• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Preferred Trainer/Starter Pairings (Part 4: Ethan)

Who do you see Ethan with?

• Chikorita

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • Totodile

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

Eggseggseggseggs

Eggseggs Eggseggs
Reaction score
From Legend of Thunder to most fan art and animations (like Golder) Gold just gets depicted with Typhlosion too much for me too not think of it as his main partner.

Nicolas721

Reaction score
It depends on what personality you want to insert on him. If you see it as the typical hot-blooded shonen protagonist, Typhlosion fits him like a glove. But if you imagine it with a more calm and passive acctitude I think he has good chemistry with Meganium.

BackSet

RIP BrawlBRSTMs3
Reaction score
I'm going with Cyndaquill, mostly because Silver feels like a Totodile kind of guy to me and I don't like Chikorita,

RK9

Gen V was the peak.
Reaction score
Yeah, he is depicted with Cyndaquil so much in all medias, it feels weird not to go there.

Besides, I can only see Silver with Totodile, so it would make no sense if I picked Chikorita for him.

BackSet

RIP BrawlBRSTMs3
Reaction score
Which therefor leaves Kris and/or Lyra (whoever you prefer) with Chikorita.

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Most forms of media gives him Cyndaquil, and I can only see Silver as a Totodile guy, so my vote goes to Cyndaquil.

Esserise

Her Wraith
Reaction score
I think of Ethan as being serious when he needs to be, but more relaxed and willing to enjoy himself than Red, and very physically active. Totodile feels like a good fit to me, and I like imagining it playing with Lyra's Marill.

Sakuraa

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
He's predominately shown with Cyndaquil so I can't imagine him having anything else, honestly.