• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview of upcoming GF & Gym battle

J J M

never ever giving up
Reaction score
Since the last future events preview got a thread of its own, this could also get one as well. Especially when we're dealing with important stuff such as this.

Haven't seen the preview yet, but there seems to be a lot of kickass battles. :p

Last edited:
Re: Previews of upcoming GF & Gym battle

I officaly hate Ursula's new dress. And Dawn's. But at least everybody got new dresses. Yes. Side note, where is Jessie and Kenny?

Also, Pachirisu vs. Gabite. Awesome. And Ursula/Zoey interaction. Awesomesauce.

Edit: Ursula's outfit's color scheme reminds me of Paul's, except +white, -black. Scary. But it looks like it has scales like Gabite, cool.

Last edited:

Side note, where is Jessie and Kenny?

Jessalina could be kept out of the Grand Festival because her fifth ribbon was not won by her but actually from Salvia disguised as Dawn. Technically, the contest officials see the ribbon as Dawn's. Remember, they have a scan machine to verify that the ribbons earned are official.
Kenny, I don't know where he could be, but this is what happens when you have six major characters competing in contests...

Even if Kenny doesn't enter for whatever reason, I still hope he shows up to support Dawn.

Well the Grand Festival is most likely more than one part, plus it was only a preview so they couldn't show everything. So who knows? Kengo and Musashi could still appear (I'll be very surprised if they didn't).

I just saw the preview and I think that Mimilop might belong to Naoshi. During the scene with Mimilop vs Mumage you can see some snowflakes and these snowflakes are also there during the Leafia vs Korotock scene. Plus I heard Momoan say "Mumage" during the latter scene. Also the narrator mentions "double battle".

Last edited:

I just saw the preview and I think that Mimilop might belong to Naoshi. During the scene with Mimilop vs Mumage you can see some snowflakes and these snowflakes are also there during the Lefeon vs Korotock scene. Plus I heard Momoan say "Mumage" during the latter scene.

I agree with you.
The snowflakes that are present in Leafeon's confrontation with Kricketune are also seen when Lopunny fights Mismagius.
Not to mention that Leafeon's "wings" were granted because of a pokemon's Psywave, according to the announcer. What pokemon other than Mismagius can use Psywave? Who else other than Zoey has a Mismagius and a Leafeon?

Also the narrator mentions "double battle".

All of the battle portion rounds in the Grand Festival are double battles.
So it would be safe to say that Nando is using Lopunny as his second pokemon alongside Kricketune to fight Zoey's two pokemon in their fight.

And Yeah, as V-Faction said before, wasn't Glameow battling Gallade? How much that makes sense?

Anyways, Infernape's rage coming back. And Electivire. Sweet.

And yeah I suppose Infernape will be the one who stars in Volkner's gym. I was hoping and rooting for land turtle.

Edit: Ok, it looks like Gallade and Glameow are working together than battling. Zoey must have gotten crazy, making her Pokémon get hurt to create good combiantions.

Last edited:

Not sure, if I'm even allowed to ask this, but does anyone know where I can see a high or at least decent quality vid of the preview? The one I saw had just terrible quality.

Anyway, surely I'm not the only one who noticed the Lopunny in the preview? I gotta hand it to them if it is Dawn's Buneary, that's a evolution I did not see coming.

Anyway, I thought Paul said Infernape mastered blaze? It looks like it's about to rip Ash's head off...

GRAND FESTIVAL!

Actually looks awesome.

Urara and Nozomi interaction is just brilliant and Gabaito/Pachirisu. Thank god for continuity.

Can I just say that the grand festival is gonna be AWESOME.

Seems like it's gonna be Ursula v Dawn and Nando v Zoey than Dawn v Zoey in battles.

That Lopunny seems to belong to Nando T_T

What is up with the "Let's use my Glameow to electrocute my Gallade" move though that Zoey came up with ?

Zoey and Ursula look like they're gonna bitchslap one another, love it.

I'm not mad at whoever designed Dawn's new dress... it's not WOW but it's better than the pink number... actually, the more I see the yellow dress, the more i like it

Lack of Kenny and Jessie makes me think they might go further than we think...
-----
Infernape & Pikachu star in the Sunyshore match ? Color me disappointed... although that Blaze or Blast Burn looks awesome.

Can't honestly say I care for the grand festival, though it's cool that they're using Iwane for it. Lots of nice looking footage was used during that preview, so at the very least it's going to be a visual treat. Gallade, Kricketune and Togekiss look set to make this fun, and it's nice to see some underused guys getting their dues.

But Jesus, I wish they'd evolved Buneary and Glameow at some point. Do not want.

I do hope the final battle isn't Piplup and Togekiss vs. Glameow and Gallade. Mamoswine and Togeekiss is where it's at, baby! Stomp the kitty!

Last edited:

Yeah, I'm still not super excited about the GF, but damn if it won't look cool as hell.

Ah Buneary, you haven't learned a new move for all of Sinnoh, and it looks like you'll get no evo here. Sigh...

Maybe Kengo and Musashi will lose in the appeal round...? Nah, sounds too silly. :p

Has it ever been told how many coordinators participate in the GF?

I'd laugh so hard if Kenny gets knocked out early.

Poor Kenny, wasn't this kid supposed to be a major character? The writers totally screwed him over. :p

Infernape's gonna murder Luxray, looks like Paul was wrong about Blaze.

What is up with the "Let's use my Glameow to electrocute my Gallade" move though that Zoey came up with ?

Might be for Reversal.

So since it looks like Nando and Zoey are gonna battle eachother dos that mean...

A) Dawn and Zoey arent gonna battle eachother
B) Nando's not gonna win the GF like a lot of people have said
C) Zoey defeats Dawn then goes on to fight Nando or the other way around

How do we know the Zoey Vs. Nando battle isn't the final match? Did they show the battles in order or anything?

In any case we're sure to get Dawn Vs. Zoey in this GF.

I'll copy-paste what I said in the episode's thread and also add something:

And now for the huge preview we got - they officially said this is the "DP climax" so yeah... for all the crazy people who thought that's not the case, they clearly called it the climax... don't dream about BF or Johto or I don't know what
The GF will start in the 29.4 (the title indeed was fire+ice and not water)
I totally love Dawn's new dress and hair style <3
Seems like Zoey and Nando battle, I guess Zoey will get revenge and beat him
Also looks like Dawn VS Ursula... so I wonder what's up with Kenny and Jessie
If I understood what they said correct (90% sure, correct me if I'm wrong) Ursula said that she'll crush Dawn/Zoey's "final promise" and Zoey said something like "we'll see about that" and then we hear Dawn mention the "final promise we made at the Jubilife Contest"
IN YOUR FACE, SCOTT! You told me I'm exaggerating the importance of this promise and that they won't mention it again... I love how DP constantly prove you wrong
I won't be surprised now if the final battle of the GF is Dawn VS Zoey and honestly - with all the surprises DP gave us... I won't be THAT shocked if Dawn wins it
Also, looks like the bunny might evolve!

-----
Now, I also wanted to say that not only the preview talked about Dawn and Zoey's promise to battle in the final, they also mentioned Ash and Paul's promise to have another full battle during the Sinnoh League (from the recent Ash/PAul/Barry ep)

So, I now believe this will happen:
Grand Festival:
- Dawn's performance: Bunny&Cynda (pretty much confirmed by title and preview it'll be the first performance), Pip&Pachi (revenge on Hearthome), Mamo&Togekiss (what's left... and they're both evolved from Johto Poké) don't know about the others' performance... for battles:
- Kenny VS Jessie: Kenny win
- Dawn VS Kenny: Dawn win
- Zoey VS Nando: Zoey win
- Dawn VS Ursula: Dawn win
- Final GF Battle: Dawn VS Zoey - Dawn win the battle and the whole GF
League:
- Conway will play a minor role, either lose to Barry/Paul/Nando or early lose to Ash/random character
- Ash VS Barry: Ash win
- Ash VS Paul: Ash win
- Ash VS Nando: Nando win
- Either it's the final battle and Nando wins the League, or they'll just have Nando lose to a COTD/random character
- No E4 but possibly a quick battle with Cynthia where she quickly DESTROY Ash
- Dawn will leave
- Ash and Brock go the next region with new girl as a Coordinator and TRio follow them

I fully believe this is exactly what's going to happen now
Of course, I could be wrong and everything can happen but currently it seems to me like it'll be this way

Might be for Reversal.

Well it sure as hell ain't for the christian imagery that's for sure... Gallade doing a crucifixion pose while being electrocuted, Zoey deserves to lose that battle XD

By the way, what is up with Piplup's glowing yellow beak in the preview...

I'M PSYCHED !!!! This Grand Festival is gonna be awesome.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom