• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Preferred Trainer/Starter Pairings (Part 5: Kris/Lyra)

Who do you see Kris/Lyra with?

• Chikorita

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Totodile

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

Psytrainer

The Azure Mystic
Reaction score
Last edited:

Silktree

Unown Seer
Reaction score
Chikorita for Kris and Marill for Lyra.

Nicolas721

Reaction score
Totodile for Kris. Even after reading some of the manga, I don't think she and Chikorita have much in common outside the "girliness". Her teal/blue hair and her white clothes look good when paired with the croc, and "crystals" are more or less associated with water. Maybe that breaks the "Gold's Typhlosion vs Silver's Feraligatr" dynamic, but we don't even know if Kris and Gold even exist in the same gameverse.

For Lyra, Meganium is fine, it fits her farm aesthetic, but Feraligatr has similar colors to hers too.

lapisora

この銀河へようこそ!
Reaction score
...Lyra has a farm aesthetic...? I feel like she is a bit too fashionable for that...

Well, I would give Lyra Chikorita and Kris Totodile, but I picked Chikorita overall.

RK9

Gen V was the peak.
Reaction score
I'd say Chikorita for both, actually...

So with that, I go Marill for Lyra and Chikorita with Krys.

Esserise

Her Wraith
Reaction score
Cyndaquil for Kris. Lyra can keep her Marill.

I always put Silver with Chikorita, so that's ruled out, and I think of Kris as kind of going about on her own journey, separate from Ethan and Lyra. I like the image of Totodile and Marill getting along and playing together, because they're both Water-types. So process of elimination gives Cyndaquil to Kris which, although I can't really explain why, feels fitting to me. Maybe part of it is that she's destined to catch Suicune, so I feel like she already has her Water-type covered.

Sakuraa

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
Chikorita because it's the feminine looking one.