• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preordering the Japan games

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's your choice to waste that money. That game isn't meant for you.

Good thing I didn't. I was thinking about it, but the money isn't there. I like the way you put it though, this game isn't meant for me. It is meant for Japanese kids.

Good thing I didn't. I was thinking about it, but the money isn't there. I like the way you put it though, this game isn't meant for me. It is meant for Japanese kids.
Or Japanese Teens and or Adults. Not to mention anyone that ISN'T Japanese, yet is fluent in the language.

Or Japanese Teens and or Adults. Not to mention anyone that ISN'T Japanese, yet is fluent in the language.

Fluency isn't a must, but highly recommended. I'm not even close to being fluent but I'm pretty sure basic vocab and grammar comprehension will be really the bear minimum. Remember pokemon has a target audience of children which aren't masters of their own language, but game freak has I guess noticed the older ages by adding kanji to the mix if wanted. I know I'll leave that feature alone xS.

Fluency isn't a must, but highly recommended. I'm not even close to being fluent but I'm pretty sure basic vocab and grammar comprehension will be really the bear minimum. Remember pokemon has a target audience of children which aren't masters of their own language, but game freak has I guess noticed the older ages by adding kanji to the mix if wanted. I know I'll leave that feature alone xS.
Oh I know that, I wasn't saying that anyone that wasn't fluent in Japanese couldn't play it. Heck I only know a little Katakana and I pre-ordered Pokemon White.

And I'm saying people shouldn't be complaining about the wait or anything.

I get ya panthera, and ryuu I agree all the way, if you don't have anyway to understand the game probably getting it isn't a good idea. People get to caught up in the pre release news fever and go nuts. I think using it to maybe get some kind of language learning is ok too but it's not going to work if you have no understanding at all. I think looking up every word you come across would be like pulling teeth after a while xD.

And I'm saying people shouldn't be complaining about the wait or anything.
Of course they shouldn't be complaining. Pokemon is designed and constructed in Japan, so it's only logical that it should be sold there first. Not to mention that contrary to what people believe, it takes quite a lot of time and work to translate games into another language, and to think they would ever be released simultaneously is out of the question. It just simply won't happen with Pokemon.

I get ya panthera, and ryuu I agree all the way, if you don't have anyway to understand the game probably getting it isn't a good idea. People get to caught up in the pre release news fever and go nuts. I think using it to maybe get some kind of language learning is ok too but it's not going to work if you have no understanding at all. I think looking up every word you come across would be like pulling teeth after a while xD.
I agree. I got HG to help with my studying, but I ended up just skipping all dialogue to push forward quickly in the game using a walkthrough. No kanji actually made reading it more frustrating. :banghead:

I'm gonna try again to study with Black/White, which will have kanji i hear. Also, since this is not a remake, walkthroughs will be available later this time.

Of course they shouldn't be complaining. Pokemon is designed and constructed in Japan, so it's only logical that it should be sold there first. Not to mention that contrary to what people believe, it takes quite a lot of time and work to translate games into another language, and to think they would ever be released simultaneously is out of the question. It just simply won't happen with Pokemon.

Not really. I have seen Konami release Castlevania games a month after their Japanese release. And Yugioh 5Ds WC09 had an English option on the Japanese version (Engrish, but it was a start).

I thought it would be interesting for anyone that ordered off of Play-Asia, to give their order number and the date they pre-ordered. That way we can see who might get it sooner when they get their stock in.

I'm: #19490059 from Jul 29, 2010

Pokemon White for me :3

Date: Jul 05, 2010
Order Number: #1*****3
Shipping Estimate: On or before September 20, 2010
Version: White

For the week before I pre-ordered, I checked Play-Asia every day to see if it was available =3 I also pre-ordered it back when it cost $59.90, and I've already paid =3.

As for simultaneous releases, I agree that they are out of the question for Japan. However, with the US-EU gap drastically decreasing over the games, and the fact that Spanish HGSS screenshots were out long before US release, at some point, I'd like to see a Pokémon game get a US-EU-AU joint release.

Last edited:
Here's mine:

Order #: 19339497
Day of Order: July 8
Shipping Estimate: On or Before September 20th
Games: Black & White. White is for me, Black is for my brother. :D

Actually I'm not excited about the games at all, I'm not going to pre-order any of them. I guess I'll order the Japanese White version sometime next year or so.

Order #: *****120
Day of order: August 25
Estimated shipping: on or before September 20
Games: ポケットモンスタ ホワイト.

I really hope it ships before the 20th, I ordered with the cheap bubble-air shipping

Last edited:
Order #: *****120
Day of order: August 25
Estimated shipping: on or before September 20
Games: ポケットモンスタ ホワイト.

I really hope it ships before the 20th, I ordered with the cheap bubble-air shipping
It probably will ship earlier, but with that shipping it could take a week to two weeks until you get it. That's why I got Fedex.

Ya 5-10 days will not be fun once it is released because of all the info on serebii, and some of my fav youtubers doing walkthroughs xD

Order #: 19476188
Day of Order: July 28th
Estimated Shipping Date: On or before Sep 20, 2010
Game: Pokemon White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom