• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preferred Trainer/Starter Pairings (Part 2: Blue Oak)

Who do you see Blue Oak with?

• Bulbasaur

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Charmander

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 13 65.0%

• Total voters
Blastoise fits with my Red's Charizard headcanon, kinda looks like a cartoon villain and matches is original look, so it's a no brainer. Charizard is not a bad idea though as sometimes you expect the rival to have the sleek but powerful one.

Oh, Murica. Gamefreak just had to cater to you and change things from Red/Green to Red/Blue, overcomplicating things for 20 freakin years ;)

I do think Blastoise goes better with Blue no matter what his name is. Charizard just fits with Red so well and picking the starter that’s strong against his, in typical butthole fashion, is more faithful to the games.

Blue is stuck up and thinks he's the hottest shit in town. I don't think he could resist Charizard's overtly strong/cool appearance. I also imagine that the Charmander line is probably the most difficult to raise out of the three Kanto Starters, so Blue being able to tame a Charizard would surely boost his ego.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom