• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

Sun and moon got 5 minutes trailer in august (alolan form reveal, new pokemon reveal, pokeride reveal, trails reveal, and z-moves)
i honestly expect a direct announcement
Most reveals weren't done in Direct-format, but just reveal-trailers. Like the way we've gotten the reveal on the 8th of july.

Most reveals weren't done in Direct-format, but just reveal-trailers. Like the way we've gotten the reveal on the 8th of july.
yeah, but this is the biggest switch game this year so if they gonna do a huge reveal why not in a direct? smash got like 3 directs

i'm not talking about nintendo direct.. i meant pokemon direct, like the one we got on june.

It depends what they are gonna show us really.

They already showed us Hop and Leon, alongside Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing. I think they are not gonna do a Direct for mons and characters only, since constructing a Direct, is more effort than its worth if thats all they are gonna show.

If we do get another direct, it'll be about Home. For now I think we'll just get more trailers about mons and characters, as well as some more features. I think the next one will get will show off variants and evos. If we're lucky maybe, starter evos. Maybe even some G-Maxes

It depends what they are gonna show us really.

They already showed us Hop and Leon, alongside Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing. I think they are not gonna do a Direct for mons and characters only, since constructing a Direct, is more effort than its worth if thats all they are gonna show.
Galar forms, team yell, more gigamax forms and new pokemon.
also the camping thing + new gym leaders
so yeah..

Do we think we will get a lengthy trailer at the beginning of August? There's still a lot about Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing that we don't know yet. There's really still a lot that we don't know yet.

Do we think Zacian and Zamazenta will be able to Gigantamax? Is that why they started to glow in their reveal trailer? Why don't we know what types they have yet? Ughhh so much to actually tell us about. It seems like they're actually doing a pretty decent job with holding information this time around. Maybe we will only know a few Pokemon and the bare minimum come release day in November.

Do we think Zacian and Zamazenta will be able to Gigantamax? Is that why they started to glow in their reveal trailer? Why don't we know what types they have yet? Ughhh so much to actually tell us about. It seems like they're actually doing a pretty decent job with holding information this time around. Maybe we will only know a few Pokemon and the bare minimum come release day in November.
Hmm...I want to say that their glowing is the equivalent of Solgaleo/Lunala/Dawn/Dusk-Necrozma’s “Phases” or Reshiram/Zekrom/Black/White Kyurem’s “Turbo Mode.” I think Xerneas has one too like Neutral and Active Mode. I’m thinking if they get a powered-up form it might be something different kinda like Primal Reversion or Ultra Necrozma.

Last edited:
If we get a lengthy trailer I think we'll see...

• 4 new Pokemon. Possibly Skwovet or Greedunt. Maybe Impidimp.
  • Team Yell
  • Bede or the rival that Team Yell is apparently a fan of.
  • Camping
  • Two more version exclusive Gym Leaders.
  • Another new feature.
Definitely feeling that Team Yell, Impidimp and the camping feature have got to be in the next trailer. We already got the big battle mechanics out of the way with Dynamax and Gigantamax, and the camping feature has kind of been teased in tiny clips, so it'd be about time to roll that one out. And due to that one banner in one of the gyms, I suspect that Impidimp may be revealed to tie-in with that... and Team Yell just because we already covered a number of protagonists, it feels like it's gotta be time to show the antagonists off. Which would also mean Marnie and maybe Bede being revealed to tie in with them too.

Ok I predict 5 or 6 new pokemon tommorow, a lot of new moves, abilities and two new G-forms too.

I thought they announce that there's an announcement coming. But there's nothing now.

I thought they announce that there's an announcement coming. But there's nothing now.
We're not sure, I think it's just speculation about a trailer tomorrow. There is a couple of rumors claiming about a trailer tomorrow (likely under the guise of the same person, and really are not the most credible), but nothing concrete.

Also, the last trailer on July 8th was just silently dropped with no announcement ahead of time. They could just as easily do that again. That being said though? Having another trailer drop tomorrow is just as likely (or just as unlikely) as having a trailer drop any random day.

Back
Top Bottom