• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview of upcoming GF & Gym battle

Dawn looks great in her new outfit.

She actually looks like a Champion.

Why does no one see this?

14k8ghs.png

Yes, this is definately not a crazed face.

Yeah I know he looks crazy, but I don't think he will lose control with it. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

True, but IMO, Dawn looks more professional with her new look.

Before she looked like a ballerina. Now she looks like a winning lass.

Also, Soledad and May are both in seperate categories in BF.

Soledad looked more professional, while May looked like she was there strickly to battle.

Compare Robert and Tyson's clothes to Ash's and May's clothes.

There's look more chill, mature, and professional.

Which are the personality traits of a winner.

This saga, Ash and Dawn have learned those qualities. As well as May in her cameo.

To see Ash and Dawn not get victory cups would be disappointing in my book.

I hope that Ursula has another epic battle. She's been apart of some of the best contest battles in the series.

Ursula is a great character, I just love her new dress. It looks very cool, as well as Gabite and Flareon, nice combination.

Shame we didn't see Zoey's Mismagius til now, that thing looks powerful, same with Leafeon.

It would look funny if she wins. I mean how can you win in your first GF. Dawn doesn't look like a master coordinator to me. Winners are always shown to be much more mature and high spirited which Dawn lacks.

Ash lacks some of it too.

He may have more experience than Dawn, but times are changing.

Besides, isn't it everyone's first GF.

So you're telling me no one should win?

Ash lacks some of it too.

He may have more experience than Dawn, but times are changing.

Besides, isn't it everyone's first GF.

So you're telling me no one should win?

And the reason why Ash never won a league so far.But he is developing nonetheless.

Thats why we shall have a GF only rival who should have the win.

But I like your style. You keep on saying that people shouldn't compare character like Ash,May and Dawn but eventually you compare them.

So should we all just quit watching, cause to me it's now or never.

How long are we going to keep main characters stagnate.

Just look at May now, compared to when she first started.

Also, look at Ash and Dawn.

If none of those 3 are confirmed to win their own leagues or festivals it is very unprofessional.

So should we all just quit watching, cause to me it's now or never.

How long are we going to keep main characters stagnate.

Just look at May now, compared to when she first started.

Also, look at Ash and Dawn.

If none of those 3 are confirmed to win their own leagues or festivals it is very unprofessional.

I never said you should quit watching. Just keep watching but don't lay your hopes too high that a person will win a tournament out of nowhere.
Thats what we call development. They have been developing ah since gen 1 for all that. If a newbie come and win the league then it will mean that An and in turn Paul hasn't got what it takes to be the champion\master.

Why would Dawn not, not say I won't lose against anyone.

That's not what I said. I meant that in the preview, she says that she remembers the promise they made to each other in Jubilife City and that's why she knows she won't lose before ordering the Pip-Toge combo. Where I'm going with this isn't that Dawn shouldn't say she won't lose, it's that she wouldn't say that exact line if she was fighring against Zoey in the finals, she would have said it in an earlier battle.

So there's a sub of the preview? I'd like to see that...

I didn't find one in english, the only one I found was in french... which fortunately I speak.

maybe now some people will get why I insist of Dawn VS Zoey in the final, the preview made it obvious

I agree... sorta. They do mention the promise a whole lot, but that's the point of my question, we see Gallade and Glameow and cut to Dawn, Piplup and Togekiss, and we think this is the final match lineup. But those Dawn lines make it seem it's from an earlier battle (Not the Ursula match though) and the eletrocuting Gallade looks more appealy than battly in my opinion, hence my translation question.

But yeah, they just mentionnend the promise at least 5-6 times in a minute and a half preview (not counting the gym part) so it's the likier scenario.

Do you think its possible the writers won't have Dawn defeat Zoey in this GF, with Zoey being the GF winner instead?

I admit that would be strange, as Ash/Gary and May/Drew had final battles at the end of their sagas, but who knows, maybe they'll do something differently this time?

Do you think its possible the writers won't have Dawn defeat Zoey in this GF, with Zoey being the GF winner instead?

I admit that would be strange, as Ash/Gary and May/Drew had final battles at the end of their sagas, but who knows, maybe they'll do something differently this time?

That happened because of there was another region after that. Drew wasn't defeated by May in Hoenn GF, because she had Kanto BF. Ash didn't defeat Gary because there was Johto.

The final battle WILL be Dawn VS Zoey - on that I have no doubts at all
I think in such case, most likely Dawn will beat her and then leave the show as a GF winner
But in case the writers would decide to keep Dawn in the show, they'd make Zoey win and then Zoey will cotninue to next gen as a rarely appearing rival (while Dawn get new main rival) and Dawn will finally beat her in the next gen GF
I find the first possibility of Dawn winning and leaving 90% likely to happen while the second option is 9%
1% is the unlikely case of the final battle not being Dawn VS Zoey - but it's crazy to mention it 2356462 times in the preview and make a big deal of it if it wouldn't happen...

The thing about Dawn and Ash's storylines this saga, as far as character development is simple: Dawn's had it rougher!!!

If Dawn were to win, and Ash didn't. I wouldn't lose any sleep.

Seriously, Dawn's been through so much, and is one of the reasons I still personally watch this show.

Dawn's not only a favorite character, but I believe she made Sinnoh for what it was.

Dawn caught Buizel, not Ash.

If Buizel dominates in the league, Ash has some thanking to do.

But in case the writers would decide to keep Dawn in the show, they'd make Zoey win and then Zoey will cotninue to next gen as a rarely appearing rival (while Dawn get new main rival) and Dawn will finally beat her in the next gen GF

...Except Gary and Drew stayed as being Dawn's main rivals. Zoey being a tired character, I believe, won't change that fact. In short, considering how mcuh writers love repetitiveness, Zoey will stay as being Dawn's the main rival.

I can't see a reason for Zoey to be the main rival just because she's still a rival
Harley appeared much more in BF than Drew did... yet Drew was still played as the more important one in the GF
Zoey can be in one of the early Contests and than disappear (or get an ep or two) until the GF... she'll be like a "champion" that Dawn dreams to defeat after so long while another Coordinator will get to be the main rival and appear a lot... he/she could also beat Dawn in the next GF after she beats Zoey, if they won't make her win that GF

The thing about Dawn and Ash's storylines this saga, as far as character development is simple: Dawn's had it rougher!!!

If Dawn won the GF, that really wouldn't matter to me.

I mean who cares who had it rougher? No one, Dawn, May, Tracey whoever, "deserves" anything, they get what they get, regardless of who they're compared to.

I hope Dawn won't leave.

If she were, I hope she is very torn about her decision.

Misty was forced to leave, May left on her own.

Dawn should be split.

1% is the unlikely case of the final battle not being Dawn VS Zoey - but it's crazy to mention it 2356462 times in the preview and make a big deal of it if it wouldn't happen...

This is what I don't get, why on earth would the writers spoil most of the GF? There'd be no point in watching any of the previous battles. Hell, it wouldn't be a preview.

Did the narrator say they are in the final? I don't think so.

It's just the characters mentioning it.

Now, for why they would do this. They are probably trying to delude us into believing that it will be Hikari vs Nozomi in the final. When that doesn't happen, BAMM, there's your surprise/shock at the GF.

Because otherwise, what's the point in watching when know who will be in the final?

Sadly, as I said, I find it most likely that Dawn wins this GF and leave... I agree that Dawn should have hard time deciding if to go after her rivals or go with Ash since she likes both and can't imagine not seeing the other anymore... it'd be nice and fits the emotional side of Dawn that always played an important role in her story

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom