• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Pretend You're Xyzzy Mafia - Endgame: Midorikawa has received 6 Awesome Points! Congrats - 16/5/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
th

Yeah, I kinda wasn't lying about my role...

Endgame: Midorikawa has received 6 Awesome Points! Congratulations!

Dear Jsach, you are Bees?

This is probably the most popular non-custom white card around FnG/TWR. Not even sure how the joke first started, but it's been an important part of RM for months. Anyway, bees are known for their sting which can be deadly if someone is allergic. Their sting is also located on their rear end, as a result... ahem...

You are The Flying Bee That Stings Laser Beams Out Of Its Ass. Each night you are 25% 1x Bulletproof; there is a 25% chance you will survive one nightkill on you every night. You are also 75% Vigilante; each night you may select a player and have a 75% chance you will attempt to kill them. Alternatively, you may Take Aim on a player of your choice for a night, then use an Aimed Shot on them the next night; if they are not town, the chance the shot will be processed becomes 100%. If they are town, the chance drops to 25%.

You are aligned with the town and win when all opposing factions are eliminated while at least one member of your faction is alive.

This card was submitted by TheCapsFan
Jsach was killed. He was Town The Flying Bee That Stings Laser Beams Out Of Its Ass

And thus ended the life of Jsach, true to his role of bee, as bees die after the sting. But his sacrifice was his final gift to the town...

Dear Son_Of_Kelduck, you are It is now Day 6. You have 48 hours to talk about _, _, why the game is still ongoing, why no one died and maybe try to persuade @DarthWolf13 to change sides.

This is a custom card I added based after the infamous line Elementar said in the Day 6 update of a game he hosted recently, Artemis Fowl Mafia. By that point the entire mafia team was outed, thinking they have won the game thanks to help from the independent kingmaker DarthWolf13, so all they had to is wait. There was no more scumhunting needed to be done so the discussion devolved to trying to persuade DarthWolf13 to switch sides with waffles or Caps the Queen of England (replaced by the blanks in this card).

You are the Day 6- Deathproof + Compulsory 2x Day 6- Deathproofizer. You have to select 2 non-mafia people in the game before Day 1 ends; those two and you will become unable to die until Day 6, ensuring that you will survive to that point of the game no matter what.

You are aligned with the mafia and win when all opposing factions are eliminated while at least one member of your faction is alive, or nothing can prevent this from happening.

This card was submitted by Elementar
HumanDawn was killed. He was Mafia Day 6- Deathproof + Compulsory 2x Day 6- Deathproofizer

Lone_Garurumon had to leave the game just as it would get over, as he had homework to do:

Dear Lone_Garurumon, you are (this is a white card).

This white card was created in the custom deck to parody the actual blank card in the game, that mechanically lets you write anything you wish on it (within a character limit), that lets the player that uses it make custom plays.

Your role isn't determined yet. You need to input a command of less than 100 words in this conversation before Day 1 ends. Your role will be decided based on that, taking overall game balance into account.

You are aligned with the town and win when all opposing factions are eliminated while at least one member of your faction is alive.

This card was submitted by Midorikawa

---
INPUT: An emotional roller-coaster of social awkwardness, confusion, joy, sorrow, rejection, acceptance, hiding, restraint, exuberance, intrigue, quizzes, and homework assignments!
ROLE ASSIGNED: Emotional Rollercoaster

Your role will be Emotional Rollercoaster. You will actually have a different role each phase.

Day 1: Social Awkwardness.
You are Voteless for all of Day 1.
Night 1: Confusion. In Night 1, you can use a Vigilante shot. 75% chance it succeeds, 25% chance you kill yourself.
Day 2: Joy. You are Double Voter for Day 2.
Night 2: Sorrow. You are Commuter for all of Night 2.
Day 3: Rejection. You are Voteless for all of Day 3.
Night 3: Acceptance. You are a 1x Doctor for Night 3.
Day 4: Hiding. You are a 1x Day Hider in Day 4.
Night 4: Restraint. You are a 1x Killstopper in Night 4.
Day 5: Exuberance. You are Double Voter for Day 5.
Night 5: Intrigue. You are 1x Cop for Night 5.
Day 6: Quizzes. You will receive a quiz at the beginning of the day. The answer will give you a game-relevant kill
Night 6: Homework Assignments. By the end of Night 6, if you are still alive, you will die.

And Midorikawa was the last woman standing in the mafia game, and the most awesome player in the Pretend You're Xyzzy Game! Congratulations!

Dear Midorikawa, you are Getting flushed down the lava-tory.

This white card was created by Maniacal Engineer in the custom deck after a joke he made in the forum, a pun involving the words lava and lavatory. It implies a lavatory that has lava instead of water.

Because flushing someone down a lava-tory sounds like something that would kill its victim, from either drowning or burns, you are the 1x Vigilante. One night phase in the game, you may select a player and attempt to kill them.

This card was submitted by Maniacal Engineer

CONGRATULATIONS TO TOWN FOR WINNING THE GAME!

Did you enjoy the game?
Was the setup and the balance broken or too broken? :p
If you would like to change a single thing in this game, what would it be?
Should I regret ever hosting this game? :p

I would like to thank all the players as well as everyone in Bulbagarden Game Night, this game couldn't have been done with you. Special mentions to @Doctor Floptopus who first created the custom deck most of this game's cards came from. I believe @Maniacal Engineer deserves a special mention too as he's created lots of the custom cards used here (basically if it wasn't Flop's or mine, it was his) and also was a player who led the winning faction effectively for most of the game and also the first one to enter the graveyard and give it so much life, we had a very active graveyard :D I'm glad he got to play again and he might have got a bit annoyed when he saw what the setup was about, he also said he's retiring again after this, I'm sorry if the craziness of this setup was part of the reason.

Alright, I don't know what I just read but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have had time to play this if I'd signed up.

And this is how my 25th hosted game ended. Wow, it sure was an interesting milestone. I'll admit that this is the only game I was regretting hosting for a while, but after seeing it play out to the end I no longer feel that way.

I'd like to talk about the setup a bit. This might've been the craziest setup I've ever designed. The core was the mafia's Day 6 role, which I first thought I would like to use if RNG was with me when I saw lots of people input the Day 6 card for mafia. What we have here is a [13p] game that's guaranteed to have at least 3 people alive by Day 6, 2 non-mafia and 1 mafia.
Another mafia was also Deathproof for the first few phases so they could have more control over how they wanted to die (which is what the card was talking about). I felt like this scum team was a bit strong so I gave it a theme of "stronger early on, weaker later on" and didn't give it any of the regular mafia roles (ex. Godfather, Rolecop, Roleblocker).
I then gave the town lots of killpower (Pumpkin, 2x Interrupting Knife, 1x Vig) so they could get more attempts to bring mafia down. No Doctor made the game crazier with the erraticness of its deaths; there were lots of kills but also 3-4 deathproof people so there had to be phases without deaths, but I wasn't exactly expecting them to happen in a row.
The game was bastard and swingy but I didn't mind, that's what I designed it to be. It had to be cracked open from town's side with OC as mafia had little ways to gain this kind of info and their roles were so strange that their claims would stand out at least and balance things.

The final interesting thing about it were the 3 blank cards. Elementar actually tried to get the Pumpkin role without knowing it was in, so I got the idea of a backup pumpkin that could make the two act like masons while also giving town a safer node of killpower (as a dead Pumpkin early on could mean trouble, you saw how important it was when it survived once and killed two mafia single-handedly). Then Ereshkigal gave me a card about Evil Dead which I don't know much about... so I kept the "dead" and "King Arthur" parts. So I got Restless Spirit first, then thought I should give him some lynch control (being king) but also being a heroic king like Arthur I wanted some sort of armor/attacking so I went for the Suit Bearer combo. Finally a somewhat-balancing win-con that would also make the role a forced sort-of losing-side Kingmaker. Finally, Lone_Garurumon; wow @ that input. The moment I saw it I knew I had to do it like this, and the number of things listed/it ending at Night 6 with homework assignments. combined with knowing that Day 6 was intended to be an important phase anyway, gave me the idea of a starting weak but getting very strong n5/d6 role that then suicides n6.

Did you enjoy the game?
Actually yes. My role was fun and the roles caused a lot of wacky shenanigans. You know, once I started caring again after people actually started dying.
Was the setup and the balance broken or too broken? :p
Way, way too broken :p.
If you would like to change a single thing in this game, what would it be?
Three goddamn phases of f*cking NOTHING! I mean, god damn people!
Should I regret ever hosting this game? :p
Yes. This game was bad, and you should feel bad :p.

Anyway, thanks to Zexy for hosting this crazy fun, wacky little game.

Then Ereshkigal gave me a card about Evil Dead which I don't know much about... so I kept the "dead" and "King Arthur" parts. So I got Restless Spirit first, then thought I should give him some lynch control (being king) but also being a heroic king like Arthur I wanted some sort of armor/attacking so I went for the Suit Bearer combo. Finally a somewhat-balancing win-con that would also make the role a forced sort-of losing-side Kingmaker.

Ash is the source of the phrase "This is my boomstick." He also had his hand possessed by a demon, chopped it off, and replaced it with a chainsaw.

All because of this evil book they read from.

And Midorikawa was the last woman standing in the mafia game, and the most awesome player in the Pretend You're Xyzzy Game! Congratulations!

Dear Midorikawa, you are Getting flushed down the lava-tory.

This white card was created by Maniacal Engineer in the custom deck after a joke he made in the forum, a pun involving the words lava and lavatory. It implies a lavatory that has lava instead of water.

Because flushing someone down a lava-tory sounds like something that would kill its victim, from either drowning or burns, you are the 1x Vigilante. One night phase in the game, you may select a player and attempt to kill them.

This card was submitted by Maniacal Engineer
LONG LIVE THE LAVA-TORY!!!!!! (I almost wish that my Black Card had been chosen instead, especially given how boring of a role was made out of this card...)

I believe @Maniacal Engineer deserves a special mention too as he's created lots of the custom cards used here (basically if it wasn't Flop's or mine, it was his) and also was a player who led the winning faction effectively for most of the game and also the first one to enter the graveyard and give it so much life, we had a very active graveyard :D I'm glad he got to play again and he might have got a bit annoyed when he saw what the setup was about, he also said he's retiring again after this, I'm sorry if the craziness of this setup was part of the reason.
I disagree with the underlined bit. I should never, ever be town leader, because I suck at it.
My only consolation is that, pretty much no matter what I tried D3, I was a dead man, anyway.
I always bring life to graveyards. It's what I do best in Mafia games.
And yes, I was annoyed by the setup, and yes I am going back into retirement.

Also what happened today should make me seriously consider my -YLO MAJORITY rules. Lone_Garurumon didn't even get the chance to tell everybody that HD was checked mafia and he could single-handedly kill Eresh because the phase was over too soon.

My idea for now is that MAJORITY rules won't take effect in -YLO until every player has posted at least once in the phase.

Also what happened today should make me seriously consider my -YLO MAJORITY rules. Lone_Garurumon didn't even get the chance to tell everybody that HD was checked mafia and he could single-handedly kill Eresh because the phase was over too soon.

My idea for now is that MAJORITY rules won't take effect in -YLO until every player has posted at least once in the phase.
Thank you. Seriously. This was nonsense. The game should have been over D6, and none of this ridiculous nonsense about percentages and taking aim and choosing a target.

Also, I will be reworking the Flying Pumpkin Role for a "standard" that can be used in all games, because there is a lot undefined about the role.

I still think you should have named my role combination "lich" :p

I had no idea what was going on at any point in this game.
TBH, I didn't trust you, even after getting a town scan on you.
One of my mistakes was having LG confirm Elieson instead of you. That way, I could have given you all of the information at my fingertips.
One of several mistakes. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom