• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Primal Reversion

STAB Earthquake is doing as much to Kyogre as Thunder Punch (100 x 1.5 and 75 x 2) so why would you bother with it for Kyogre anyway.

And we don't know how Cliff Blade's power yet.

(On the other hand, seems like under Primordial Sea, Kyogre can KO Groudon with a bare Water Gun...)

[video=youtube;X9LVaAkWBhc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9LVaAkWBhc[/video]

Sequence seems a little longer than Mega Evolving. Pretty cool tho.

Sequence seems a little longer than Mega Evolving. Pretty cool tho.

Are you including the beginning part where you see the PC activate their Mega Stone in that comparison? If it's activated by the Pokemon itself (with the help of its held item) I'd say the animation is about equal.

I love how they (seemingly) become encased in a jewel for the transformation.

It's almost a Mega-Evolution with a different icon and animation. No wonder if both Primal forms get a 100 base stats boost.

It's almost a Mega-Evolution with a different icon and animation. No wonder if both Primal forms get a 100 base stats boost.

I'd imagine they would.

Primal Kyogre
100/120(+20)/100(+10)/190(+40)/160(+20)/100(+10)

Primal Groudon
100/190(+40)/160(+20)/120(+20)/100(+10)/100(+10)

Primal Rayquaza???
105/180(+30)/100(+10)/180(+30)/100(+10)/115(+20)
or
105/190(+40)/90/190(+40)/90/115(+20)

Or something like that. I dunno.
apprently also on get tv they had a question mark over rayquaza (like they did for mewtwo x last year) possibly a mega rayquaza reveal within the next week?

Why would Rayquaza get a standard Mega when its counterparts get Primal Reversions, complete with fancy animations? That just doesn't seem fair... :<

EDIT:
tumblr_nbxob9434g1tm6zbwo2_400.jpg
tumblr_nbxob9434g1tm6zbwo3_400.jpg
Notice that meteor in the corner of each picture. Now, consider its Pokedex entries.
FRLG: It has lived for hundreds of millions of years in the ozone layer. Its flying form looks like a meteor.
Emerald: A Pokémon that flies endlessly in the ozone layer. It is said it would descend to the ground if Kyogre and Groudon were to fight.

Also notice how the head of the meteor resembles an uppercase delta. What was the remake-esque name trademarked a while back? Delta Emerald.

Last edited:
Also notice how the head of the meteor resembles an uppercase delta. What was the remake-esque name trademarked a while back? Delta Emerald.

The official site also adds onto the entries:

"A Pokémon said to have lived in the ozone layer for hundreds of millions of years, it looks like a shooting star as it flies through the night sky."

It's more than mere speculation that Rayquaza's going to get a Primal Reversion. The mural in Granite Cave depicts a shooting star in the image of a triangle (or capital delta). Both Groudon and Kyogre have alpha and omega linked to their primal forms--the beginning and the end.

What does Delta have to do with Rayquaza? If Kyogre's Primordial Sea is the beginning and Groudon's Desolate Land is the end, than Rayqaza represents the change in between, or even the change from the end of one era to the beginning of another. We know Rayqaza is linked to Mega Evolution. It would only be fitting for it's primal reversion to reference change, as it would if it was symbolized with delta.

I don't think anyone really had any reason before to wonder why it would be Delta Rayqaza (even though that's what the evidence suggested at that point), but combined with the fact that it's linked to Mega Evolution and Groudon/Kyogre's theme of beginning and ending then it makes sense.

I like how the camera angle gradually shifts to the Pokemon's back after the Primal Reversion. The Mega Evolution camera shift (at least in X/Y) was awkward because the camera shows the Mega Evolved Pokemon in the front, and immediately goes to the back a second later.

apprently also on get tv they had a question mark over rayquaza (like they did for mewtwo x last year) possibly a mega rayquaza reveal within the next week?

Mega Mewtwo Y. And with that precedent, it is always possible for Get TV to "leak" Primal Rayquaza during next week's episode.

I went to the link and, coincidence or not, the first thing I see is this screenshot:

sept_p08_01_doq.jpg

with Rayquaza making a perfect lowercase delta (δ)

DELTA RAYQUAZA CONFIRMED!!

In other news, a few of us have been wanting a Primal Regigigas. However, I'm not sure what Greek letter we could give it. Any suggestions?

I went to the link and, coincidence or not, the first thing I see is this screenshot:

sept_p08_01_doq.jpg

In other news, a few of us have been wanting a Primal Regigigas. However, I'm not sure what Greek letter we could give it. Any suggestions?

Huh, the classroom I'm sitting in has a Greek alphabet poster on the wall... hmm... sigma or gamma could work.

sept_p08_01_doq.jpg

Pi! Or theta, or lamda. Pi is epic, and regigigas is sort of squarey, so...

How about Primal Arceus with Protean as its ability?

...yeah, that would butcher competitive

I like how the camera angle gradually shifts to the Pokemon's back after the Primal Reversion. The Mega Evolution camera shift (at least in X/Y) was awkward because the camera shows the Mega Evolved Pokemon in the front, and immediately goes to the back a second later.

Mega Mewtwo Y. And with that precedent, it is always possible for Get TV to "leak" Primal Rayquaza during next week's episode.

No mewtwo Y was revealed in feburary or somewhere close to that what I'm refering to was just before semptembers coro coro where we got garchomp and mewtwo X

Or an ability that let its Judgement hit every type for super-effective damage.

that's the kind of ability I'd like to see a potential Mega Unown get. ._.

I dunno...it'd make Arceus crazy OP, effectively giving it a base 300 attack with no drawbacks.

That, and Primal Arceus would completely overshadow all its other forms.

Or an ability that let its Judgement hit every type for super-effective damage.

that's the kind of ability I'd like to see a potential Mega Unown get. ._.

I dunno...it'd make Arceus crazy OP, effectively giving it a base 300 attack with no drawbacks.

That, and Primal Arceus would completely overshadow all its other forms.
Judgment is Special btw. Arceus is supossed to be OP since it is the creator of the Pokemon Universe, so i'm completely fine if its broken.

Also, if Primal Reversion gives 100 stats points like Mega Evo, its Primal form will overshadow its other forms regardless of ability.

While I think future legendaries would get Mega Evolution variants like Primal Reversion, I am hoping that they aren't all called that because there could be more fitting names for them.

I'm wondering how Game Freak will actually handle future legendaries like Giratina who already has an Origin Forme. Considering that the item itself is a non-tradeable held item, it would be interesting to see whether Game Freak is up for a massive retcon and make Origin Giratina a Mega Evolution rather than an alternate form, with matching stats to boot.

While I think future legendaries would get Mega Evolution variants like Primal Reversion, I am hoping that they aren't all called that because there could be more fitting names for them.

I'm wondering how Game Freak will actually handle future legendaries like Giratina who already has an Origin Forme. Considering that the item itself is a non-tradeable held item, it would be interesting to see whether Game Freak is up for a massive retcon and make Origin Giratina a Mega Evolution rather than an alternate form, with matching stats to boot.
I could see them fiddling with the griseous orb, upgrading it, cos at the moment... it's not an orb! It's a sort of jagged lump. Maybe they'll hone it into something a bit more spherical - so you lose the ability to use its Origin form, but gain a primal reversion.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom