• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Primal Reversion

Re: Ancient Devolution/Primal Reversion

Did someone say REGRESSION:
djdRrZD.gif

Oh... wait... this isn't math class....

ON TOPIC:
I originally thought that Groudon was a fire type. (No wonder spamming dig on it in PKMD didn't end up well...).
Even though its new forme takes 4x damage from water, people will still probably like it more. Big dinosaur thing beats whale thing with wings any day (When your talking to Pokemon's target audience of course!)

If Primal Groudon (haha I love this Primal thing) is part fire-type, it better get a large spike in its speed. Otherwise, Kyogre's gonna turn this world into Kamino... After it Ice Beams Rayquaza.

About the screenshots...

page03_img_03.png

That's Steven in front of an old wall-painting, right? Does this mean he's tied with the legendary stories as well??

Does this mean he's tied with the legendary stories as well??
He was to begin with, as was Wallace.
It looks like they're going to take a more Cynthia-ish route and have us visit some ruins/ancient paintings with him and learn about the legends before the actual crisis, so we can get an idea of the Primal Reversion in advance.

I wonder if that painting is in the Granite Cave, where you first meet Steven?

The last thing that this metagame needs is perma-weather...

But I do wonder if Primal Reversion counts as the one Mega Evolution trainers are allowed per battle.

I wonder if that painting is in the Granite Cave, where you first meet Steven?

That can be possible. They never explained why he was in Granite Cave in the first place (yes, to find rocks, but the location was too specific imo).

I think Primal Groudon and Kyogre's abilities will be "harsh" versions of their respective weathers, that hurt Pokemon exposed to it in battle (like Hail/Sandstorm). It would still act as Sunny Day/Drought and Rain Dance/Drizzle, but with the added injury effect.

Well, that would be believable for intense sunlight, but rain? Then again, I have not experienced really strong rain.

Well I was thinking more thunderstorms for rain because Thunder and Drizzle/Rain Dance have ties anyway.

Well, that would be believable for intense sunlight, but rain? Then again, I have not experienced really strong rain.

Well I was thinking more thunderstorms for rain because Thunder and Drizzle/Rain Dance have ties anyway.

Maybe Acid Rain? I always thought that should be introduced as another weather condition anyway.

Re: Ancient Devolution?

Wait a minute! Mega Aerodactyl is said to have been hypothesized by scientists to be Aerodactyl's original form! Could Mega Aerodactyl relate to Ancient Devolution?

Heck, perhaps all the Mega Evolutions are! This is a wild theory, but what about, when the Ultimate Weapon was fired, it killed many things, took their energy... What if the Ultimate Machine sapped power from Pokemon of that period, and then stored it as Mega Stones!? Then, Ancient Devolution is a more primal equivalent of Mega Evolution, as Kyogre, Groudon, most other legends and Aerodactyl went extinct/into rest before this! We've seen that Pokemon can mutate and weaken, like Magikarp! Funnily enough, Gyarados has a Mega Evolution!

It seems that just as Mega Evolutions have 'Mega ________' as their name, Ancient Devolutions have 'Primal ________'.

Does a legend with Primal in front of it sound familiar? Reverting to something? Yes, it does! Primal Dialga! Primal Dialga reverted to a thoughtless, speechless beast who fought only to survive.

Primal Dialga, similar to Primal/Primevil/Ancient Kyogre and Groudon, has glowing outlines, and eyes changed color. Could we see a slightly redesigned Primal Dialga as an Ancient Devolution? Was it perhaps a inspiration? And could Giratina-O draw into this? Find out next wee-

Oh wait, wrong media.

I've always wanted a Primal Dialga, Sinnoh Confirmed? If they do make that a thing in the main games, I'll be so freakin' happy!

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom