• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Predict Ash's Shinou team

Why would he Oak his new flying type? How does that make sense when the writers always use it to scout from the skies and pop TR's balloon at the least? Besides, it has two evo's to go through and Ash's birds ALWAYS reach their final forms.

Since he caught it first, and caught it so early, I was thinking it could be the Hoenn equivalent of Heracross. We know he won't Oak Pikachu or Naetle (since it's the starter) and I think giving him only 4 captures for the entire Shinou region would be dissapointing (although I guess it's possible) so he's going to have to Oak something. Aipom is the most likely pokemon to be Oaked, but after him I'd guess Mukuru. It would be nice if Ash caught a lot of Pokemon and rotated them, with only Pikachu and Naetle being truly permanent.

Since he caught it first, and caught it so early, I was thinking it could be the Hoenn equivalent of Heracross. We know he won't Oak Pikachu or Naetle (since it's the starter) and I think giving him only 4 captures for the entire Shinou region would be dissapointing (although I guess it's possible) so he's going to have to Oak something. Aipom is the most likely pokemon to be Oaked, but after him I'd guess Mukuru. It would be nice if Ash caught a lot of Pokemon and rotated them, with only Pikachu and Naetle being truly permanent.

If you're looking for the D/P version of Heracross, you'd have a better bet with Aipom after it evolves.

His flyer is there for purposes outside of battle as well, it'll stay till the end of the region. (Or if Swellow is any indication, for all of D/P)

If you're looking for the D/P version of Heracross, you'd have a better bet with Aipom after it evolves.

Not to sound bitter (that's a lie, this is to sound bitter), but a D/P version of Heracross to me would be "one of my favorite Pokémon from that generation is caught by Ash and barely used by him at all because the starter Pokémon and Pikachu hog the limelight and battles."

Pikachu, Eteboss, Naetle, Mukkuhawk, Erureido, and (I'll be a rebel with this last one) PorygonZ.

I'm absolutely positive Brock will end up with Doseidon.

Nah, Ash'll never get a Psychic Pokemon because the writers always depict them as overpowered - which they were in Gen I, to be fair.

And usually requiring a highly intelligent trainer. Snerk.

Granted they weren't a psychic types but Psyduck and Dustox can use psychic attacks despite having Misty and Jessie as their trainers.

Psyduck is overpowered in psychic mode. That's why the writers gave it the headache limitation.

Thus the limitations. It's usually the luck of a plot device rather than any thought on Misty's part that unlocks the deux ex machina.

As of now, Ash has never officially had a Rock, Psychic, Dark, Steel, Dragon, or Ghost Pokémon. (Larvitar and Haunter do not count.) He has also never owned a secondary Electric Pokémon, even though he has had several Flying, Bug, Normal and Water Pokémon.

There's no harm in any of these. Rock seems fine, since Brock no longer seems to be only into Rock Pokémon; Psychic types are vulnerable as May has beaten several; Dark and Ghost should not be considered too 'wicked' for our hero; Steel would be excellent; and Dragon... well hey, he had Charizard, why not a real dragon? :)

I want Ash to get a Rhyhorn. (It obviously won't happen in Shinou but it could be the exception that Aipom was until its evolution was revealed.)

Another electric for Ash is always going to be out of the question though the writers could at least give one to Hikari.

No it wouldn't. I'm sick of Pikachu clones. But its true, the prescence of Pikachu has stolen potential spotlight in the main character's parties for too long - poor Mareep, Electrike and company.

Hikari and Kolink would be super, though.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom