• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Prank War Mafia, A BMU Story: Endgame, Final Prank Foiled! Town Wins! (2/6/19)

Night 1

Night 1: Nothing Can Possibly Go Wrong:

End D1 Votals:
Contrainer (4):
MegaPod, DarthWolf, Magnificent Entertainer, Ereshkigal

That night, Lone switched off his PS4 for the night, having just viewed the credits for Final Fantast XV: Comrades. Though apparently there was still quite a lot of game after the credits, but he could get started on that tomorrow night or something. As he got himself ready for bed, his mind flashed back to the image of Kyriaki getting a face-full of Pepsi, and he chuckled slightly. Unintentional though it was, it was still somewhat funny to think about. He supposed Kyriaki would be somewhat annoyed and sticky, but didn’t really think much of it. It wasn’t like Kyriaki would become vindictive and whip the entire section into some kind of prank war or anything.

Yep. Nothing bad like that could possibly happen.

***​

Meanwhile, on the other side of F&G, Kyriaki was becoming vindictive and (unknowingly) about to whip the entire section into a prank war. Though, “vindictive” may not be entirely accurate. Truth be told, the Pepsi bottle had simply inspired him to pull one or two good-natured pranks of his own. He’d been hanging out with Contrainer for much of the night, and was about to leave for his own home. As he went to leave however, he subtly turned away from Contrainer and slipped something into his hand. When he reached the door, he turned around and offered Contrainer a parting handshake. Contrainer gladly took the outstretched hand, only to yelp in pain as an electrical shock coursed through his body, his skeleton lighting up and becoming visible through his skin like in the cartoons.

Contrainer was pranked! They were a Vanilla aligned with the Town.

Hi there, Contrainer, you are a joy buzzer.

One of the pranking classics. The premise is simple. The device is attached to your hand by a strap, facing outwards from the palm. You then prompt the victim to shake your hand. When they grasp your hand, they press the button on the device, delivering a small electric shock to the victim.

Unfortunately, due to being such an old and well-known prank, much of the novelty has worn down over the years. Due to this, you are a Vanilla. You have no special power in this game.

You are aligned with the Town, and win once all opposing forces are defeated.

Kyriaki howled with laughter as he revealed the joy buzzer strapped to the inside of his hand. Contrainer had to admit that it was kinda funny, and shooed Kyriaki out to go home. Once Kyriaki was on his way, Contrainer closed the door and grinned deviously to himself, his own pranking plans already beginning to form in his mind.

It is now Night 1, Night 1 will end in 24 hours.
Countdown Timer

And now time for one of my patented idiotic plans.

...sooooo hi. I'm the Cop. Now why would I announce this so early in the game and during night time, you might ask? Well that's easy. As I previously mentioned, I'm the most likely candidate for being killed N1 because Mafia knows for sure that I am not Mafia, but Town still has reason to doubt me.
I absolutely hate getting roles like this, because I usually plan on being killed early on and the goal of information roles is to live as long as possible.

Again, though, why am I outing myself? Well, odds of my survival beyond N1 were slim to none going into this phase. Now, at the very least, the Doctor and other informational roles can use this as a means of determining their protection target and gathering information. And now, Mafia has to ask themselves what the odds are of me getting protected tonight and reevaluate their plan to kill me.
Of course, there are some potential downsides to this strategy. Namely, the Mafia could have a Strongman shot or a Roleblocker, which would either kill me anyway or make my role useless.
However, in both cases, alternate informational roles would be useful for flushing out scum, and, in the case of the former, it would require scum to use up their probably only Strongman shot on me, thus making Doc protection more valuable going forward. In the case of the latter, my role might be useless, but I'd still be alive, and that's considerably more important than some stupid role.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfU69_up02Y

Your move, scum.
how-to-drink-whiskey-like-a-real-man980-1469017513_1100x513.jpg

And now time for one of my patented idiotic plans.

...sooooo hi. I'm the Cop. Now why would I announce this so early in the game and during night time, you might ask? Well that's easy. As I previously mentioned, I'm the most likely candidate for being killed N1 because Mafia knows for sure that I am not Mafia, but Town still has reason to doubt me.
I absolutely hate getting roles like this, because I usually plan on being killed early on and the goal of information roles is to live as long as possible.

Again, though, why am I outing myself? Well, odds of my survival beyond N1 were slim to none going into this phase. Now, at the very least, the Doctor and other informational roles can use this as a means of determining their protection target and gathering information. And now, Mafia has to ask themselves what the odds are of me getting protected tonight and reevaluate their plan to kill me.
Of course, there are some potential downsides to this strategy. Namely, the Mafia could have a Strongman shot or a Roleblocker, which would either kill me anyway or make my role useless.
However, in both cases, alternate informational roles would be useful for flushing out scum, and, in the case of the former, it would require scum to use up their probably only Strongman shot on me, thus making Doc protection more valuable going forward. In the case of the latter, my role might be useless, but I'd still be alive, and that's considerably more important than some stupid role.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfU69_up02Y

Your move, scum.
how-to-drink-whiskey-like-a-real-man980-1469017513_1100x513.jpg

This is only N1...What are you doing, if you are Cop?

I think its fine, Mafia will most likely be forced to changed their target allowing ME, if he is indeed the cop to just get a free check on whoever he feels is scummy.

I'll be honest, I was surprised at Contrainer's lynch flipping actual vanilla townie, as he did seem a bit quick on the mark and overall this just made him seem a bit scummy, trying to force a lynch. Obviously it backfired, however he did unvote Eresh at the end of the phase, I don't know if this means anything.

Also, I apologise for my absence, revision and studying in general came first, but I should be free now for the remainder of the game.

Even if Mafia chooses not to change their kill from me, they'll have to worry about a potential Watcher.

So, my primary goal here was survival, but my secondary goal is that, should I die, I do not want my death to be in vain. Town should hopefully be able to get some useful information out of this, one way or another.

I'll be honest, I was surprised at Contrainer's lynch flipping actual vanilla townie, as he did seem a bit quick on the mark and overall this just made him seem a bit scummy, trying to force a lynch. Obviously it backfired, however he did unvote Eresh at the end of the phase, I don't know if this means anything.

I had no problem with the idea of lynching me. It was one of the defenses he used for the idea that drew my attention.

Day 2

Day 2: Whoopee For Me!

Lone woke up the next morning feeling rather refreshed. He’d gotten a better night’s sleep than usual, and was prepared to kick ass. He noticed a few unusual things as he walked this morning, one of the windows of a building filled with balloons here, a fountain looking rather bubbly there. He didn’t think much of it until he reached the remarkably busy F&G Administration building.

“What’s going on?” He asked a frazzled looking Crystal Onix.

“Reports. They’ve been coming in all morning.” CO replied. “Apparently there’s been pranks going on left and right.”

“Oh, so that explains all that stuff going on outside.” Lone said.

“We think we’ve narrowed down the inciting incident to be a bottle of cola rigged with Mentos going off in someone’s face.” RC said, appearing rather unamused by the situation.

“You wouldn’t happen to know anything about that, would you, Lone?” Darth asked, but it really wasn’t a question. It was obvious that he knew exactly what Lone knew about it.

“Ok, yes, it was payback for the air horn thing.” Lone admitted. “But it’s not my fault you didn’t drink your Pepsi.”

“I don’t like Pepsi.” Darth said matter-of-factly.

“Damn.” Lone said. “The one thing I didn’t count on; your terrible taste in cola. Seriously though, Kyriaki gets a face full of Pepsi and suddenly they go and pull all this? That doesn’t sound like them.”

“No, we talked to Kyriaki, and they admitted to joy-buzzing Contrainer, but it doesn’t look like they did the rest.”

“So then, Kyriaki got pranked, so they decided to prank Contrainer, who then proceeded to prank someone else, and so on until it turned into this?” Lone asked.

“That’s our running theory, yes.” RC replied. “So, since you started this whole mess with the Pepsi-Mentos, you can get out there and handle it while we deal with things back here.”

“Uh, yeah, sure, I can handle this.” Lone said as he headed out the door to try and get things settled.

***​

Meanwhile, AussieEevee was firing up his computer in preparation for some coding. As he sat down to begin working however, a loud, comically drawn out farting noise filled the room.

AussieEevee was pranked! They were a Vanilla aligned with the Town.

Hi there, AussieEevee, you are a whoopee cushion.

One of the pranking classics. The premise is simple, the small rubber cushion is placed on the victim’s chair. When they sit, they force the air out of a small rubber opening with loose flaps, making it sound as though they farted as they sat down.

Unfortunately, due to being such an old and well-known prank, much of the novelty has worn down over the years. Due to this, you are a Vanilla. You have no special power in this game.

You are aligned with the Town, and win once all opposing forces are defeated.

The sound continued for several seconds, before AE got up from his chair to discover a deflated pink whoopee cushion planted on the seat.

“What the…” He wondered. “Who the hell put this here? And how?! I’m in my own home!” Making his decision, he grabbed a phone to make a report to the mod team.

***​

“Hello?” Crystal Onix said as he picked up the phone on his desk. “Alright, thanks.” He placed the phone back on the receiver. “We got another one, guys!” He called out, met with groans from the rest of the mods present.

It is now Day 2. Day 2 will end in 48 hours.
Countdown Timer

So, did you Cop-check anyone, @Magnificent Entertainer?
No. I wasted the phase because I was certain I was going to die. :p

I’m never sure if Eresh is screwing around or not, so I checked her. She’s Town.

This leaves:
  1. Max
  2. MegaPod
  3. DarthWolf
  4. CheffOfGames
  5. Calvin

Cheff claimed some kind of untargetable role. I’m not counting this as a Miller claim because a) it wasn’t a flat out claim and b) it was more involved than just a cop check.

Max has been acting like his normal self, which is NAI.

Calvin has been mostly inactive.

MegaPod seems reasonable, but I’ll have to ISO him.

If I am town, Darth must be scum. :unsure:

I don’t think you should have outed that, Max.
The only reason I outed my role was to avoid dying N1, which would have happened otherwise.

That said, this does narrow down the pool a bit, since I am willing to trust Max, for now, and I think Cheff can wait a bit longer.

Vote: MegaPod went back and ISO’d him. Only four posts in the entire game, one of which was a joke vote, and the other of which was a brief “well I didn’t expect that,” at the beginning of N1 in response to Contrainer’s flip and my role reveal.
The only notable thing MegaPod has done all game was starting the Contrainer wagon.

Darth and Calvin are also suspect, but I’m willing to give Calvin a little more time to post, and, honestly, I think Darth and I usually being on different teams is not a good enough reason to vote for him.

I don’t think you should have outed that, Max.
Not really any other explanation for me completely believing you...

That said, this does narrow down the pool a bit, since I am willing to trust Max, for now, and I think Cheff can wait a bit longer.

Vote: MegaPod went back and ISO’d him. Only four posts in the entire game, one of which was a joke vote, and the other of which was a brief “well I didn’t expect that,” at the beginning of N1 in response to Contrainer’s flip and my role reveal.
The only notable thing MegaPod has done all game was starting the Contrainer wagon.

Darth and Calvin are also suspect, but I’m willing to give Calvin a little more time to post, and, honestly, I think Darth and I usually being on different teams is not a good enough reason to vote for him.
I'll trust ME on this.
Vote: MegaPod

Back
Top Bottom