• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EVERYONE: Problems resurrecting my fic

Umbramatic

Feudal Articuno Man
Reaction score
Warning: this can get a little melodramatic.

Way, way back in early January of this year, I started my first attempt at a long-running piece of fanfiction. It was called "The Pokemon World: A History." It managed to get a few fans, and I was personally proud of the work I'd done.

But then Pokemon White came out, and I became horribly distracted. Then I became distracted by schoolwork and life issues, and I left the fic off at chapter five for a whopping NINE MONTHS.

About six of those nine months after I stopped, I decided the fic was dead and moved on to other things. However, some of those other things didn't work out either, and I started to lose faith in my ability to write long stories.

However, I've been working on an other Pokemon related-project on another site, and even though I'd been avoiding these forums out of embarrassment, I came back. I di want to do one thing: apologize to one of my fic's biggest fans, some color no doubt.

I also saw that his fic, Seasons, had won an award, and that got me thinking: If I could resurrect this fic, and write it well, maybe I could make it awesome enough to bring people back and earn some recognition or even awards myself. Plus, it would be very satisfying to actually finish it, and I needed to start writing long stories sometime if I wanted to be a serious writer, right?

So, I sent him a PM apologizing for abandoning my fic and congratulating him on doing so well with his.

No response, even after several VMs and even an email attempt.

I checked his activity and he hasn't been on much, so I PMed and VMed my fic's second biggest fan, 33Whimsicott33. No response either.

So, I feel like I'm caught in a rut. I want to resurrect this fic really bad, but I feel like I need my big fans to respond first, and they almost seem to be ignoring me. And my story only had a few long-running fans - and if two of the biggest ones had a possible grudge towards me and the notion of me bringing back my fic, how the heck can I gain new ones?

It's really discouraging and downright depressing, and if anybody can help (or at least give me some motivation) that would be awesome. For now though, I just feel like crap about all this. :-(

I'll read it, of course! I didn't actually take a look at it when it was on the forums because...well...the name didn't really appeal to me...

But never mind that, I'm looking for new things to review all the time.

And as far as gaining new fans, just reboot the story. That's what I'm doing with my fic A Little Bit of Good (which you should probably read)

I'll read it, of course! I didn't actually take a look at it when it was on the forums because...well...the name didn't really appeal to me...

But never mind that, I'm looking for new things to review all the time.

And as far as gaining new fans, just reboot the story. That's what I'm doing with my fic A Little Bit of Good (which you should probably read)

Thanks, but I'm not sure I want to reboot everything... although I admit my title isn't exactly creative.

Unless... do you mean rewriting the whole thing, or just necroing the thread, or maybe just giving it a new title?

Thanks, but I'm not sure I want to reboot everything... although I admit my title isn't exactly creative.

Unless... do you mean rewriting the whole thing, or just necroing the thread, or maybe just giving it a new title?

By reboot you could do a number of things, you could rewrite it completely or just go through it and edit it to your liking. A new title would be good, if you could find a better one.

Or just keep writing and pick up where you left off. You'll find that after abandoning a fic there will be a number of things you'll dislike about it, that's what happens with most of my fics.

By reboot you could do a number of things, you could rewrite it completely or just go through it and edit it to your liking. A new title would be good, if you could find a better one.

Or just keep writing and pick up where you left off. You'll find that after abandoning a fic there will be a number of things you'll dislike about it, that's what happens with most of my fics.

I already did that :D. I guess now I can just change the title before writing Chapter 6... you got any suggestions? And how do you change thread titles?

Well, i'll start reading and reviewing quite soon so you can hear my suggestions.

And i'm pretty sure to change the title of the thread you change the title of the first post in advanced settings.

I remember it, and remember really liking it. Pokemon history is cool.

Somebody does remember it! That makes me happy. :)

I have officially necroed the thread, with a new title and an explanation attached. Chapter 6 should be up within a week, but until then, feel free to re-read - I made a few changes.

Hey InsaneTyranitar, I'm back around to read and write here again, so I'll give your story a read too of mine comes around.

Coincidentally, I'm trying to work out how to re-boot a story I had to abandon a few months back as well, only mine never had any following as far as I know, so it will be less of a big deal for me to do.

Hey InsaneTyranitar, I'm back around to read and write here again, so I'll give your story a read too of mine comes around.

Coincidentally, I'm trying to work out how to re-boot a story I had to abandon a few months back as well, only mine never had any following as far as I know, so it will be less of a big deal for me to do.

Oh man, I love your writing. Can't wait to read whatever you have coming.

Thanks! Just so you know, Chapter 6 is actually coming along really well.

EDIT: Freaky...this was one minute off of being 24 hours after my last post.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom