• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Predict Ash's Shinou team

Misty

I'm the TRASH MAN! I eat GAHBAGE!
Reaction score
For the unaware, here are the potential candidates:

http://atlasstudios.org/pkmndp/

For now, we know he has Pikachu, Aipom, Mukkuru, and he's certain to get Naetle. That leaves two open slots. The only problem is, looking through the list of DP Pokemon, I can't specifically pick out any Pokemon that I could see as Ash's - my top candidates are Bouysel/Floatsel, either of the dinosaurs, or Lucario (lol 9th movie reference). It also calls into question the potential lack of a fire Pokemon, seeing as he probably won't get the legendary Hiidoran, nor the starter Hikozaru - maybe he'll get the Magmar evo? Hard to say.

Opinions? X)

I think it's safe to say that Ash's main team will be composed of Pikachu and five other Shinoru Pokémon that fit his old teams. He always had a fire type, water type, grass type, the starter flying Pokémon, and a grab-bag Pokémon.

Kanto - Pikachu, Charizard, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Pidgeotto, Klinger
Johto - Pikachu, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Bayleef, Noctowl, Heracross/Phanpy
Houen - Pikachu, Torkoal, Corphish, Sceptile, Swellow, Glalie

Now we know he has the starting flying type, he's going to get the grass starter Pokémon for his grass type (since Hiraki has the water and Shinji has the fire), and Aipom is his grab-bag...

Aipom's evolution will make it Shinoru-style. My guess for the other two will be the fire-type is Magby that evolves eventually into Magmar's final stage, and the water type will be the sea otter Pokémon.

Pikachu, Eteboss, Toritodon or Flowsel, Hayashigame (don't think it'll go all the way this season), Mukuhawk, and Booburn. Maybe a Ground or Bug somewhere in there, too.

A better question is: what will Hikari's team be? And will Brock finally get a #$*#$ Fossil Pokemon?

Hikari- Pottaishi, Korotokku, Bunyatto (follow mom, but with sexy evo), Fuwante.

I have a feeling she'll get Mimiroru eventually, but that's the only Pokemon that gives off the vibe of "Shoujo main character needs this" like Skitty did. Let us hope it never evolves if it does go down.

Perap might be interesting for her. Nothing else that's new really strikes me. It's harder to predict a Coordinator's teams because they don't really have to plan by type or anything.

Well, Pikachu, Eteboss, Naetle and Mukkul (or evolutions of the latter two) are a given. Buoysel/Floatsel, since he needs a water type, and the writers don't like giving him water pokemon incapable of walking. And finally, Booburn, because that's the only non-starter Fire pokemon.

There's really not that much room for debate here, this is the group that makes most sense.

Buoysel/Floatsel, since he needs a water type, and the writers don't like giving him water pokemon incapable of walking

The sea slug is still a possibility though, since it looks like it could walk, or at least crawl on land.

A better question is: what will Hikari's team be? And will Brock finally get a #$*#$ Fossil Pokemon?

I'm also curious about the first one, and have my fingers permanently crossed for the second. Brock with any fossil Pokémon would pwn, and this would be such a great chance to make the anime Brock and the game Brock more alike.

If a main character gets Korobooshi, I will SCREAM WITH HAPPINESS!

Might as well give it to Brock, since his Pokemon do so little it wouldn't matter if one he had only knew two attacks. :p

Who else here can see Hikari having an all-female evo exculsive team? Like muchimadam, beequeen, the yukionna thing, etc.

Hmm...maybe he could get Fuk-a-Maru?

I could see that...and he could then evolve it into Gropedo!

You never know. Sceptile wasn't all that good looking in the artwork or the games but the anime did it justice.

Pikachu
Grass Starter
Mukkuru
Buoysel(sp?)
Magby?
Aipom (but will be Oaked after evolving to make room for token sixth Pokemon).

I really hope they mix it up and don't give him Fire or Water.

He should get another bug (Korobooshi or Minomucchi (go to Garmeil)) and Rioru, as him and Lucario makes SO much sense.

The only prediction I'm willing to make is that Ash will Oak Mukkuru and Aipom (after it evolves) later on to make room for new Pokemon. I think his catching two shinou pokemon within the first 5 episodes AND having an old Pokemon that evolves into a Shinou pokemon is hinting at more captures overall, which means more rotation of the party.

Other than that I can't really think of any pokemon that look like essential captures for Ash at the moment. Honestly, I have to say that a lot of the new Shinou Pokemon are very ugly and none look like the kind of Pokemon we've normally seen on his team.

Why would he Oak his new flying type? How does that make sense when the writers always use it to scout from the skies and pop TR's balloon at the least? Besides, it has two evo's to go through and Ash's birds ALWAYS reach their final forms.

He caught Taillow in AG4 and Pidgeotto in the third episode, what's the difference? Mukkruru is probably going to stay until the end, you make it sound as if it's a pointless capture. They always give him a flyer for a reason, not to have it ditched.

Aipom is probably going to be around for a long time as well at least.

Also, I hope to God that Ash doesn't get the Magmar evo, it's ugly as sin :(

Well then, just Magby or better yet Magmar would make me the happiest Pokéfan on the planet. ;)

Say, are there any pictures of decent size of Magmar's evolution? I cannot find any good ones, and I really want to know if they did my favorite Pokémon justice.

One of the things about AG that's problably going to continue here is that Ash didn't have to Oak any of his Hoenn captures to showcase new Pokemon. Because the writers had another character to work with - May. So Ash was able to have a team of cool/strong Pokemon while May got the cute Pokemon that rarely evolved (come to think of it, none of her Pokemon evolved except for Beautifly and Blaziken). Prolly what'll happen here again, only with Hikari.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom