• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Preferred Trainer/Starter Pairings (Part 4: Ethan)

Who do you see Ethan with?

• Chikorita

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • Totodile

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
Eggseggs Eggseggs
Reaction score
From Legend of Thunder to most fan art and animations (like Golder) Gold just gets depicted with Typhlosion too much for me too not think of it as his main partner.

Reaction score
It depends on what personality you want to insert on him. If you see it as the typical hot-blooded shonen protagonist, Typhlosion fits him like a glove. But if you imagine it with a more calm and passive acctitude I think he has good chemistry with Meganium.

"Stop winning!" "Make me!"
Reaction score
I'm going with Cyndaquill, mostly because Silver feels like a Totodile kind of guy to me and I don't like Chikorita,

RK9

Gen V was the peak.
Reaction score
Yeah, he is depicted with Cyndaquil so much in all medias, it feels weird not to go there.

Besides, I can only see Silver with Totodile, so it would make no sense if I picked Chikorita for him.

"Stop winning!" "Make me!"
Reaction score
Which therefor leaves Kris and/or Lyra (whoever you prefer) with Chikorita.

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Most forms of media gives him Cyndaquil, and I can only see Silver as a Totodile guy, so my vote goes to Cyndaquil.

debates about Rugrats canon
Reaction score
I think of Ethan as being serious when he needs to be, but more relaxed and willing to enjoy himself than Red, and very physically active. Totodile feels like a good fit to me, and I like imagining it playing with Lyra's Marill.

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
He's predominately shown with Cyndaquil so I can't imagine him having anything else, honestly.