• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preferred Trainer/Starter Pairings (Part 5: Kris/Lyra)

Who do you see Kris/Lyra with?

• Chikorita

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Totodile

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

Psytrainer

The Azure Mystic
Reaction score
Last edited:
Totodile for Kris. Even after reading some of the manga, I don't think she and Chikorita have much in common outside the "girliness". Her teal/blue hair and her white clothes look good when paired with the croc, and "crystals" are more or less associated with water. Maybe that breaks the "Gold's Typhlosion vs Silver's Feraligatr" dynamic, but we don't even know if Kris and Gold even exist in the same gameverse.

For Lyra, Meganium is fine, it fits her farm aesthetic, but Feraligatr has similar colors to hers too.

...Lyra has a farm aesthetic...? I feel like she is a bit too fashionable for that...

Well, I would give Lyra Chikorita and Kris Totodile, but I picked Chikorita overall.

I'd say Chikorita for both, actually...

So with that, I go Marill for Lyra and Chikorita with Krys.

Cyndaquil for Kris. Lyra can keep her Marill.

I always put Silver with Chikorita, so that's ruled out, and I think of Kris as kind of going about on her own journey, separate from Ethan and Lyra. I like the image of Totodile and Marill getting along and playing together, because they're both Water-types. So process of elimination gives Cyndaquil to Kris which, although I can't really explain why, feels fitting to me. Maybe part of it is that she's destined to catch Suicune, so I feel like she already has her Water-type covered.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom