• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview of upcoming GF & Gym battle

I'm sure if people found out it would be Ash vs Paul in the finals, everyone would be rejoicing, no one would complain or even be upset.

But if Dawn and Zoey meet, it seems like the end of the world.

Is Dawn really undeserving of that Top Coordinator Title, is Zoey such a bad rival that people rather see Paul win the League, then Zoey win the GF cause they liked him more.

I don't get it. But if it's one thing I'm tired of, is the female characters always getting the short end of the stick on this show.

Ash's first league position was wrong on so many levels.

Tell me, what in the writer's right mind would make Gary, who exceeded the badge need of 8 to 10, lose before Ash in the League so quickly, when Ash didn't even win his badges the right way.

Ash is a great character, but he was spoiled on so many levels. To deny his luxuries as the #1 character, is living in delusionment.

This is why I respect characters like Misty and Dawn more. They had to fight to be where they are.

My previous post has no reflections on who I think should be in the final.

Because otherwise, what's the point in watching when know who will be in the final?

We still can't be 100% sure it'll happen so we'll be interested enough to watch it to see if they really are going to do what they made us think... XD but I have better reasons:

We did wait since DP 12 to see Dawn VS Zoey in the final... I don't know about you, but I'd enjoy watching Dawn do her best to keep the promise while Ursula tries to prevent it... it's interesting (in my opinion at least)
And I'm sure their battle will be awesome so I can't see a reason to complain

Yes, they might spoil us the ending - but since when they really care? they throw a lot of spoilers at us... and as I said we can call this build up rather than a "spoiler" since we still don't really know what they'll do

We also knew Ash will get Paul's Chimchar before it happened... did it make the eps any less awesome? sure not for me...
Also, the preview also made it obvious that Ash and Paul will keep their promise too (have another full battle during the League) and it's pretty obvious Ash will win that battle... it's even more expected than Dawn VS Zoey in the final, yet everyone agree that it'll be an awesome battle

This is what I don't get, why on earth would the writers spoil most of the GF? There'd be no point in watching any of the previous battles. Hell, it wouldn't be a preview.

Well, you're rainsing a good point, since this is the reson why I'm still hesitant to call the how the GF will unfold. But to be fair, it's not the first time the writers have spoiled things like this (the last similar preview showed Ash pretty much catching Gible and Buizel learning Ice punch.)

Now, for why they would do this. They are probably trying to delude us into believing that it will be Hikari vs Nozomi in the final. When that doesn't happen, BAMM, there's your surprise/shock at the GF.

Agreed, as of now, we only have two matchups confirmed

Dawn v Ursula and Nando v Zoey and we still don't know what round they're gonna clash in. For all we know, Zoey defeats Nando, has the thrash talk session with Ursula, gets beaten by Ursula who the fights Dawn.

Because otherwise, what's the point in watching when know who will be in the final?

THE SPARKLEZZZZZZ IT'S ALL ABOUT THE SPARKLEZZZZ :D

Like I've been saying for the past 3 years, this promise has to play a big role.

Why mention it, if not.

Dawn vs Zoey would be epic.

We did wait since DP 12 to see Dawn VS Zoey in the final... I don't know about you, but I'd enjoy watching Dawn do her best to keep the promise will Ursula tries to prevent it... it's interesting (in my opinion at least)
And I'm sure their battle will be awesome so I can't see a reason to complain

I will enjoy watching the events leading to the final as well, but in my mind there will always be the "I knew this was going to happen" feeling. It won't ruin the GF for me, but it will be a negative point about it.

Yes, they might spoil us the ending - but since when they really care? they throw a lot of spoilers at us... and as I said we can call this build up rather than a "spoiler" since we still don't really know what they'll do

It just seems too much of an obvious spoiler in my opinion. I generally think that they are bluffing, it's bound to shock the little kids in Japan.

But Dawn and Zoey aren't noobs. They know how to battle, and battle well.

Wasn't Johanna a GF winner of her 1st GF.

Well, whatever they do, I think I'll like it... I usually end up loving everything they do - including things that I'd initially think are bad
So I can't say much more than what I already said 32562532 times in this thread and other threds
We'll have to wait and see what happens... I'm sure going to enjoy this GF no matter what they'll do - Contests are awesome!

Anyone wants to talk about something other than the boring "who will battle who and who will win"?
I totally liked Leafeon's "light wings" - I'd like to see more stuff like that in the GF... someone has ideas for similar things?

Well, you're rainsing a good point, since this is the reson why I'm still hesitant to call the how the GF will unfold. But to be fair, it's not the first time the writers have spoiled things like this (the last similar preview showed Ash pretty much catching Gible and Buizel learning Ice punch.)

Yes, they have spoiled things in the past so there are precedents. These precedents are unlike this scenario however. Catching Fukamaru and Buoysel learning Ice Punch aren't really on the same level as who is in the final of one of the two big competitions.

THE SPARKLEZZZZZZ IT'S ALL ABOUT THE SPARKLEZZZZ :D

I must admit, da sparklez will probably have me watching the GF for months after it has aired :p

I can't see a reason for Zoey to be the main rival just because she's still a rival
Harley appeared much more in BF than Drew did... yet Drew was still played as the more important one in the GF
Zoey can be in one of the early Contests and than disappear (or get an ep or two) until the GF... she'll be like a "champion" that Dawn dreams to defeat after so long while another Coordinator will get to be the main rival and appear a lot... he/she could also beat Dawn in the next GF after she beats Zoey, if they won't make her win that GF

Yes, but in the end of the day Drew's main rival status was written with shining words. Also, Harley apppearing makes more sense because Harley, only appeared in one contest and GF, as opposed to amount of Drew's appearences.

Sadly, as I said, I find it most likely that Dawn wins this GF and leave... I agree that Dawn should have hard time deciding if to go after her rivals or go with Ash since she likes both and can't imagine not seeing the other anymore... it'd be nice and fits the emotional side of Dawn that always played an important role in her story
Yes, which would give us a great tearjerking, emotional as opposed to action based episode. Which would be great.

Now, for why they would do this. They are probably trying to delude us into believing that it will be Hikari vs Nozomi in the final. When that doesn't happen, BAMM, there's your surprise/shock at the GF.
No, BAMM! There is your land witch laughing like a bitch.
My previous post has no reflections on who I think should be in the final.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BlatantLies
We did wait since DP 12 to see Dawn VS Zoey in the final... I don't know about you, but I'd enjoy watching Dawn do her best to keep the promise while Ursula tries to prevent it... it's interesting (in my opinion at least)
Not only according to your opinion, but according to writers opinion as well. They wouldn't do the damn plot if they didn't find it interesting!
But Dawn and Zoey aren't noobs. They know how to battle, and battle well.
Same goes for every other 16/32 coordinators who will participate in battle rounds of GF.
Wasn't Johanna a GF winner of her 1st GF.
Johanna is not a main chracter, and only rival she had(as far as we know) was Lila who gave up on contests.

We don't really know anything about Johanna... we don't know if she won her first GF or not, but we did see a lot of trophies in her home so we can assume that she won more than one GF

I will enjoy watching the events leading to the final as well, but in my mind there will always be the "I knew this was going to happen" feeling. It won't ruin the GF for me, but it will be a negative point about it.

To me, there's three things we can infer from the preview

1- Dawn will face Ursula
2- Zoey will face Nando
3- Zoey and Dawn are on opposite sides of the elimination pyramid, cause as I said before, the lines Dawn say during a battle, so the elimination pyramid has already been drawn, indicates that she doesn't believe she'll lose because she has to fulfill that promise. The only way they could make that promise possible would be if they were on opposite sides of the pyramid.

That being said, we don't know in what rounds those battles take place, we don't know if Dawn and Zoey will actually meet.

I'm confused as I have instincts that tell me to expect a Zoey v Dawn final, but at the same time, I have instinct that tell me to proceed with caution.

Contests are awesome!

Yes they are, especially since DP has made a point to truly differenciate them from regular battles with combinations like Leafeon psywave wings or the flame ice combo.

I must admit, da sparklez will probably have me watching the GF for months after it has aired :p

Yes it will, Yes it will

Soledad is straight up actual proof, that one does not have to settle for one Ribbon Cup.

Drew even said Robert was off training for the next GF.

People are thinking Dawn's GF will end up exactly like May's which is sad, cause for the last damn time, May and Dawn are totally different.

Merely laughing?!

I expect her to be howling with glittery laughter, right into the screen and then into Hikari's depressed face.
Only to screen and Dawn's face? Not to Zoey, Jessie, Kenny, Nando, Ash and Brock?

Iteru, my boi, I'm dissapoint.
:O
Iteru lies not!

That is the biggest lie you ever said.

To me, there's three things we can infer from the preview

1- Dawn will face Ursula
2- Zoey will face Nando
3- Zoey and Dawn are on opposite sides of the elimination pyramid, cause as I said before, the lines Dawn say during a battle, so the elimination pyramid has already been drawn, indicates that she doesn't believe she'll lose because she has to fulfill that promise. The only way they could make that promise possible would be if they were on opposite sides of the pyramid.

That being said, we don't know in what rounds those battles take place, we don't know if Dawn and Zoey will actually meet.

I'm confused as I have instincts that tell me to expect a Zoey v Dawn final, but at the same time, I have instinct that tell me to proceed with caution.
Listen to latter. Not so much to former.
Yes they are, especially since DP has made a point to truly differenciate them from regular battles with combinations like Leafeon psywave wings or the flame ice combo.
Sonicboom/Haze combo, Poison Tail/Sonicboom combo, Plusle and Minun shooting rainbows out of their asses with the help of Helping Hand.... And a hella lot more!
Yes it will, Yes it will
Cause everything is better with da sparkles!

Only to screen and Dawn's face? Not to Zoey, Jessie, Kenny, Nando, Ash and Brock?

Iteru, my boi, I'm dissapoint.

;(
I'm not worthy to be an Urara fan...

That is the biggest lie you ever said.

You sure about that? :p

Sonicboom/Haze combo, Poison Tail/Sonicboom combo, Plusle and Minun shooting rainbows out of their asses with the help of Helping Hand.... And a hella lot more!

Ice Hamster Ball and Ice Shard powerup.
How dare you neglect the ice!

Zoey's Mismagius looks awesome. Leafeon looks very cool as well.

Ursula and Dawn look cool calling their attacks.

Nando's Lopunny makes me love him, rather than loathe him.

Even if Nando loses the GF, it's not like we can't look forward to seeing his pokemon in the League.

The thing about Dawn and Ash's storylines this saga, as far as character development is simple: Dawn's had it rougher!!!

If Dawn were to win, and Ash didn't. I wouldn't lose any sleep.

Seriously, Dawn's been through so much, and is one of the reasons I still personally watch this show.

Ash had it rougher too, specially in Kanto. And Harley made it roguher for May which Ursula is not able to achieve as of now.

But May's story was original compared to Dawn. Dawn is a copy of Ash.

I'm sure if people found out it would be Ash vs Paul in the finals, everyone would be rejoicing, no one would complain or even be upset.

But if Dawn and Zoey meet, it seems like the end of the world.

Is Dawn really undeserving of that Top Coordinator Title, is Zoey such a bad rival that people rather see Paul win the League, then Zoey win the GF cause they liked him more.

I don't get it. But if it's one thing I'm tired of, is the female characters always getting the short end of the stick on this show.

Ash's first league position was wrong on so many levels.

Tell me, what in the writer's right mind would make Gary, who exceeded the badge need of 8 to 10, lose before Ash in the League so quickly, when Ash didn't even win his badges the right way.

Ash is a great character, but he was spoiled on so many levels. To deny his luxuries as the #1 character, is living in delusionment.

This is why I respect characters like Misty and Dawn more. They had to fight to be where they are.

Paul is a better rival than Zoey and character wise he is better than Dawn. He has a personality while Dawn, as I said, is a copy of Ash.

You my friend are blinded by the love of dawn and hate for Ash. You are forgetting that Ash is the one who makes anime and Paul is the one who made Sinnoh more interesting not Dawn. I am certain that you can't name some qualities that separated Dawn from Ash.

Like I've been saying for the past 3 years, this promise has to play a big role.

You joined this very year.

Seriously won't you find it weird that Ash after traveling through four regions get beaten up by a Ninja Monkey while a girl with same story comes and achieve her goal in the same region?

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom