• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preordering the Japan games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check for an email from them, it might need to have a manual verification of the card. The website says that they sometimes need a manual verification.

Sorry to just 'jump' into the thread and ask worn out questions, but I'm wanting to make sure of a few things:

1. A Japanese version of Black or White will play on an American DS Lite, but not an American DSi, am I correct?

2. How much would it approximately cost with shipping, customs, game, everything?

nope. I think the only people that have them are the ones in Japan that got them from Amazon.com Japan
Im hoping for them to ship it tomorrow

Me too. The earlier I get the game, the easier it'll be to resist the spoilers.

It seems that shipments for Play-Asia won't happen till Saturday Hong Kong time I'm afraid. That means most likely late Friday for some of us. Although I could be wrong.

*Prays to Arceus that I'm wrong*

1. That is correct
2. Mine was 70.69 with standard air bubble shipping

Sorry to just 'jump' into the thread and ask worn out questions, but I'm wanting to make sure of a few things:

1. A Japanese version of Black or White will play on an American DS Lite, but not an American DSi, am I correct?

2. How much would it approximately cost with shipping, customs, game, everything?

1. yes

2. It depends what country you live in what shipping you choose. Right now the game is about 65 US dollars on Play-Asia, and depending on the shipping option can be more. Customs varies from country to country, and couriers like Fed Ex are gonna charge money to deliver. If you dont want to pay much id suggest Air mail or something, but it'll come later

1. Good, I thought I was correct. :p

2. Ohh, sort of expensive. But I'd be willing to pay that much.

Now wait why are some saying a jpn game will play on usa dsi but some say not.

People have said this millions of times, but let me reiterate. Japanese Games will play on Nintendo DSi. Japanese games with DSi enhancement (Which include Pokemon Black and White) will not, and are region locked. If you ordered Japanese Black and White you will need a Nintendo DS classic, Lite, or Phat.

1. Good, I thought I was correct. :p

2. Ohh, sort of expensive. But I'd be willing to pay that much.

Judging from your location, I assume you live in the US, yes? You might not need to pay a customs fee, then. There IS a customs fee in the US, but I don't know how much a package has to be for it to be applied. I've imported stuff for years and I have never had to pay a customs fee as of yet. But to be safe, I'm going to keep $50 to make sure I do get it when it arrives. But as I said, you probably don't need to worry too much about it.

Well when it's Friday here, it's Saturday there. But yeah, they aren't shipping it out until Saturday unfortunately. I was looking forward to playing it all weekend. Now it's gonna come when I'm at work FML.

If you don't live in a city, then go for Play-Asia, if you live near or in a city with a Chinatown, chances are, you can get it as earl as tomorrow morning -No shipping and handling, yay!- I was upset that my local import game store didn't have it yet, but, I'm getting mine tomorrow afternoon.

As for the Japanese issue, I heard that you could turn Kanji off, is it true? I mean, I have my dictionary, so, if I don't know something I can find it, but, I'm more comfortable with kana. T^T -sleeps with a Japanese grammar.-

Chinatown? Tomorrow? Really? I kind of doubt it. But who knows, I'm sure the Chinatown in NYC might have something there. The only import gamestore nearby me isn't a retail store, but they get imports and ship them out... However, they don't usually get the game until a few days later. I'm not going to cancel my pre-order either way, though. But it's cool that whatever store near you has it! You better post pictures!

And, yes, it was confirmed that you could toggle the kanji. So you'll be just fine.

Last edited:
Chinatown? Tomorrow? Really? I kind of doubt it. But who knows, I'm sure the Chinatown in NYC might have something there. The only import gamestore nearby me isn't a retail store, but they get imports and ship them out... However, they don't usually get the game until a few days later. I'm not going to cancel my pre-order either way, though. But it's cool that whatever store near you has it! You better post pictures!

And, yes, it was confirmed that you could toggle the kanji. So you'll be just fine.

The store I go to is really good about that, I trust them when they say they got it. I got my Japanese SoulSilver there, about a week(3/4 days) before it's actual release.

And that's good, I like kana, they're so much easier. T^T I'll see what I can do about the pics, maybe put up a couple youtube vids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom