• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Preferred Trainer/Starter Pairings (Part 6: Silver)

Who do you see Silver with?

• Chikorita

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Totodile

Votes: 19 90.5%

• Total voters

Weiss

Cold As Ice
Reaction score
Agree I went with Cindy my first Gold playthrough it cemented Totodile as my rivals headcanon starter.

Parissong

the bells of joy are ringing
Reaction score
Roughie and Toughie on the outside, but Softie on the inside.

Totodile no question

Esserise

Her Wraith
Reaction score
Chikorita.

I think it rather fits his arc - Chikorita is certainly not the most powerful of the Johto Starters, and Silver needs to learn that not everything comes down to power and brute force. So it would make sense why Chikorita wasn't working out for his "Power! Power!" approach for most of the main story, with Chikorita's more defensive style being something that he becomes adept at managing after finally reflecting upon his values.

I also like how their colors mesh: