• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preordering the Japan games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember back when DP were coming out I told myself that by the time the next generation games rolled out, I'd have tried to learn at least some basic Japanese, and get a Japanese version of one of the games.

Not happening.

I wanna know how much customs I'm going to have to pay...we get charged for any order over £18, and it cost me £60 to pre-order White xD

Since they're an Asian company, you could probably request them to declare the games for £20 or something. I import toys and mangas from Japan from time to time and always ask them to declare the value of the package as a low amount so I don't have to pay as much custom fees/tax.

I find many Asian import companies to be really accommadating and a lot more lenient.

I remember back when DP were coming out I told myself that by the time the next generation games rolled out, I'd have tried to learn at least some basic Japanese, and get a Japanese version of one of the games.

Not happening.
Same here. When these games were first announced, I was planning on trying to try and learn some basic Japanese over the summer and import one of them when they came out. I imported Platinum and Heart Gold just fine without any Japanese knowledge, but B/W are going to have a story and such that are new to me, so I wanted to learn Japanese to help me understand what was going on. But, it doesn't seem it's going to happen, nor am I going to import it this time (just too expensive, and I can't even get Club Nintendo points from them or anything, so I'd really rather just wait, and kind of wish I had done so with Platinum and HG, thinking about it).

im gonna try to use the game to learn some japanese., althought im not taking much from my japan colusseum which im playing though now, i

I played Japanese Colosseum! Ahhh the memories/challenges lol
Do you have the celebi bonus disc?

Since they're an Asian company, you could probably request them to declare the games for £20 or something. I import toys and mangas from Japan from time to time and always ask them to declare the value of the package as a low amount so I don't have to pay as much custom fees/tax.

I find many Asian import companies to be really accommadating and a lot more lenient.
But that's not very honest is it?
As long as the customs fees don't end up being more than the item itself, I'll be fine paying them...it's happened before...

I played Japanese Colosseum! Ahhh the memories/challenges lol
Do you have the celebi bonus disc?
I do have the Celebi disk i bought it off Ebay for $99, but it was going at other ebay auctions some had it listed for $500, but if you look around you can get it cheaper. Ihave the Jirachi disk and English Colosseum as well, all from Ebay for fairly reasonable prices. if you have the patience and keep checking you can get great deals fom there, i would highly suggest Ebay if you want that stuff. I havent used the Celebi disk yet cause I havent purified all the Pokemon yet, but ive caught like 28 shadow Pokemon, and purified 14, but im gonna use it definately, and maybe clone some, cause Celebi is my favorite Pokemon, and i dont know if ts true that you can only get shiny Celebi legit this way( or Jirachi for america). but yeah.

I do have the Celebi disk i bought it off Ebay for $99, but it was going at other ebay auctions some had it listed for $500, but if you look around you can get it cheaper. Ihave the Jirachi disk and English Colosseum as well, all from Ebay for fairly reasonable prices. if you have the patience and keep checking you can get great deals fom there, i would highly suggest Ebay if you want that stuff. I havent used the Celebi disk yet cause I havent purified all the Pokemon yet, but ive caught like 28 shadow Pokemon, and purified 14, but im gonna use it definately, and maybe clone some, cause Celebi is my favorite Pokemon, and i dont know if ts true that you can only get shiny Celebi legit this way( or Jirachi for america). but yeah.

I got the Celebi disc and a Japanese Gamecube for $70 from a friend on here. Remember that there are only 48 Celebi on the disc per save. Once all 48 are distributed from one save you have to restart to send more. I got the Jirachi disc too for free from a different friend as well.

Yeah I have the Jirachi and Celebi discs too. I love them! :)
And yes purifying is quite dragged out in colosseum.

I reccomend you use the trick where your character gets stuck walking in agate....will lead to a faster purification.

Oh and remember that you have to beat the Elite 4 BEFORE you can get a Celebi.

Ok Im actually a little furter along in Colusseum than i previously stated I have 34 Shadow Pokemon and 20 purified now. I know you can only get 48 Celebi per save thats plenty, I honestly will probably just Clone one in my Japanese Emerald and send it to my HG/SS and trade them to people, if theyd like. I can retart my R/S games as well for more Jirachi. with the event im like overloaded with Jirachi. its too much. at least its cute. i do this to get Shiny Latias/Latios w/ the Eon ticket( also from Ebay)

Im really excited for Black and White now. I dont want to wait till september, now that ive preordered

Ok Im actually a little furter along in Colusseum than i previously stated I have 34 Shadow Pokemon and 20 purified now. I know you can only get 48 Celebi per save thats plenty, I honestly will probably just Clone one in my Japanese Emerald and send it to my HG/SS and trade them to people, if theyd like. I can retart my R/S games as well for more Jirachi. with the event im like overloaded with Jirachi. its too much. at least its cute. i do this to get Shiny Latias/Latios w/ the Eon ticket( also from Ebay)
Im really excited for Black and White now. I dont want to wait till september, now that ive preordered

I'm sorry, but what does the bolded part have to do anything with this topic?

I'm preordering Pokemon White from Play Asia. It should be coming 1-4 days after the release date! It's gonna be exciting, though, I'm gonnna have to get off the internet to prevent from me spoiling the game. :3

Ok so relativly related; I would like to pre-order the japanese Black version, but with all the talk of some of the content being blocked (the dsi exclusive stuff);

i am asking could someone please provide a simple list of the known Dsi Exclusive content, i want to make sure i would be able to experience most of the games new features if im going to be paying $75 (this is with the shipping id like)

google ways to purify pokemon faster!

Ok so relativly related; I would like to pre-order the japanese Black version, but with all the talk of some of the content being blocked (the dsi exclusive stuff);

i am asking could someone please provide a simple list of the known Dsi Exclusive content, i want to make sure i would be able to experience most of the games new features if im going to be paying $75 (this is with the shipping id like)

The list isn't out yet. But one confirmed feature is Video chat.
Either way, it is reigon locked on the DSi. You will need to play it on a DS or a Japanese DSi.

i wont do that, i'll just mosey on over to my friendly neighborhood Gamestop, in my mall to preorder them in English, i will do thing s differently Ive worked out a plan.
JP B/W: choosing Tsutaja in Black and Pokabu in White SRing them both shiny, in English B/W: choosing Mijumaru,SRing Shiny i will use differnt pokes in each game to keep it interesting:spin: who says u cant play diferently everytime i play R/S/E i use differnt pokes and it is challenging.

I'm going to pre order white version sometime over the weekend from Play-Asia I wonder what pre order bonus you get with the games I heard something about Headphones. But a Zekrom figurine would he really cool :D what shipment are you guys using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom