• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.
  • Please remember to keep spoilers about the new Pokemon games in their respective sections here and here.

Preferred Trainer/Starter Pairings (Part 4: Ethan)

Who do you see Ethan with?

• Chikorita

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Totodile

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
Eggseggs Eggseggs
Reaction score
From Legend of Thunder to most fan art and animations (like Golder) Gold just gets depicted with Typhlosion too much for me too not think of it as his main partner.

Reaction score
It depends on what personality you want to insert on him. If you see it as the typical hot-blooded shonen protagonist, Typhlosion fits him like a glove. But if you imagine it with a more calm and passive acctitude I think he has good chemistry with Meganium.

Son of Aphrodite(?)
Reaction score
I'm going with Cyndaquill, mostly because Silver feels like a Totodile kind of guy to me and I don't like Chikorita,

RK9

Gen V was the peak.
Reaction score
Yeah, he is depicted with Cyndaquil so much in all medias, it feels weird not to go there.

Besides, I can only see Silver with Totodile, so it would make no sense if I picked Chikorita for him.

Son of Aphrodite(?)
Reaction score
Which therefor leaves Kris and/or Lyra (whoever you prefer) with Chikorita.

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Most forms of media gives him Cyndaquil, and I can only see Silver as a Totodile guy, so my vote goes to Cyndaquil.

A Solidly Ossified Braincase
Reaction score
I think of Ethan as being serious when he needs to be, but more relaxed and willing to enjoy himself than Red, and very physically active. Totodile feels like a good fit to me, and I like imagining it playing with Lyra's Marill.

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
He's predominately shown with Cyndaquil so I can't imagine him having anything else, honestly.