sure.
I don't think it'll be rigged in terms of lore/in game reasoning though. I just think it'd make more sense to have defined NPCs in the tournament....expecially if it means more complex team and advanced AI.
True. I mean it does look like it's from a later build anyway.

What I meant was it would be rigged in that you wouldn't get to fight the trainers you came in with. Like the trainers would always lose to, let's say, one of the rivals while you're fighting either a specific filler NPC made for the tournament or someone from an actual trainer class until you work your way up to the important NPCs and Leon.

I'm also thinking that maybe the random trainers that you walk in with steal the looks of the players you traded cards with. That way it looks a lot less conspicuous.

To be honest I'll be a little disappointed if the tournament at the end is largely us battling nobodies. Battling nobodies is what Victory Road is for.

Honestly I'd rather fight the gym leaders again then fight nameless trainers.

I think this is one strength to having a large cast of characters, because then you can have an entertaining tournament that people can feel invested in because most of the participants have names and have appeared in the story at least once before. (I think My Hero Academia does this pretty well)

Here's a thought, it's possible they might create some unique characters solely to appear in the tournament. I mean they created Ryuki seemingly just for the Champion title defence battle so they could do the same here. Especially if they're not creating an elite four nothing is stopping them from adding some unique characters to the tournament "just because".

Sun and Moon were kinda unique having most of its elite four members show up in the story beforehand, usually you don't encounter them until you're fighting them.

To be honest I'll be a little disappointed if the tournament at the end is largely us battling nobodies. Battling nobodies is what Victory Road is for.

Honestly I'd rather fight the gym leaders again then fight nameless trainers.

I think this is one strength to having a large cast of characters, because then you can have an entertaining tournament that people can feel invested in because most of the participants have names and have appeared in the story at least once before. (I think My Hero Academia does this pretty well)

Here's a thought, it's possible they might create some unique characters solely to appear in the tournament. I mean they created Ryuki seemingly just for the Champion title defence battle so they could do the same here. Especially if they're not creating an elite four nothing is stopping them from adding some unique characters to the tournament "just because".

Sun and Moon were kinda unique having most of its elite four members show up in the story beforehand, usually you don't encounter them until you're fighting them.
That’s what I meant when I said earlier that I want the two character appearing in the trailers, in the champion’s cup, to be definite, detailed npcs. Hopefully they went that direction.

Back
Top Bottom