• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Prank War Mafia, A BMU Story: Endgame, Final Prank Foiled! Town Wins! (2/6/19)

Hey all. Severe thunderstorms in my area are causing a few electrical disturbances. My internet connection has been pretty spotty, but I’ve been trying to keep an eye on things.

A few things to note, while things are relatively calm outside.
1. Contrainer’s immediate vote on Eresh after I called out his inconsistency, but with no further explanation is wonky, and I like how MegaPod noticed that. Contrainer has also not answered Darth’s question about whether or not he knows why he is currently voting for Eresh. It almost seems like Contrainer is trying to go the “well he told me to do it!” route, assuming Eresh flips town.

2. Max seems normal for Max. I’m not particularly worried about him. If he’s town, he’s going to be pretty sheepy and act suspicious, and if he’s scum, he usually ends up giving it away.

3. AE, is it just me or do you always seem to get headaches or caffeine deprived during Mafia games? :p

3. AE, is it just me or do you always seem to get headaches or caffeine deprived during Mafia games? :p
Not often. Just that the game started at that really weird point.

You do realize this doesn't actually change regardless of my actual alignment?
Come on, Max. You can do better!

I feel like there is something up with Eresh. I mean, restless spirit is a good one to deliberately attract a NK with, because it doesn't have much value... but the player still stays in the game if killed. Claiming like that eliminates that advantage.

I feel like there is something up with Eresh. I mean, restless spirit is a good one to deliberately attract a NK with, because it doesn't have much value... but the player still stays in the game if killed. Claiming like that eliminates that advantage.

Do you really think I would try to cover having a power role by claiming restless spirit in two games in a row? I mean, that would be as crazy as trying to cover up being a serial killer by claiming godfather and then trying to fake a jester role!

I didn't. I voted for the game host.
No I meant why you gave us the option to just lynch you that doesn't seem right.
...You do realize it's D1, right?
You do realize that, although d1 can be tough, d1 is still crucial to the game. We've been going well since the second half of the phase that can certainly bring some thoughts to the table on others. Share them.
Do you really think I would try to cover having a power role by claiming restless spirit in two games in a row? I mean, that would be as crazy as trying to cover up being a serial killer by claiming godfather and then trying to fake a jester role!
I mean, that is something you would totally do, especially when you mention it to strengthen your own fake claim.
AE also brings a good point, RS is more effective when scum doesn't know it, you were under no pressure either, so what gives, what made you claim this?

@Contrainer I'm honestly not sure if you're playing dumb or not, not nothing one thing, sure, but everything. At least try to formulate your thoughts now and see who is suspicious to you.

I'm asking others for their thoughts so might as well put mine down as well.
Max1996 - being anti town by lack of info on d1, very cautious in actions. Null as this isn't the first time for max to do it and could go either way.
DarthWolf - the darkest of wolves.
MegaPod - made a recent post that was good, putting down what seems to me like a first real vote, leaning town.
CheffOfGames - claimed to have a role that shouldn't be targeted at night as it will be a waste. I'll leave this for now but intention seemed honest.
Magnificent Entertainer - posting good content as I've expected from him, have to be careful to not fall for a scum ME again but so far he's been helping town well.
Contrainer - this slot is really weird and just seems to take whatever solution to d1 comes up. Doesn't answer questions well nor do they share proper thoughts.
Ereshkigal - RS claim, I've talked about this enough to know my thoughts. Still a weird thing to do but wouldn't call it worth a d1 lynch.
AussieEevee - brought up a good point on Ereshkigal but that's about it, need to see more.
Calvin ッ - oh yeah he's in the game. Please be active @Calvin ッ . Inactive slot, I never like going for inactives, especially this early. There is at least 1 scum active and I'd rather remove them first.

Vote: Contrainer
You really need to explain yourself

i'm not really sure what to do rn
I'm a vanilla
I think Max is scum but not sure enough to change my vote

i'm not really sure what to do rn
I'm a vanilla
I think Max is scum but not sure enough to change my vote
Vanilla is pretty damn easy to claim.
You think Max is scum, but you aren't sure enough to change your vote off of someone whom you are allegedly voting because you think they're town onto someone you believe is scum?
F-, thank you for playing, but better luck next time.

I'm 40% confident
But eresh is a safe lynch
if shes scum she's scum. if she's a restless spirit that's fine. if she's town but not a restless spirit then screw her.

Not really
Because a total null read in this size is 25% scum
Which is the same in any game on D1. Or at least any balanced game, anyway.
In any balanced game, roughly 1/4 of the players are going to be scum, ergo any "null" read has a 25% chance of being scum this early on.

No I meant why you gave us the option to just lynch you that doesn't seem right.

Because I do that when Restless Spirit, since as far as scumhunting goes I'm only as good as my ability to make an argument?

I mean, that is something you would totally do, especially when you mention it to strengthen your own fake claim.
AE also brings a good point, RS is more effective when scum doesn't know it, you were under no pressure either, so what gives, what made you claim this?

It's also a safe kill for scum if they want to avoid being detected. Why not kill the Restless Spirit? No one will be watching them. Plenty of time to investigate others and see what results.

I'm 40% confident
But eresh is a safe lynch
if shes scum she's scum. if she's a restless spirit that's fine. if she's town but not a restless spirit then screw her.

So, wait... If it turns out I'm a power role like Vig again and using Restless Spirit as a cover, your reaction is "screw her" anyway? I don't care if it's me; if it's anyone, this kind of stance would be beyond scummy.

Restless Spirit is somewhat a PR IMO (that sounds weird) so why would you do that
Eh it is Eresh
Unvote Ereshkigal

Calvin ッ - oh yeah he's in the game. Please be active @Calvin ッ . Inactive slot, I never like going for inactives, especially this early. There is at least 1 scum active and I'd rather remove them first.

Yeah sorry about this, it is exam season and I didn't realise it would hit so hard, I have an exam this morning then after I promise I will come back to the thread and catch up.

Back
Top Bottom