• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Preferred Trainer/Starter Pairings (Part 2: Blue Oak)

Who do you see Blue Oak with?

• Bulbasaur

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Charmander

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters

Nicolas721

Reaction score
Blastoise fits with my Red's Charizard headcanon, kinda looks like a cartoon villain and matches is original look, so it's a no brainer. Charizard is not a bad idea though as sometimes you expect the rival to have the sleek but powerful one.

ItalianBaptist

Informed Casual
Reaction score
Oh, Murica. Gamefreak just had to cater to you and change things from Red/Green to Red/Blue, overcomplicating things for 20 freakin years ;)

I do think Blastoise goes better with Blue no matter what his name is. Charizard just fits with Red so well and picking the starter that’s strong against his, in typical butthole fashion, is more faithful to the games.

Esserise

Her Wraith
Reaction score
Blue is stuck up and thinks he's the hottest shit in town. I don't think he could resist Charizard's overtly strong/cool appearance. I also imagine that the Charmander line is probably the most difficult to raise out of the three Kanto Starters, so Blue being able to tame a Charizard would surely boost his ego.

Sakuraa

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
Squirtle, mainly because of the anime and several other animations where he's had Blastoise.