• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

pre-split pokemon changes?

Fast_shoesXx

resU deretsigeR
Reaction score
What up-

With the upcoming HG/SS games, we finally get the chance to use many forgotten pokemon from the first two generations. These pokemon were, more or less, forgotten for one reason: stats.

Until the release of D/P/Pl, pokemon moves did not operate under the physical or special categories. I'm sure this had influence on the stat distribution of many pokemon, specifically dual types like vileplume and quagsire. To make certain pokemon useable in both of their types, attack and special attack were somewhat evened out (jack of all trades, master of none?). The result... a load of UU and NU pokemon.

Many pokemon were also flat out created with below-average stats regardless.

Do you think there are instances where stats should be reconsidered for certain pokemon? what would you change. why? think fair

*and hey, don't come out and say you want another 50 stat points on because you like the pokemon. im thinking a more fair distribution of the existing stat total. can't hurt to discuss

With the way EV training is now, I'd say any pokemon is open for being good. Of course, there is always some pokemon that has a lot higher stats than others, but that's won't change. So, I don't anticipate any stat changes. After all, nothing happened really to the Gen II pokemon as of Gen IV. Or did you forget they were in there?

I don't see it happen. Although I would like it. It could make vileplume better ^^ But for now the only improvement UU pokémon can get are new abilities/ moves. (example, we give aggron an ability "peacful warrior" which makes him that no fighting moves can be used on or by him, and we give him a first priority magnet rise. he now hasn't have any 4x weaknesses [if played right]. He'll be OU in no time).

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom