• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Primal Reversion

Pi-rygon
Reaction score
Re: Ancient Devolution/Primal Reversion

Did someone say REGRESSION:

Oh... wait... this isn't math class....

ON TOPIC:
I originally thought that Groudon was a fire type. (No wonder spamming dig on it in PKMD didn't end up well...).
Even though its new forme takes 4x damage from water, people will still probably like it more. Big dinosaur thing beats whale thing with wings any day (When your talking to Pokemon's target audience of course!)

Fairy type master.
Reaction score
Re: Ancient Devolution?

Its Ability may get a boost during this epic transformation, too.
omg you guyz perma weather's back!!
That actually makes a lot of sense.
But what if they decide to make it how it was before in the 7th gen, would that mean they would boost it another way if this is the case?

Nah, not possible.
Reaction score

If Primal Groudon (haha I love this Primal thing) is part fire-type, it better get a large spike in its speed. Otherwise, Kyogre's gonna turn this world into Kamino... After it Ice Beams Rayquaza.

Lovely
Reaction score

About the screenshots...

That's Steven in front of an old wall-painting, right? Does this mean he's tied with the legendary stories as well??

Lovely
Reaction score

Does this mean he's tied with the legendary stories as well??
He was to begin with, as was Wallace.
It looks like they're going to take a more Cynthia-ish route and have us visit some ruins/ancient paintings with him and learn about the legends before the actual crisis, so we can get an idea of the Primal Reversion in advance.

Formerly known as Tsu
Reaction score

I wonder if that painting is in the Granite Cave, where you first meet Steven?

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!!
Reaction score

The last thing that this metagame needs is perma-weather...

But I do wonder if Primal Reversion counts as the one Mega Evolution trainers are allowed per battle.

Lovely
Reaction score

I wonder if that painting is in the Granite Cave, where you first meet Steven?
That can be possible. They never explained why he was in Granite Cave in the first place (yes, to find rocks, but the location was too specific imo).

微笑みの光
Reaction score

So does this mean Primal Rayquaza as well?

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score

I think Primal Groudon and Kyogre's abilities will be "harsh" versions of their respective weathers, that hurt Pokemon exposed to it in battle (like Hail/Sandstorm). It would still act as Sunny Day/Drought and Rain Dance/Drizzle, but with the added injury effect.

Aka: Sceptile
Reaction score

Well, that would be believable for intense sunlight, but rain? Then again, I have not experienced really strong rain.

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score

Well I was thinking more thunderstorms for rain because Thunder and Drizzle/Rain Dance have ties anyway.

Reaction score

Well, that would be believable for intense sunlight, but rain? Then again, I have not experienced really strong rain.
Well I was thinking more thunderstorms for rain because Thunder and Drizzle/Rain Dance have ties anyway.
Maybe Acid Rain? I always thought that should be introduced as another weather condition anyway.

Empoleon Fanatic
Reaction score
Re: Ancient Devolution?

Wait a minute! Mega Aerodactyl is said to have been hypothesized by scientists to be Aerodactyl's original form! Could Mega Aerodactyl relate to Ancient Devolution?

Heck, perhaps all the Mega Evolutions are! This is a wild theory, but what about, when the Ultimate Weapon was fired, it killed many things, took their energy... What if the Ultimate Machine sapped power from Pokemon of that period, and then stored it as Mega Stones!? Then, Ancient Devolution is a more primal equivalent of Mega Evolution, as Kyogre, Groudon, most other legends and Aerodactyl went extinct/into rest before this! We've seen that Pokemon can mutate and weaken, like Magikarp! Funnily enough, Gyarados has a Mega Evolution!

It seems that just as Mega Evolutions have 'Mega ________' as their name, Ancient Devolutions have 'Primal ________'.

Does a legend with Primal in front of it sound familiar? Reverting to something? Yes, it does! Primal Dialga! Primal Dialga reverted to a thoughtless, speechless beast who fought only to survive.

Primal Dialga, similar to Primal/Primevil/Ancient Kyogre and Groudon, has glowing outlines, and eyes changed color. Could we see a slightly redesigned Primal Dialga as an Ancient Devolution? Was it perhaps a inspiration? And could Giratina-O draw into this? Find out next wee-

Oh wait, wrong media.
I've always wanted a Primal Dialga, Sinnoh Confirmed? If they do make that a thing in the main games, I'll be so freakin' happy!

Borderland Sword
Reaction score

Okay, is it just me, tho...or does Primal Groudon look like a Plushie?Plushie Groudon.png