• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential Regional Forms in Gen IV Remakes?

KiranTheWitch

Shiny Hunter
Reaction score
Hi all!

Not sure if there is or has been a thread about this topic already and if so, please direct me there for currently ongoing speculation.

As we now have half of all Pokemon that have never appeared in the Sinnoh region, what do we think about the possibility of regional Sinnohian forms of Pokemon from Unova, Kalos, Alola and Galar?

What Pokemon do you think could get a Sinnohian form in Diamond and Pearl remakes?

Hi all!

Not sure if there is or has been a thread about this topic already and if so, please direct me there for currently ongoing speculation.

As we now have half of all Pokemon that have never appeared in the Sinnoh region, what do we think about the possibility of regional Sinnohian forms of Pokemon from Unova, Kalos, Alola and Galar?

What Pokemon do you think could get a Sinnohian form in Diamond and Pearl remakes?

I don't want any of them to get a Sinnohian form. That's my wish.

I don't really think Carbink would work tbh, unless Diancie also gets a regional form change (Which i don't see happening, since its a mythical).
They could handwave it by saying only Kalosian Carbink can turn into Diancie. Kinda like the opposite of Galarian Mr. Mime or Galarian Linoone.

I don't think that we'll get regional variants in the Diamond/Pearl remakes tbh. Judging by how wild Pokemon distribution was handled in FR/LG, HG/SS and OR/AS - i.e. the wild Pokemon basically being the same as in the original games with only minor alterations during the main game - I think that we're likely to see the exact same original Pokedex that D/P had in the remade versions at least during the main storyline.

I don't think that we'll get regional variants in the Diamond/Pearl remakes tbh. Judging by how wild Pokemon distribution was handled in FR/LG, HG/SS and OR/AS - i.e. the wild Pokemon basically being the same as in the original games with only minor alterations during the main game - I think that we're likely to see the exact same original Pokedex that D/P had in the remade versions at least during the main storyline.
I don't think that they are going to do that because of Dexit.

Like said before, the remakes can be expanded -region (new areas) and Dex wise - but to have that there's no need (nor would I want it) for regional variants.
I like regional variants but it seems they have become the scapegoat for not creating entirely new concepts and Pkmn. It's like seeing Meowth - a Pkmn inspired by Maneki Neko, a Japanese reference - being used and abused in order to have a viking reference, not to mention having two consecutive generations where the same Pkmn gets a new variant. :rolleyes: Since GF's handling of variants is not stellar, thanks, but no thanks.

I don't know why I didn't even consider the idea of the Gen 4 remakes possibly containing Regional Variants. But now that I have heard the idea I am going to hope for it and get disappointed if it doesn't happen. It would work so well to help promote the games, and would give the remakes something different than the original doesn't have (like how ORAS had Megas). I wouldn't be all too shocked if they didn't do this, but now that the idea is in my head I want them to so badly. Regional variants are probably one of my favorite parts of Pokemon, so any chance to make more would be awesome.

A Sinnohian Rockruff and Lycanroc (Rock/Ice), or even just the Lycanroc. (I do realize that more recent Pokemon probably won't see a new form anytime soon, but this is speculation so I'm going for it. And I know it already has 3 forms, but again, speculation). Before Lycanroc, Pokemon really hadn't seen any wolves, and well now we got 3 with the already mentioned doggo, and now Zacian and Zamazenta, but we haven't really seen a wolf Pokemon living in a cold climate. The cold mountains of Sinnoh would be a great place to put this wolf friend. While extinct, Japan even did have a species of wolf residing in Hokkaido, the Hokkaido Wolf or Ezo Wolf. The body could turn a light icy blue color, or a navy blue, almost black color (if they gave it its midday and midnight forms it could do both), and the rocks on its body can become shards of ice. There are even plenty of concepts of this idea online if you type in "ice-type Lycanroc".

Sinnoh Krookodile with the Water/Dark-typing having green as its primary color of the design. Its lore could be that the Water-type version was actually the original species before its Unovan counterpart was forced to become Ground due to rivers and lakes drying up and becoming deserts.

Basically just a little bit like Linoone's lore in a way.

Sinnoh Krookodile with the Water/Dark-typing having green as its primary color of the design. Its lore could be that the Water-type version was actually the original species before its Unovan counterpart was forced to become Ground due to rivers and lakes drying up and becoming deserts.

Basically just a little bit like Linoone's lore in a way.

I like this idea a lot (But i doubt Krookodile line will be in Sinnoh, because it would be way to cold for it).

I was thinking that here goes it if we can ing game get to Trade a regular form with a other trainer for a form from a other region.
This way Alolan and Galarian forms could come to Sinnoh without a problem. The same way with fossils.
Trainers from those regions maybe could be in Sinho and trade with the protagonist in pokecenters. (would make it interesting)

The only regional variants I could imagine are a different version Farfetched evo, Obstagon, Mr Rime and Cursola(Corsola) in Sinho then they are in Galar. Regular Farfetch needs a evo(flying/fighting).... Obstagoon could get different typing, the same with rest... Rime probably stays the way it is... Cursola could maybe evolve differently? other name? rock/poison?
like the way Runigerus... or Alolan Marowak from Cubone, this was the best way, to evolve based evolution without giving it a regional form...

Getting gen 5, 6 , 7 , 8 in gen 4 remakes would be too much... would be intereting to see if a first stage pokemon traded from a other region would evolve differently in Sinho.

Sinho would be also a good way to introduce two new Eeveeolutions by the way.

I honestly think that, regional forms are for new games and that Sinnoh will give us new megas

would be cool to see new megas and maybe allow those Gigantamax we alredy have of Kanto to get a "Gigantamax item" to get used outside of Galar to see how the mechanics would compete with each other? they could create some more then for gen 2, 3 and 4...

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom