• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Primo Unlockables (Box Wallpaper and Eggs)

Is there an official English one, though? Is yours the official English one?

I agree with you on the additional content thing (hell, I'm downloading new Mass Effect 2 DLC right now), but I think you're going a little far with the "diehard cheaters" comment in regards to this. An Event pokemon is something for which I will wait eagerly with bated breath—but a bunch of box wallpapers that have no impact on the game world and add literally no playability, when the means to unlock them is available to me, without hacking, quite legitimately, but simply under a different guise?

No, sir, I'm not going to wait. I'm going to unlock the wallpapers in one fell swoop and then quickly, quietly, move on. And I do not appreciate the insinuation that I or anyone who shares this perspective is a "diehard cheater" for doing so.

Agreed. I understand the want to release them in bits and pieces, but none of them are that valuable (except possibly the eggs, Slugma most of all).

Besides...it's not like they're unobtainable right now. You can still figure out the wallpaper stuff, and if we're really patient, figure out the other eggs.

One thing I do wish though is that the info for the eggs were given sooner. Since they're going to be lvl 1 at hatching and are supposed to be there to help us against the rival...wouldn't it be better for us to have them closer to the beginning of the game? Many of us already own the game (and are in the process of beating it).

*shrugs* It's all business.

Agreed. I understand the want to release them in bits and pieces, but none of them are that valuable (except possibly the eggs, Slugma most of all).

Besides...it's not like they're unobtainable right now. You can still figure out the wallpaper stuff, and if we're really patient, figure out the other eggs.

One thing I do wish though is that the info for the eggs were given sooner. Since they're going to be lvl 1 at hatching and are supposed to be there to help us against the rival...wouldn't it be better for us to have them closer to the beginning of the game? Many of us already own the game (and are in the process of beating it).

*shrugs* It's all business.

Although, by the time the slugma code is released, you would probably already be WAY past the point you need a fire pokemon and also realize that cycling road is littered with them.

I'd like to add that for Japanese games they made only one new egg available every four weeks and guess what... no complaints from anyone!

Although, by the time the slugma code is released, you would probably already be WAY past the point you need a fire pokemon and also realize that cycling road is littered with them.

And I already started with Cyndaquil so I don't need a fire-type of any sort. All of the eggs would be useless to me, actually, since I already caught and raised both Mareep and Wooper to their fully evolved forms.

So...essentially doing the whole waiting thing with the code releases neither hinders nor helps anyone. Particularly since I could find a fire type (like Vulpix) before Ecruteak and a Pidgey would work fine against Bugsy. And the box wallpapers aren't helpful in the game, they just look cool.

I'd like to add that for Japanese games they made only one new egg available every four weeks and guess what... no complaints from anyone!

Maybe cause they're so useless? I don't mean to be rude, but the eggs aren't very helpful since the pokemon are all obtainable early on except slugma, and it's not that hard to find a fire type sort of early in the game.

And you know that no one complained how? I wouldn't be surprised if people had done the same thing before with the JP phrases, with the exception of the eggs. I mean, seriously. And again, except for Slugma this stuff isn't even all that useful or important anyways. Also, in the case of the Japanese release of these: THEY WERE NEW. Few people, if any, knew what the wallpapers looked like until they were released and similarly about the eggs. This is not the case now.

You, uh, do realize that's not why anyone wants a Slugma, right? >_> It's for it's ability duh.

I am a bit late on this one, sorry. Another Egg and Wallpaper were released last Friday April 9th, 2010.

Soul (Released April 9th, 2010)
2.png

Wooper Pokemon Egg (Revealed April 9, 2010)
10.png

As the previous Heart Wallpaper, the Soul Wallpaper features a Silhouette of Lugia with an bluish underwater background. The Wooper Egg is just will hatch to be just a basic Wooper I believe.

The next release is for one wallpaper and is set for April 16, 2010 which is this:
まいこはん Maikohan (to be revealed April 16, 2010)
7.png

In two weeks from this Friday (on April 23, 2010), we will also receive the final Pokemon Egg:
Slugma Pokemon Egg (to be revealed April 23, 2010)
11.png

I may get the Wooper Egg sometime soon here as it is a pretty good Water-type Pokemon and being immune to Electric-type attacks is a major plus.

Is there something special about these Egg pokemon. Like being born with rare move sets?

where's the japanese one at?

And honestly IDC how it's released... imo it makes me have something to look forward to ~

I appreciate the effort filb put into whatever they chose to do

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom