• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preordering the Japan games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect, if they are going to start shipping them today (Which is now unlikely), that it will happen in about an hour. Pretty much all of the pre-orders changed to either Order Received, or Preparing Order at Midnight yesterday in Hong Kong, and we're about an hour away from Midnight now.

*Crosses fingers*

I had posted on Play-Asia's facebook page and this was their response:

"Scott, we expect to ship the vast majority of our preorders on Saturday. Just as with previous Pokemon releases, we are not getting our first delivery before the official release date, which is Saturday."

DAMMIT! I was all hyped for nothing since they already charged me. They have never charged several days before release before.

WHAT!?!?! :dumb::eek:hdear::eek:hdear:

But you know, it may all be for legal reasons... (the bolded part that is)

Well I'm pretty sure that if Nintendo didn't want importers to have the game yet that would be the reason. I mean Play-Asia has to purchase it from Nintendo after all in the first place...

Nintendo knows we are importing. But yeah I wouldn't want to see Play-Asia go the way of Lik-Sang...>_>;

Dammit I was looking forward to playing it all weekend. Now it's not gonna come until next week while I'm working. >_<;

I had posted on Play-Asia's facebook page and this was their response:

"Scott, we expect to ship the vast majority of our preorders on Saturday. Just as with previous Pokemon releases, we are not getting our first delivery before the official release date, which is Saturday."

DAMMIT! I was all hyped for nothing since they already charged me. They have never charged several days before release before.
This made me a sad Panda :( Ah well then I guess I just wait until Monday to get my Pokemon White. That is another few days though that I'll have to resist from checking Serebii every second of every day.

That will be hard.

What's ironic is that Play-asia already charged us! Which shouldn't be the case, especially that we ourselves are so giddy and excited playing the game itself.

What's ironic is that Play-asia already charged us! Which shouldn't be the case, especially that we ourselves are so giddy and excited playing the game itself.

You'd have to be charged before they were sent out anyway. That's what a pre-order is.

You'd have to be charged before they were sent out anyway. That's what a pre-order is.

But shouldn't they only charge us when they're about to ship the games? Not around 48 - 72 hours still? :eh:

But shouldn't they only charge us when they're about to ship the games? Not around 48 - 72 hours still? :eh:

No, because you pre-ordered. That way when they are ready to ship you don't have to wait.

They only bill you early if you use paypal for your preorder. When it ships, they bill you if you use credit card.

Well... Looks like Im going to have to get another card I can't find my other one I'll have to bribe my parents to get me another $100 card. I don't know why they'd wait and tell me now that the card wasn't working seriously they shouldve told me earlier

No, because you pre-ordered. That way when they are ready to ship you don't have to wait.

Also they charge you 2-3 days early to make sure that your credit card hasn't been cancelled cause its more work for them to package up your product then ship and charge you just to find out the credit card doesn't exist anymore or has met is credit limit.

Also about how long is it taking for everyones order on play-asia to turn from preparing-order to order received?

Preparing order is actually after order recieved because order recieved is before they try your card...like my bank froze the charge (since its overseas) and this was a day after i had the recieved status (its all supposedly fixed now though so im crossing my fingers for my game soon) but i have to wait until late tonight to make sure my card doesnt get stopped again (as mine now is under the status of Waiting for Payment)

Why do people say they will not work on a Dsi? I have bought japanese games that work on dsi

The games you bought were probably not DSi-enhanced. The only games that are region locked on the DSi are DSi-enhanced games. For example, a Japanese Pearl will work on a US DSi. However, since Black and White are DSi-enhanced, they are region locked and thus only work on DS Lites and DS Phats.

Why do people say they will not work on a Dsi? I have bought japanese games that work on dsi

There are special features you can only use if you have a DSi, but they won't activate unless the game and DSi are from the same region. Playing it on a non-Japanese DSi is the same as playing it on a normal DS.

There are special features you can only use if you have a DSi, but they won't activate unless the game and DSi are from the same region. Playing it on a non-Japanese DSi is the same as playing it on a normal DS.

That's a relief. I thought that you wouldn't be able to play the games at ALL on a non-Japanese DSi.

Ugh wow My parents are being idiots and they refuse to get another card they say it's a scam because it says.Payment confirmed Waiting for credit. So I guess I might not end up getting the game unless I can convince them some more it's not a scam I mean I got my Soul Silver from Play Asia easily I don't know why they'd think its a scam. Anyway is anyone's status order shipped yet? And what does Payment confirmed. Waiting for credit. Exactly mean what are you supposed to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom