• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Primal Reversion

Re: Ancient Devolution?

I have this feeling that P-Groudon and P-Kyogre are going to have type changes and exclusive moves to compliment them. It would make the most sense for Groudon to be Ground/Fire (for obvious reasons) and Kyogre will be Water/Electric, because lightning is frequent in rain. And if you look in the pictures for these Primordial Pokemon, they're using never-before seen moves, one is a magma-quake looking attack and the other seems like an electric ring. Judging by how we have only seen dual type moves on Hawlucha (And how they work out very well despite previous worries) I think it's likely that these two moves are going to be dual type as well, due to the fact that they can get stab from their type and weather and an additional other type to provide variety.

Also if it works out this way, I think it's safe to say that Zygarde will receive Primordial devolution as well, based on the fact that it is really open for development, overlooked compared to even OU Pokemon, and we have seen the two seemingly exclusive "Thousand Arrows/Waves" attacks. It would take a new form to allow Zygarde to learn them, and it might provide an interesting backstory to see why "thousand" seems important to its design.

Forgive me if this was stated already, it's a bit ballbusting to go through each post and see if what you've said is already been stated :p

If you read the thread you're commenting on you'd see that this had been discussed already and that regression does not mean worse, weaker or is indeed a negative word. Thinking that regression is bad is like thinking that all new are better.

Yeah, you're right. My bad. I'm really sorry. Just got lazy there.

You know, this could be a way for Golurk to get a Mega Evolution. Think about it: the big fella's been around for thousands of years; how do we know that the ones we have now were the exact same as in ancient times?

Answer: we don't. And knowing what little I do about golems in general, an Ancient Devolved Golurk would be an absolute holy terror and not to be trifled with. In general, a golem is fairly obedient but once that patience wears thin, run.
Many pokémon have been told to have been much more powerful in the past. Golurk's inmense power had to be sealed, so it returning to how it was before that, be it directly in the past or just removing the seal would be a pretty obvious choice for a Mega Evolution. (Which I found weird, it'd have been the perfect Gen V pokémon to get one)

Pretty much any pokémon that could've gotten a Mega Evolution referencing a great power they had in the past (give me sun-deity Volcarona and original dragon Kyurem please) could probably be fitting for this "not mega-evolution"... but also there are two things that in particular I am thinking about.

This "ancient devolution", in a way, is opposed to the Mega Evolution in that instead of progressing further onto an unreached potential of a pokémon that has already evolved, it goes backwards to a more powerful time.
This means that I was only half-joking with an Ancient Magikarp-- in the sense that, as gimmicky as it may sound, unlike with Mega Evolutions not fully evolved pokémon are eligible for this, too. Even if unlikely for certain gameplay reasons.

The second thing is that thinking about it I am more convinced now that THIS could be the true power Zygarde is said to have. Zygarde's power is said to awaken when there's a huge disruption in the balance of life and death... which is what happened thousands of years ago in Kalos. Although one wonders why didn't it do anything THEN.

(in any case, if Golurk or any Gen V pokemon don't get a mega evolution while Diancie does even though they specifically said they rejected Kalos pokemon Mega Evolutions I am going to be pretty annoyed)

I think that this might be the only way Arceus can get a Mega Evolution without retconning its supposed "God" status.

The English names of Groudon and Kyogre's new formes are revealed: Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre.

Primal Groudon is Ground/Fire, great now Kyogre destroys it even more now.

So Groudon remains pure Ground? And from the lack of Primal Kyogre are we to assume it remains Water type?

Welcome back Primal Kyogre, the old new King of Ubers ...

A return to their older self when they clashed the first time. I'm getting "the legend returns" vibes here.

Fire/Ground removes Primal Groudon's weaknesses to Grass and Ice, but it now has a 4x Water weakness and a 2x Ground weakness.

Take it as you will.

On the Japanese website, Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre are shown in presumably the Cave of Origin, but on the left/bottom left of the screen, like the player had already obtained it and are battling someone else using Blaziken/Swampert instead.

Kicking Brendan/May's ass hardcore confirmed Or it could just be a trainer battle where I didn't notice the Pokeballs. Still, the backgrounds seemed like they were inside the Cave of Origins to me.

According to the press pack the primal evos are 10 times bigger than the normal groudon/kyogre. Which are already fracking huge. I'm loving em more and more!

source

These two extremely powerful Pokémon clashed in an epic battle that once sent Groudon into a long slumber within the magma beneath the planet’s crust and drove Kyogre into a deep sleep at the bottom of the ocean floor. The awesome transformation is a result of Primal Reversion, when Groudon and Kyogre reclaim their original power from nature’s energy and obtain even greater power than they already have. The power within Primal Reversion is still being discovered, as well as what connection may lie between Primal Reversion and Mega Evolution.

Primal Groudon is brimming with energy, which pours from its body as magma. The magma burns at such an extreme temperature that its body is always shimmering ruby red from the haze of its heat, giving off light in the darkness. Through Primal Reversion, Primal Groudon becomes much larger and adds Fire type to its Ground type, raising the power of Fire-type moves it can learn. Primal Reversion greatly boosts Primal Groudon’s Attack. Its Ability may get a boost during this epic transformation, too.

Primal Kyogre, a Water-type Pokémon, is awash with energy that spills from its body as seawater. Its blue skin shines like a sapphire and is half-translucent like the sea. Primal Reversion greatly boosts Primal Kyogre’s Special Attack. Its Ability also seems to get a boost, although this information cannot yet be confirmed. Primal Kyogre is massive, growing to be more than twice Kyogre’s size.

Re: Ancient Devolution/Primal Reversion

Ah it's good to know the kings of the sea and land will be colossal like they should have been. Now they would return to their former glory before battling!

Primal Groudon now part Fire-type?

tumblr_n5f15b2Sqk1s5884yo1_500.png

Okay I'll bite how do we know for certain if this is real or not?

Poor Groudon! Kyogre will kick it's butt ever harder now. But I'm not complaining, the Fire typing fits Groudon. In fact, as I've never played the original RSE, I thought Groudon was Fire-type for quite a while. Plus now it gets STAB from all the Fire-type moves it can learn.

I hope Primal Groudon has a signature (physical) move that is super-effective against Water types. I mean, it can use Solar Beam with Drought, but Groudon's main specialty has been attack.

I hope Primal Groudon has a signature (physical) move that is super-effective against Water types. I mean, it can use Solar Beam with Drought, but Groudon's main specialty has been attack.

Solarpunch :)))

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom