• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Primeape vs Machamp

wergugy

Crossed Out
Reaction score
i really like primeape. but except for speed, machamp has superior stats. which one? post the reason why here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: primeape or machamp()

Machamp, has better overall stats, and when you've got that power, speed's not a necessity.

Machamp, has better overall stats, and when you've got that power, speed's not a necessity.

This is false. Power without speed means that you're open to something else coming in and killing you/incapacitating you before you have a chance to use that power.

That said, Machamp is the better Pokemon. As noted above, a 100% accurate Dynamicpunch is fantastic. It's also more versatile and can effectively use more moves. Also? It has the highest Attack stat of all Fighting type Pokemon (tied with Breloom.)

If an offensive Pokemon like Primape can't hurt things, it's nigh useless. Machamp is clearly superior despite it's lack of speed.

Speed is always important, and Vital Spirit can be a nice ability, but Machamp is more useful overall. DynamicPunch destroys almost everything that doesn't resist it, and it cripples anything that does.

I chose Primeape, cause I believe that stats and stuff shouldn't matter, If you like the Pokemon, you can always find a way to win with it (like for example I beat Wallace with pretty much my Blaziken alone).

I'm going with Machamp. 100% accurate DynamicPunches are nothing to laugh at. It also looks cool

I chose Primeape, cause I believe that stats and stuff shouldn't matter, If you like the Pokemon, you can always find a way to win with it (like for example I beat Wallace with pretty much my Blaziken alone).

Yeah, well that's because Blaziken is awesome

Machamp is better, by far. Mine has Guts instead of no Gaurd, though.....:bawling:

Machamp, because of better stats/battle ability.

I don't care for battle ability or all that whatnot.

I haven't used a Machamp outside of Red since I don't trade much however I have used it's pre-evolutions. I prefer Primeape by quite a long shot.

The only Dynamic Punch, Bullet Punch, machine. Machamp wins in everything but looks.

I don't know about stats, but I prefer Machamp. Pig Monkey cannot compete with the four armed awesomeness that is Machamp.

He's 40% arm, 30% Chest, 30% Leg, AND ALL MUSCLE.

.... you think a weird pig monkey's better than pure muscle? Machamp DESTROYS Primape

.... you think a weird pig monkey's better than pure muscle? Machamp DESTROYS Primape

You think a weird four armed guy shooting up steroids is cooler than the pure awesomeness that is primeape? works both ways!

Who cares if he's on steriods he don't go ape on everyone :p

Primeape's Pokedex Entry:

It grows angry if you see its eyes and gets angrier if you run. If you beat it, it gets even madder...

Epic. I have to go with the ape.

I'm gonna go with Primeape.

I never liked the Machop line except for Machoke.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom