• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pre-Orders

Without any special shipping, Amazon's the cheapest I've seen at £25, so that's where I placed my order.

By the by, is it true that they often dispatch their orders out early and you're likely to recieve them before the release date? I only just heard about this recently from a friend who pre-ordered Epic Yarn and apparantly got it two days earlier than expected.

Yep, most places do - I've preordered White from GAME, as I'd said, and they dispatched it yesterday, so it'll probably arrive today or tomorrow. Play.com is where I ended up getting Black too earlier and they've dispatched it today too, I believe, with the £25.99 price and no particular (free) delivery. Amazon does the same, in my experience.

Yep, most places do - I've preordered White from GAME, as I'd said, and they dispatched it yesterday, so it'll probably arrive today or tomorrow. Play.com is where I ended up getting Black too earlier and they've dispatched it today too, I believe, with the £25.99 price and no particular (free) delivery. Amazon does the same, in my experience.

I can't say I've ever had any pre-order arrive earlier from Amazon in my experience, Play.com have now and then with certain releases though.

Just your opinion, I pre-ordered BW ages ago, do you think that EB Games will still give it to me even though they weren't advertising the pre-order bonus at the time?

If you don't mind me asking, where in NZ are you? I know everyone at the Invercargill one, and they're all nice. They'd definitely give you one. My friend at one of the ones in Tauranga would be fair (if he's working that day), and I know some of the people in the Dunedin ones.

I can't say I've ever had any pre-order arrive earlier from Amazon in my experience, Play.com have now and then with certain releases though.

Well, I've never preordered games from Amazon, but I've had books come up to a week early. I suppose it really just depends.

So Prime went out and pre-ordered our copies of Black and White at TRU this past weekend. I gets me some wall clings in a few days. Woo hoo. Now here's the thing: I spotted a little something at my local Wal-Mart two days later. It was in one of the lock cases in Electronics. Seems that my local Wallyworld has a DS accessories set, a bit like EB only the styluses are Zekrom and Reshiram. The way they were positioned in the case it looked as though some associate shoved them in there and tried to hide them but failed at the attempt. I'm thinking that this isn't really a pre-order bonus, just an exclusive but I'm not terribly sure. I may have to ask someone tomorrow.

Well, I've never preordered games from Amazon, but I've had books come up to a week early. I suppose it really just depends.

I preordered the game guide from amazon, but it looks like they won't even be thinking about shipping it till the 6th. It says expected delivery March 10th-14th..

I preordered the game guide from amazon, but it looks like they won't even be thinking about shipping it till the 6th. It says expected delivery March 10th-14th..
Yeah. That's one problem with releasing the games on a Sunday. They won't even ship until Monday. I don't get why Nintendo doesn't release on Tuesday like other developers.

So Prime went out and pre-ordered our copies of Black and White at TRU this past weekend. I gets me some wall clings in a few days. Woo hoo.
Well that's just Prime... (Couldn't resist)

That EB Games Exclusive kit makes me wonder if that's what Gamestop will give. I know that Gamestop bought out EB Games (here in NY at least) so I wonder if that's what I'll get when I pick it up. Have we confirmed what Gamestop's bonus is yet? I know TRU gets Wall Clings. But has Gamestop been confirmed to get them too or no? Sorry if they has been answered already.

If you preorder your game at JB Hifi (Australia) they will give you a free Nintendo DS case with Reshiram or Zekrom on it.

So pissed about this...pre-ordered at EB then the enxt day, they anounced the freebies..

thinking I might pre-order a 3DS there though

Didn't get a pre-order bonus with my game, which i picked up today..
don't really care anyhow.. i just want the game :p

Seems that my local Wallyworld has a DS accessories set, a bit like EB only the styluses are Zekrom and Reshiram.

Actually I just read on Pokebeach that if you go to Toys R Us on Sunday only to buy Black or White, you get this awesome kit for free with the game. (It's otherwise $12) That's the accessory set you meant, right?

Oh and this is a list of all the pre-order and other deals for B&W at other stores. (idk if this has been posted already.)

That EB Games Exclusive kit makes me wonder if that's what Gamestop will give. I know that Gamestop bought out EB Games (here in NY at least) so I wonder if that's what I'll get when I pick it up. Have we confirmed what Gamestop's bonus is yet? I know TRU gets Wall Clings. But has Gamestop been confirmed to get them too or no? Sorry if they has been answered already.

It looks like gamestop doesn't have any sort of bonus this time around

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom