• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential Regional Forms in Gen IV Remakes?

for some reason didn't occur to me that sinnoh remakes would be in sinnoh.
anyway I need Gmax Garchomp, and Garchompium Z, and another Mega so it can be Mega Garchomp X/Y, and an Alolan Garchomp and a Galarian Garchomp, I need Garchomp to have all the forms and signature things so I can have a team of Garchomps where each one is unique

for some reason didn't occur to me that sinnoh remakes would be in sinnoh.
anyway I need Gmax Garchomp, and Garchompium Z, and another Mega so it can be Mega Garchomp X/Y, and an Alolan Garchomp and a Galarian Garchomp, I need Garchomp to have all the forms and signature things so I can have a team of Garchomps where each one is unique
Oh God... Please don't turn Garchomp into Charizard...

Please not another Charizard situation, I would like to forget that annoying favoritism ever existed, which thankfully, will be easy due to other Kanto starters getting Gigantamax forms in the DLC.

I think that there might be regional variants in the remakes, but they might be limited to just Gen 5 and onwards.
This is what I see as more likely.

There's not a reason for anything Pre Gen 4 to get a regional variant if they decide to do so in Sinnoh remakes. I'd imagine Gens 5-8 would get the treatment, most likely 5, 6 and 7, as Galar and Sinnoh have similar climates, possibly referenced by the fact that there weren't any Sinnoh Pokemon that gained Galarian evolutions.

So in that case, what Pokemon from Unova, Kalos and Alola could get a Sinnohian forme?

My first thought was Comfey, with it growing fond of Gracidea flowers and making leis out of them, and becoming Grass/Fairy type. Or, they could have been introduced to more a Snowy Sinnoh area, and grabbed Christmas lights, making them Fairy/Electric?

the only pokemon that could get regional evolution forms are :

Linoone, Corsola, Farfetch'd, Mr Mime
taking we got in Galar
Obstagoon, Cursola, Sirfethc h'd, Mr Rime in Galar...

the Sinnoh ones should get matched evolutions, similar like gen 5 Cofagrigus and gen 8 Runerigus .
With name change.
Those evolutions will be similar like Cubone to Marowak and Alolan Marowak with type and ability change...

Taking Linoone, during night maybe a normal/ghost, or normal/fighting?
Corsola could get maybe a rock/poison or something that kind...
Sirfetche'd could be called differently in sinnoh, it weapons could change, maybe normal/flying could change into flying/fighting or dark/flying? or ghost/fighting?
Mr Rime, was ice/psychic in galar? could stay psychic/fairy or maybe call it differently and make type change? 4 new pokemon possible here.

Rest rather will be mostly Megas(starters), maybe one or 5 new will get Gigantamax(for some legendaries and some other pokes or maybe a mix of both for Arceus) will possibility to use or catch some Gigantamax pokemon maybe in the Disortion world??? would make sense there or make them get it there.

With regional forms hope rather for Expansions , gen 9 and further and not gen 4 remakes. There Megas are more wished.

This is what I see as more likely.

There's not a reason for anything Pre Gen 4 to get a regional variant if they decide to do so in Sinnoh remakes. I'd imagine Gens 5-8 would get the treatment, most likely 5, 6 and 7, as Galar and Sinnoh have similar climates, possibly referenced by the fact that there weren't any Sinnoh Pokemon that gained Galarian evolutions.

So in that case, what Pokemon from Unova, Kalos and Alola could get a Sinnohian forme?

My first thought was Comfey, with it growing fond of Gracidea flowers and making leis out of them, and becoming Grass/Fairy type. Or, they could have been introduced to more a Snowy Sinnoh area, and grabbed Christmas lights, making them Fairy/Electric?
I had an idea for a Sinnohan Krookodlie that's Water/Dark-type, with it also being the original Krookodile whose lakes never dried up. I got that idea from the fact the Desert Resort wasn't originally a desert, which prompted the Sandiles in the area to evolve into their Ground-type versions we see today.

don't have any typing I deas but i always thought unless they were considered invasive species all pokemon not native to a region should have regional forms
but since i know that is not practical

i would like to see a regional variant of Solrock, Lunatune,Onix, Steelix, staryu, starmie, hoot hoot , Noctowl, barboach, whiscash, feebas, milotic and maybe regional variants of fossilmon not introduced in gen 4 and legendaries fro,m outside the region (kinda like what there doing for the birds of kanto in the DLC pack)

and yes i know some of these are probably in sinnoh already or not but who say they might not just change them for the conventiance of it of or what ever

i would like to see a regional variant of Solrock, Lunatune,Onix, Steelix, staryu, starmie, hoot hoot , Noctowl, barboach, whiscash, feebas, milotic and maybe regional variants of fossilmon not introduced in gen 4 and legendaries fro,m outside the region (kinda like what there doing for the birds of kanto in the DLC pack)
Not sure how other legendaries could work since the birds at least had the excuse of not having much lore whatsoever, nor are treated as more than strong Pokémon, but after all the speculation about a regional Ice Noctowl, I feel like I would like that.

I'd love to see a snowy owl Noctowl! Sinnoh is meant to be cold, so it would make sense.

On the other hand, I think regional variants are only introduced for new/current regions, rather than past ones. I'm not expecting any regional variants for the Sinnoh games.

Not sure how other legendaries could work since the birds at least had the excuse of not having much lore whatsoever, nor are treated as more than strong Pokémon, but after all the speculation about a regional Ice Noctowl, I feel like I would like that.

I was referring to the non cover ones for the most part like Heatran or the dogs possibly although depending on how they do it latias and latios along with the regis based on there mythology same with the Forces of Nature trio(Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus ) or maybe may work depending on how the region is set up. and certain mythicals could possibly work like shaymin, manaphy and phione

Hi all!

Not sure if there is or has been a thread about this topic already and if so, please direct me there for currently ongoing speculation.

As we now have half of all Pokemon that have never appeared in the Sinnoh region, what do we think about the possibility of regional Sinnohian forms of Pokemon from Unova, Kalos, Alola and Galar?

What Pokemon do you think could get a Sinnohian form in Diamond and Pearl remakes?

I always had an idea of a Rock and Fairy type Kabuto. (I know it sounds strange, just hear me out.)

With glowing mushrooms on its back, I would imagine you would get it by restoring a fungi Fossil to get this form. It became like this about 250-ish million years ago. Kabuto were forced to move from their homes and find to a new home. They settled in a Forest full of fairy Pokrmon, glowing mushrooms and more, as it had lots of ponds and rivers. They eventually adapted to be camouflaged to their environment.

Kabutops would have a couple of mushrooms on its back, head and other parts of its body. It would sneak around to ambush it's prey. Sometimes it would stand there for hours just to find its next meal.

These Pokemon weren't able to thrive very long to become a new species, as there was as all the pokemon there went extinct due to possible fires that burned the forest (and surrounding areas) to the ground. Causing these pokemon to die out.

I'd love to see a snowy owl Noctowl! Sinnoh is meant to be cold, so it would make sense.

On the other hand, I think regional variants are only introduced for new/current regions, rather than past ones. I'm not expecting any regional variants for the Sinnoh games.

I only to those who got evolutions in this games as variant forms. Means that the oryginals have still hidden potential elsewhere.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom