• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Prank War Mafia, A BMU Story: Endgame, Final Prank Foiled! Town Wins! (2/6/19)

Close, by no cigar. You specifically mentioned that informational roles shouldn’t target you, but given the role you claimed, protection roles shouldn’t, either.

Perhaps you were looking to waste Town’s protection roles on you while not providing anything else in return?
No, I did not want to waste protection roles, the reason I specifically asked for information roles to not target me was because I think information roles would be more useful actually getting information, and I didn't think protection roles would want to target me d1 anyways, I am no power player and hadn't hinted at having a strong role, nor made myself a target for mafia.

Just for the record, this is what we have out in the open so far:
  1. Max1996: claimed Tracker
  2. DarthWolf: claimed JOAT 1x Cop, 1x Doc, 1x Tracker (seems to be a universal backup JOAT)
  3. MegaPod: ???
  4. CheffOfGames: Ascetic
  5. Magnificent Entertainer: Cop
  6. Contrainer: Vanilla (confirmed by flip)
  7. Ereshkigal: Restless Spirit (Town checked)
  8. AussieEevee: Vanilla (confirmed by flip)
  9. Calvin ッ: ???
Let’s assume Darth is telling the truth about being a “universal” backup for Town PRs. That would confirm Darth, since Mafia has no need for Cop or Doc. It also likely confirms that Max is Town, as a secondary Town info role.

That leaves MegaPod, Calvin, and Cheff in the PoE, not counting the possibility of Godfather!Eresh.

Assuming Cheff is telling the truth, then he and Eresh cannot be scumbuddies, because that would be Godfather + Ascetic, which makes Mafia completely undetectable to Cop and have one Mafioso completely untrackable. Okay, this is technically possible, but I think even LG would know better than to do this.

I actually kinda like Cheff as scum, because his specific role counters all of Town’s roles at once, making it, effectively, a passive Roleblocker ability. Also, whichever of Cheff or Eresh is Town, there are at least 3 passive roles in the Town already. I suppose 4 passive roles in Town is possible, but not likely.

Let’s see how MP and Calvin’s roles pan out, and go from there, shall we?

I actually kinda like Cheff as scum, because his specific role counters all of Town’s roles at once, making it, effectively, a passive Roleblocker ability.
Oh damn... Didn't even think about that... That'd be fun.
Notes that down for future game.
In all seriousness tho, assuming everyone spoke the truth, Max's claim seem smost likely scum like to me (ignoring MP and Calvin for now since they haven't claimed yet)

I trust ME and Eresh (partly) are town (for now), since ME claimed doc and nobody counter claimed it, and he checked Eresh who came back as town (obviously could also be Godfather, but for now I am inclined to believe them).
Darth and Max are a bit iffy for me (Cheff, not ME) atm, scum!Darth can usually hide his scumminess relatively well, or I am just bad at spotting it, and Max has up to now been playing his usual self, which is rather NAI.
Then we have MP and Calvin, both not claimed anything yet, Calvin has been relatively absent and I should get back and reread what MP has said, but I don't have any real reads on them for now.

Looks like I need to claim, don’t I? Only a matter of time before scum figures it out if I refuse.

AEWe5IWsfdVhwgnWH1Hm_nKdZwQ=.gif

tumblr_pcpexzET0s1tajor5o1_540.gif

I’m never sure if Eresh is screwing around or not, so I checked her. She’s Town.

To be fair, me being Town doesn't preclude me screwing around.

Assuming Cheff is telling the truth, then he and Eresh cannot be scumbuddies, because that would be Godfather + Ascetic, which makes Mafia completely undetectable to Cop and have one Mafioso completely untrackable. Okay, this is technically possible, but I think even LG would know better than to do this.

We also need to keep an eye out for indeps. Town has too many investigative roles for there just to be Mafia unless the Mafia have a trick up their sleeves. But the number of Town non-roles and Town passive roles suggest a second non-Town killer in the game. It is possible I am misreading this, but I am currently suspicious of a potential SK that simply holstered for a couple nights. Or a Mafia strongman with multiple shots.

Eresh, the game is only on D2. There’s only been one night.
Also, given the size of the game, a Mafia Strongman, should one exist, would not have bolstered last night, especially if they have multiple shots.
I do also rather doubt existence of SK outside of the possibility of a one person scum team, and I think that’s pretty remote.

Bah! You can tell I'm still frazzled from work.

1. Max1996: claimed Tracker
  2. DarthWolf: claimed JOAT 1x Cop, 1x Doc, 1x Tracker (seems to be a universal backup JOAT)
  3. MegaPod: ???
  4. CheffOfGames: Ascetic
  5. Magnificent Entertainer: Cop
  6. Contrainer: Vanilla (confirmed by flip)
  7. Ereshkigal: Restless Spirit (Town checked)
  8. AussieEevee: Vanilla (confirmed by flip)
  9. Calvin ッ: ???
Looks like I need to claim, don’t I? Only a matter of time before scum figures it out if I refuse.

AEWe5IWsfdVhwgnWH1Hm_nKdZwQ=.gif

tumblr_pcpexzET0s1tajor5o1_540.gif
Yeah the doc was expected, this leaves Calvin
Vote: Calvin
What are you?

Back
Top Bottom