• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Prehistoric Creatures

I’ve seen some pretty neat depictions of prehistoric life before, in books or on shows like the “Walking With Dinosaurs/Monsters/Beasts” series. Some cool invertebrates that left an impression on me include the “sea scorpion” Pterygotus, Anomalocaris (the ancient creature that inspired Anorith), Ammonite (whose Pokémon incarnation is a bit more obvious), and the giant millipede Arthropleura. As for Mesozoic reptilian life, some of my favorites aren’t even actual dinosaurs, like Liopleurodon and Quetzalcoatlus (a marine reptile and pterosaur, respectively). I do appreciate dinosaurs, however, like Archeopteryx as well as immense sauropods. There’s also the big-headed, amphibious Koolasuchus, and the extinct fish Dunkleosteus with a creepy-looking jaw structure to go with its snappy name.

Ceratosaurus is my favorite dinosaur. I like theropods that we are relatively certain didn't have feathers such as Ceratosaurus, Allosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, and Giganotosaurtus.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom