• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Professor Instrutilus' Study of Pokémon (EVERYONE)

Instrutilus

Me am stalking bug
Reaction score
I've sent this to 4 friends, but I've decided to put it here and see what people think of my writing. You see, I'm planning a Wiki of my Fanon 'Verse which includes Pokémon, and I've used Pikachu for an example. If anyone can tell me what I could possibly improve for my wiki before I work on others, I'll be greatful...
(Move to the Block if it's more suited for it)

Edit: by request, here's a index of the studied:
PON #025 - Pikachu (Desumomuris exemplar)
PON #132 – Ditto (Effingocreatura ignotus)
PON #143 – Snorlax (Amplusursus negotium)
PBN #003 – Sceptile (Gramensauros extraxi)
PJN #065 – Scraggy (Tergumlacerta brevis)
____________​

PON #025 - Pikachu (Desumomuris exemplar)

Biology
Desumomuris exemplar are small, yellow creatures with brown markings and red cheeks, actually a much more conductive fur designed to allow electrical energy to jump to their target. They store this energy in electric sacs, which constantly generate static in order to replace that which is lost. However, this process only occurs during sleep, much as the Human body repairs itself and removes any toxics. They're able to direct the electric current to a specific target, usually berries or other animals they want fended off, and alter the voltage into three different strengths.

The species' average weight, according to tests, comes to 13.2 pounds, while averaging a height of 1'04". By that logic, a Desumomuris exemplar's BMI would be 36.2.

Desumomuris exemplar have two long sensors that look and act much like an Earth Rabbit's ears. However, they aren't ears, rather sensors that pick up nearby electric signals. This is how they locate the electrical wires they like to gnaw upon and any potential predators. Their actual ears are located just beneath the connection point for these sensors, beneath the because the sensors proved more useful for 'looking out' for predators, unlike the ears which proved useless against predators like Pidgeotto who could remain silent when hunting and hide within the trees.

Being a Herbivore, Desumomuris exemplar lack kanine. Instead, they have 4 incisors in place at the front of the mouth, the two on the upper jaw being the sharpest. They have 20 molars, 5 per set each. Because of the sharp incisors, they have a nasty bite on them that usually leaves deep gashes and scars.

The fur of the Desumomuris exemplar is quite strange. Each colour indicates a level of conductivity: yellow fur, while conductive enough to keep a static charge powerful enough to 'paralyse' a nerve system for a while, is far less conductive then the red fur. The brown fur, meanwhile, isn't conductive in anyway, while the black fur is designed to pick up any electrical impulses in the area around it better then the rest of the fur.

A Desumomuris exemplar's tail is a grounder, designed to release access energy from the electric sacs in any chance of a buildup. It does this via a special set of nerves that are designed to feed the electrical charge to the ends, where the fur releases it. Because of this, the tail is also incredibly sensetive, to the point of causing sharp pain to it should anyone grab it, though a simple touch will only alert the creature to one's presence. When pulled, the creature will make use of it's ability to transfer large bouts of electricity to it and shock the offender or merely turn around and severly bite whatever's grabbed the tail.

While they appear to be stubby, the Desumomuris exemplar's arms and legs are, in fact, quite strong. Their muscles are compressed, allowing it to match it's energy-related attacks with it's physical attacks, including a little extra. However, a majority of this strength is put toward the creatures speed over all, allowing to even keep up with it's 'evolved' counterpart for a while.

Females are known for the missing chunk in their tail. It is unknown why the tail has evolved like this, instead of merely having differing marks to the males, but it doesn't really matter, as Desumomuris Infantia can often be seen sat in the notch, riding with their mothers until they're able to fend for themselves.

Habitat
Desumomuris exemplar are forest creatures. They evolved proper in the Kanto region, due to the somewhat chilly climate. Desumomuris exemplar, therefore, prefer and usually seek out colder climates, but will happily thrive in a warmer climate so long as there is a collection of trees that can replicate a forest environment and a viable food and water source that meets up to their minor demands.

Another likely place they'll turn up is areas which produce electricity. Power plants often need constant care in the off chance a Pikachu wanders in and start chewing upon the electrical wires, as if startled then tey can easily cause damage to the surrounding area. If a power plant is abandoned, such as the one in the Kanto region, then Pikachu will flock and live within, usually causing havoc for anyone who attempts to revive the Power Plant for use.

Diet
Desumomuris exemplar are herbivores, therefore eat mostly berries. Oran Berries seem to be a particular favourite amongst them, but apples and other fruits and vegetable will be sufficient. They will also happily eat human processed foods, but it is advisable to keep them on berries, as they will grow much better then if they were on any other diet.

Behaviour
Desumomuris exemplar are pack animals and very much social creatures. They rarely travel alone, but it does happen when they're gathering food for their mate. They often travel in quite large packs, thus can prove a nuiscance should a pack wander into a nearby town. Should one be seperated, then it can often be seen making friends with others, eventually making a small pack of it's own. Should it relocate it's original pack, then it will rejoin with the pack but also bring along it's new pack. This often causes problems for creatures that aren't designed for travel.

Desumomuris exemplar aren't territorial, prefering to move around and explore then sit in one place. However, should they locate something generating an electrical output, they will flock to it. It is unknown why, but it appears that the output gives the creature pleasure, much as certain drugs give Humans pleasure. Therefore, it is advisable to keep a close watch on one that has recently begun gnawing on power wires and allowing itself to be shocked.

It is because of this behaviour that Humans develop bonds with them. Human children are particularly fond of them because they share a desire to move from location to location rather then stay in one area. Because both are pack animals, it can be expected to see a Human Trainer who does own one to keep it out of it's container in order to keep each other company, even in the presence of other Humans. However, if they are kept in one place in order to become a 'pet', then it is advisable to allow them to run around outside after training them to return to the home, or walk them on a non-conductive leader at regular intervals, like a dog.

Evolution
Desumomuris exemplar don't 'evolve' when a level of Sentioliquor is reached, unlike a majority of other creatures. It will, however, 'evolve' when a certain level of electric current within it’s body is reached, as the body adapts to the excess. Naturally, it takes a total of 8 years without discharging for the natural occurance, but Humans have found that they can immediately prompt evolution by introducing something called a Thunderstone, which seems to provide the necessary charge.

Likewise, it’s prior form, a Desumomuris Infantia, won’t ‘evolve’ when a certain level of Sentioliquor is reached, unlike other creatures where the process is prompted for that reason. Instead, a level of Seratonin must be reached, whereupon it will react with the Sentioliquor and prompt the ‘evolution’.

Related Animals
PON #172 - Pichu (Desumomuris infantia)
PON #026 - Raichu (Desumomuris calx)
PBN # 054 - Azurill (Undamuris primoris
PON #183 – Marill (Undamuris secundus)
PON #184 – Azumarill (Undamuris denique)
PBN #080 - Plusle (Desumomuris officium)
PBN #081 - Minun (Desumomuris infitialis)
PRN #055 - Pachirisu (Desumomuris sciuromorpha)
PJN #093 - Emonga (Desumomuris volatilis)

Last edited:
Re: Practise, can anyone tell me what they think of my writing?

Cool dude, Its pretty good and I see no error.

Hey, I know I'm not a mod (and I'm totally not trying to be!) but I think the main Workshop is the right place for this since it IS kinda a fic, after all.

I'd call it a perfect candidate for the alternate writing style award, in fact!

Anyway, this is a cool little thing and I truly hope you do more of them!

Although, I know you will aim to do ALL Pokemon for your wiki, it might be best for the sake of this "fic" to just do popular ones and in no particular order?

I am, which is why I've renamed it to the one you see and shall say this:
Boys and Girls, pick a Pokémon, any Pokémon. Post your choice and I shall make it a 'scientific' study if it's the most popular candidate. Professor Instrutilus has spoken! =L

I vote for Sceptile.

Also, species names are generally left lowercase. ;) (eg. Tyrannosaurus rex, Canis lupus, etc.)

Impressive. My only criticism: "it's" means "it is" or "it has" whereas "its" means "belonging to it".

EDIT: To make me seem less of a douchebag for bringing that up, I shall vote for Scraggy.

Last edited:
Is this all true? If it is, you should edit it into Bulbapedia XD It's amazing, Instru, I wish I could take Pokemon Biology for GCSE/IB =(

Since you've already done my original favourite, can you do CHICKUHHHHNNN(!!!!) next? In English, he's known as Scraggy =D XD

Letsee...
Sceptile = 1
Bidoof = 1
Eeveelutions = 1
Scraggy = 1
...a rather split vote, eh? |D

I vote sceptile!
And yeah, this is really good! Great style, a new way of writing, and a good deal more interesting than some of the actual pokemon books! :)

I love this, it's so... scientific. Are you just making the scientific names up or is there something I'm missing? Also, you should do Galvantula next/after Sceptile.

3 for Sceptile
2 for an Eeveelution.
Very well, Sceptile's up. Continue voting, I'll do that one after.

PBN #003 – Sceptile (Gramensauros extraxi)

Biology
Gramensauros extraxi are large, green, reptilian creatures with red markings around their body. They are covered in very fine scales, which appear to those who don’t know otherwise to be smooth skin. These scales are incredibly durable, protecting the creature from injuries, likely from the vegetation it surrounds itself with, that could possibly become infected in the humidity it requires. However, this does not mean the reptile is resistant to harm, on the contrary, the reptile is quite susceptible to physical trauma, as the scales are not compacted like the Aquavaranoidea superfamily. A likely explanation could be found in their behaviour, where battles would come rarely for them, thus they wouldn’t evolve proper defences unless actively picked off.

G. extraxi have a notable resemblance to the Siliciscaputsaurous family, suggesting a possible relationship. However, G. extraxi to not share the Siliciscaputsaurous family’s hard head, instead developing a further protruded beak that is used to snap fruit and berries from trees. It is also used as a defensive weapon in the rare case the species is forced to defend themselves, being able to crack a human skull in a confrontation. They also have bony protrusions upon their forearm that their skin has grown over, giving it the rather odd appearance of a leaf. This has caused confusion for scientists, who have mistaken them for actual leaves and entered it into their research.

G. extraxi have quite strong legs, likely stemming from my proposed relationship to the Siliciscaputsauros family. Unlike the Siliciscaputsauros family, who mostly used it to hold up their large weight of approx. 226Ibs, an average G. extraxi only weigh 115.1Ibs, therefore they utilize the left over leg strength to stay high-up in tree canopies, where they bask in the sun in order to keep their body temperature regulated, due to being coldblooded. This also has the added advantage of letting them be incredibly quick, in order to avoid battles.

G. extraxi also possess long necks, designed to allow them to see above long grass when on the floor and pick out any potential threats. They often utilize this to pick fruit and berries from above them and save them having to climb up after it where they can. Despite this, they only grow to an average height of 5’07”, about the height of an average Homo sapien. Taking into account their weight, their average BMI is 18.

On each foot, G. extraxi still have the suckers their young counterparts have, utilized for the same purpose. They also seem to have developed sharp claws on their toes, likely leftovers from evolution as they’re not really used by the creature in anyway. This can also be seen on their fingers, which have also developed claws, but the scales appear to have grown over them.

Upon their back, G. extraxi have what appear to be 6 buds on their back. They actually are seedpods, growing from holes on their back. The holes contain a syrupy nutrient that is used to attract insects to pollinate the surrounding area, similar in effect to the Satogradior family and the Serocimex family. The syrup is also incredibly nutritious, thus a G. extraxi’s body, when killed, will attract quite a lot of attention. It is advisable for any humans to avoid the area in such cases, as the insects will inevitably start fighting over it and may potentially view the human as another competitor. The seedpods, meanwhile, contain a variety of seeds. The variety comes from their stomach, which filters out any seeds it has devoured in a complex system I won’t go into detail about, in order to spare you the time.

Another curiosity is the tail, which has developed bony protrusions like the arms, but on a large scale. It is likely that, as the species’ average speed increased, it needed more weight on the rear to keep it balanced. Thus, the bony protrusions developed and balanced the species, while not spending energy feeding all the muscles that would be needed for the longer tail that could be used to keep the creature going.

Habitat
G. extraxi are tropical jungle creatures. Because of their reptilian nature, they can be found lying where sunlight can reach them, either on the canopy or on the floor in a clearing. It is ill advised that you remove them from warm climates unless you have the proper facilities for them. Even then, you have to constantly regulate them lest they die from the cold. The best known region where you can find them is Hoenn. However, you must be ready to travel into the jungles that routes are cut into.

Diet
G. extraxi are evidentially omnivores. They can usually be found eating berries and fruits. Very rarely will they eat meat, but when push comes to shove and there is no other alternative, they will resort to insects or any form of food available. This is incredibly rare, however, and only ever happens when it’s the last resort, usually when a trainer has abandoned them in an area where they’re unfamiliar with, such as a desert or a city. However, should the situation arise, it is advisable to get away from the area without drawing its attention, lest you want to be a meal.

Behaviour
G. extraxi are isolated creatures. They prefer can almost always be found alone, while the only time they can be found with another creature is when it is time to breed, after which they go their separate ways. Females will bury the resulting eggs from multiple males and leave the young Gramensauros gekko to fend for themselves. This behaviour only seems to develop at this stage, as G. gekko and G. gladius are noticeably social, with G. gekko remaining with others of its clutch and G. gladius travelling with others that it fights with.

G. extraxi rarely engage intruders. They often merely ignore its presence or leaves. However, if the intruder attacks and persists in the hunt, the creature will turn around and engage it. Because of its design, G. extraxi are some of the best combatants in jungle areas, using it’s ‘leaf’ appendages and strong beak to kill or drive off the attacker. If it succeeds in killing its attacker, it will drag it out of the territory it has claimed and leave the body for scavengers. This is rare, however, because predators will usually go for slower or easier to catch prey, like Silvavermis family members.

G. extraxi are often renowned for the care they put into plants. It is odd how the species takes great care and raises plants with love that it doesn’t even share with others of its kind. However, once the plant is at a certain age, the species will leave it and take care of another plant, repeating as time goes by.

Because of this behaviour, G. extraxi are often at odds with Trainers and other members of the trainer’s party. They will often ignore any attempt to improve relationships and wander away when the trainer isn’t looking. However, they will return after a short period, likely out of respect for the trainer if they managed to catch them or because a connection was made before, when it was a G. gekko or a G. gladius.

Evolution
G. extraxi is the optimum ‘evolution’ of this family. It can no longer expand or improve its body, but can still produce Sentioliquor like before. However, because it rarely battles, it is unlikely it will reach the point where it will stop before it dies.

Related Animals
PBN #001 – Treecko (Gramensauros gekko)
PBN #002 – Grovyle (Gramensauros gladius)

Potentially Related Animals
PRN #036 – Cranidos (Siliciscaputsaurous tener)
PRN #037 – Rampardos (Siliciscaputsaurous vetus)
_______________​
Go figure I'd find something it resembles, however miniscule.

I'm loving the encyclopaedia entries!
How about Snorlax? (Scientific: Rotundus Ursa) (Trainer:GET-OUT-OF-THE-ROUTE!)

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom