• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

Preferred Trainer/Starter Pairings (Part 8: May)

Who do you see May with?

• Treecko

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Torchic

Votes: 15 83.3%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

Parissong

the bells of joy are ringing
Reaction score
Vote: Torchic

Not saying that the other two starters aren't cute, but IIRC the female player character (May) is usually always seen with Torchic in games, as well as May in the anime. At this point, it just feels natural for me to pick Torchic in this regard.

RK9

Gen V was the peak.
Reaction score
Torchic.

The May and Torchic promotion is everywhere, so.

prog rocker

Reaction score
Torchic. I have not seen her with any other starter.

Esserise

Her Wraith
Reaction score
Torchic does feel right for May.

I put Treecko with Brendan, so that leaves Mudkip unclaimed. I like to assume that Professor Birch (her father; I do think of Brendan as the son of Norman/main character of the Hoenn story) takes it up as his own after the other two have been chosen. He's always going out and doing fieldwork, so he'd need some protection, and having a Pokémon that can breathe underwater would be pretty useful for investigating Hoenn's numerous marine environments.

Sakuraa

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
Torchic due to the anime and Pokemon Adventures manga.

Tothenines

Reaction score
Uh, are you guys forgetting official merch shows her with Mudkip?

Also that 2 minute ORAS short had her with both Mudkip and Torchic.