• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preferred Trainer/Starter Pairings (Part 8: May)

Who do you see May with?

• Treecko

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Torchic

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
Vote: Torchic

Not saying that the other two starters aren't cute, but IIRC the female player character (May) is usually always seen with Torchic in games, as well as May in the anime. At this point, it just feels natural for me to pick Torchic in this regard.

Torchic.

The May and Torchic promotion is everywhere, so.

Torchic does feel right for May.

I put Treecko with Brendan, so that leaves Mudkip unclaimed. I like to assume that Professor Birch (her father; I do think of Brendan as the son of Norman/main character of the Hoenn story) takes it up as his own after the other two have been chosen. He's always going out and doing fieldwork, so he'd need some protection, and having a Pokémon that can breathe underwater would be pretty useful for investigating Hoenn's numerous marine environments.

Uh, are you guys forgetting official merch shows her with Mudkip?

51TJqgk9rEL._SY679_.jpg

Also that 2 minute ORAS short had her with both Mudkip and Torchic.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom