• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preferred Trainer/Starter Pairings (Part 11: Barry)

Who do you see Barry with?

• Turtwig

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Piplup

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters
While I can see Chimchar's speedy nature being a compliment to Barry's hasty nature, I can only see him with Piplup, mainly thanks to the anime and my own Platinum runs. So, I picked Piplup.

Hands down Chimchar. Both are quick, hasty, and fiery due to his enthusiasm. I can see Barry totally getting along with a Pokémon that matches his tempo, I suppose. Hence, I voted for Chimchar.

I always liked the irony of slow, easygoing Turtwig having to keep up with Barry's hyperactivity, and yet them still managing to make it work somehow.

Barry- I mean... Pearl started off with a Chimchar in Pokemon Adventures. Also, Dawn- I mean, Platinum in almost every single iteration yet, has started with a Piplup, leaving Lucas/Diamond with a Turtwig. And not only that, but it says that the starter that Barry starts off with has a type advantage compared to Lucas' starter, and since Dawn and her Piplup are out of the question means that Barry/Pearl has the preferred starter of Chimchar!

...I rest my case.

Masters has Barry with a Piplup. Tbh I was skeptical of it, but kind of like it now because it gives him a reason to see Crasher Wake as his master, with it being water type and all.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom