• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

Preferred Trainer/Starter Pairings (Part 9: Lucas)

Who do you see Lucas with?

• Turtwig

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Piplup

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Parissong

the bells of joy are ringing
Reaction score
Lucas feels like someone so new and curious to the world of Pokémon, and takes a very wanderlust-esque view onto his journey. But even with that, he is still calm and is still shy to move forward sometimes. That's why I think Turtwig is perfect for him. Turtwig is playful and outgoing, but also has his moments when to retreat or withdraw into his own comfort zone. I think they'd complement each other well!

FlashFire926

Reaction score
Piplup is out of the equation since that is Dawn's, imo.

And Barry seems like he fit best best Chimchar, so I guess I vote Turtwig then.

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Turtwig. For the most part, Lucas tends to end up with Turtwig in most media (Adventures, for example), and it seems to complement his adventurous-yet-gentle nature. While I can only really see Barry with Piplup (the anime helped there, along with most of my Platinum runs), Chimchar does fit his impatient nature, too, and Dawn tends to do well with Piplup. Plus Torterra is my favorite of the trio, so I like seeing him in action. So, my vote goes to Turtwig.

Esserise

Her Wraith
Reaction score
I always kinda saw Lucas as a bit stereotypically boyish in his interests, so I could see Chimchar appealing to him. Moreover, since I usually imagine Barry with Turtwig and Dawn with Piplup, Chimchar just sort of falls to Lucas by default.

Sakuraa

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
Turtwig because of Pokemon Adventures.