• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Professor Instrutilus' Study of Pokémon (EVERYONE)

Well, I'll be needing more votes. Scraggy only got 2 to win.

Regardless, thank you for the comment, Gama.

Unless I can vote for the same Pokémon again I don't think I can help you there. D; Good stuff, put me in a better mood already.

This is like, exactly what I was planning to do >w> Pff, nice work, I like it. Is this open for co-writing/contributing?

Wow I can't believe I haven't read this before, it's just great.

I love how you explain almost everything about a pokemon, and with decent detail too. I also like that you write this in character "Professor Instrutilus".

I'm voting for Gallade for the next entry.

EDIT: can you possibly add an index to the first post for ease of access.

This is like, exactly what I was planning to do >w> Pff, nice work, I like it. Is this open for co-writing/contributing?
I'm not particularly looking for the involvement of others, so not really. Sorry, perhaps you could write yours up and act as a rival to this one?

EDIT: can you possibly add an index to the first post for ease of access.
I shall get right on it with this post.
____________​

PON #132 – Ditto (Effingocreatura ignotus)

Biology
Effingocreatura ignotus are small, pink masses of cells with no real shape. They have no distinctive markings, no eyes or mouth, rather imitating them by leaving three openings: two pinpoints to mimic eyes and a lipless 'mouth', really more of an indent that E. ignotus makes within itself much as some children create an indent for the mouth of a snowman if resources are limited. They appear to attempt to constantly maintain a shape low to the ground with two 'arms' protruding from the main mass.

Due to the nature of the E. ignotus species, an average height and weight cannot be properly identified. However, a height of 1'00” and an average weight of 8.8lbs has been agreed upon by the scientific community for the species, so utilizing them the average BMI of the E. ignotus should be agreed to be around 43.

E. ignotus, as stated, are merely a mass of biological cells with no distinctive shape. It is mere speculation as to how the mass keeps itself together, as E. ignotus have the consistency of custard, not gelatinous consistency as many believe, but a popular theory 'confirmed' by the Psychic community is that a low-level psychic field holds the cells together and pulls them together should the mass be broken. This is further evidenced toward when the E. ignotus is unable to focus, such as in the case of being made to laugh, the form it has taken cannot be maintained. However, the field is so weak it is unaffected by things that would normally effect the 'Psychic-typing' nor able to affect anything beyond its own cells. Because of this, the species has been classed under the 'Normal' typing.

Because of the creature's nature, E. ignotus cannot be hindered by paralysis in it's natural form. Should any part of it become paralysed, it will simply compensate and move the paralysed cells into the centre of it's mass and replace them with other cells until those cells can be returned. That does not mean it isn't paralysed, but the lack of effects upon it mean it is easily mistaken not to be: even devices designed to observe the battle and study status inflictions don't register E. ignotus as paralysed at any point. However, there have been cases where the E. ignotus have been paralysed: these have been found to be the ones who actually enjoy battles and will transform into their opponent immediately upon becoming involved in one. Such E. ignotus are incredibly rare, to the point of none being found in the wild during studies, only ever finding them with owners.

The most notable thing about the E. ignotus is its ability to become any other species. When combating another creature, it will take the form of it's opponent in order to confuse them and give them time to escape. Unfortunately, because it's not actually intended for battle, the E. ignotus retains their damage tolerance and can thus easily be knocked out even in such transformed state if hit fast and hard enough. E. ignotus also utilize this ability to sleep, turning into a Siliciscorporis armo (Geodude) to prevent attack as it does so. However, because E. ignotus often get details wrong without a visual guide, many mistake the form for simply turning into a stone, which is far more beneficial as those who might be able to identify S. armo from rocks would find the different appearance enough to ignore the creature.

Environmentalists have found a far greater use for this capability, however: by introducing E. ignotus to a controlled environment, their abilities can be used to assist in restoration of endangered species, such as the Virgatenura anas (Farfetch'd). However, the transformation abilities cannot be utilized to resurrect extinct species: as mentioned prior, the ability is more of a distraction tactic, thus the E. ignotus can only copy an opponent it sees. It can often retain the appearance for a longer period if further opponents appear, usually because it forgets it is capable of transforming as it is “Fight or Flight” mode, but otherwise has to physically see the creature it is copying for as long as it requires to maintain the form, something not possible with long-extinct species.

Scientists are more interested in the transformation capabilities for another reason: it has been suggested E. ignotus have the DNA of all creatures in order to copy the internal biological mechanisms, which are not exactly visible. This, in turn, has led to a theory by myself suggesting a relationship between it and the progenitor of terrestrial life, Primorisexsisto genus (Mew). Such theories might also suggest where the low psychic field originated from. Further information pertaining to such theories can be read in documents focusing on the subject.

Because they are nothing but a mass of cells, E. ignotus are able to take in anything for nourishment through any part of their body, though they prefer to mimic others and use their 'mouth'. When within the mass, E.ignotus seem to develop the necessary enzymes to digest anything and create more cells for their own body. Ironically enough, where many use E. ignotus to breed the eggs of other species, they themselves do not replicate through eggs: rather, when they ingest enough mass, they split themselves in two like the basic biological cell. That second E. ignotus then goes off to do as it pleases, while the other continues it's normal life, as if unaware the process had even occurred at all.

Habitat
E. ignotus appear to prefer large, open fields that allow easy access to a large body of water. They are also commonly located within caves of any size and, in one recorded case, in a burned out building. Of these, the only inconsistency in the data would be the group found in the caverns of the Hoenn region, which run under a desert rather then near some sort of water supply.

Diet
E. ignotus are omnivores in the extreme sense: they will happily devour anything and produce the necessary enzymes needed to turn them into more cells for their body. Fortunately, their preference to copy other lifeforms has limited them to berries, leaves, meat and water. It is often advised E. ignotus are kept on such diets, as their simple minds might cause them to continue devouring things they shouldn't unless specifically taught not to every time the scenario is encountered.

Behaviour
Despite the potential presence of psychic manipulation, E. ignotus are very simple minded: they never appear to have a goal, instead wandering an area, sleeping and eating. They display only emotions they've seen in the context used: if they have never seen a creature fainting with an unhappy expression, they will keep the expression they use as a default as they faint. It can be rather jarring watching as a smiling E. ignotus melts into a puddle unconsciously. They also need to be taught right and wrong specifically, as a E. ignotus that does something bad, such as eating a person's bag, will do so every time it sees one unless specifically taught not to. While this doesn't occur in the wild, a trainer 'born' one will not have had time to mimic the other creatures and develop what it should and shouldn't eat, so requires teaching.

When in the wild, E. ignotus tend to wander of their own accord. Sometimes groups can be found, sometimes they're alone in the area. Beyond self preservation, they have no extra goals and will only ever copy others to the extent they observe. If a creature they're mimicking moves out of visual range, they will immediately forget about it and wander, though will still mimic the creature to the best of their ability if a similar scenario arises. However, similar to their inability to properly replicate other creatures through memory, they cannot completely mimic behaviours unless they maintain visual contact.

When in a battle, like any other creature E. ignorus will enter a mental “fight or flight” mode. When in this state, unless it can directly affect the present scenario, everything is forgotten about, including it's capability of transformation. This will prolong the period the E. ignorus will retain a mimicked form if multiple opponents are present, but after the battle scenario has passed it will return to it's regular behaviour and idly wander.

Evolution
E. ignotus have no known evolutionary relatives.

Potentially Related Animals
PON #151 – Mew (Primorisexsisto genus)
All Terrestrial Creatures

Last edited:
Nice one, man, I like it. I find the idea of Ditto's face not really being a face really creepy, but it makes a lot of sense. I also like the idea of Ditto's purpose being mimicry and it generally aiming to copy other things and not really being suited to battle (that would explain why it sucks so much).

One note: "it's" is not possessive, it's a contraction, which means "it's" always mean "it is". If you want to say "something that belongs to it" you need to say "its". I know it's confusing, but think about it as "its" is like "his" or "theirs", for which you don't need apostrophes either. "Hi's" would look pretty weird, right?

Also, it would've been cool to have a section entitled "Further Reading" which linked to your Ditto/Mew thread since you mentioned it in the article.

Cool, Instrutilus! I love how you go so in depth with the Pokémon. Out of curiosity, how do you make the scientific names? I'm sure their not just Latin gibberish, right?
This is pretty much like a Pokémon encyclopedia.

Oh, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do Charizard! You know he's my favorite Pokémon :D

One note: "it's" is not possessive, it's a contraction, which means "it's" always mean "it is". If you want to say "something that belongs to it" you need to say "its". I know it's confusing, but think about it as "its" is like "his" or "theirs", for which you don't need apostrophes either. "Hi's" would look pretty weird, right?

Sorry, that's a habit my Primary School teacher got me doing. He did the same thing ¬_¬

Cool, Instrutilus! I love how you go so in depth with the Pokémon. Out of curiosity, how do you make the scientific names? I'm sure their not just Latin gibberish, right?
It's literally a very basic description of the 'mon in question. For example, Desumomuris exemplar, Pikachu, is simply Electricmouse original (since Pikachu was the original family member discovered, unlike D. infantia, literally Electricmouse child, which was discovered after according to the Pokédex. You'd think if they were aware of the baby mon, they'd leave an opening in the Kanto Dex...)

How klefki pokemon eat ? Please tell it is spiritual,undead, impossible what is the scientific process of it

How klefki pokemon eat ? Please tell it is spiritual,undead, impossible what is the scientific process of it
This story is nine years old and in the Archives section. Unfortunately, you’re most likely not going to get a reply.

I've sent this to 4 friends, but I've decided to put it here and see what people think of my writing. You see, I'm planning a Wiki of my Fanon 'Verse which includes Pokémon, and I've used Pikachu for an example. If anyone can tell me what I could possibly improve for my wiki before I work on others, I'll be greatful...
(Move to the Block if it's more suited for it)

Edit: by request, here's a index of the studied:
PON #025 - Pikachu (Desumomuris exemplar)
PON #143 – Snorlax (Amplusursus negotium)
PBN #003 – Sceptile (Gramensauros extraxi)
PJN #065 – Scraggy (Tergumlacerta brevis)
____________​

Biology

Desumomuris exemplar are small, yellow creatures with brown markings and red cheeks, actually a much more conductive fur designed to allow electrical energy to jump to their target. They store this energy in electric sacs, which constantly generate static in order to replace that which is lost. However, this process only occurs during sleep, much as the Human body repairs itself and removes any toxics. They're able to direct the electric current to a specific target, usually berries or other animals they want fended off, and alter the voltage into three different strengths.

The species' average weight, according to tests, comes to 13.2 pounds, while averaging a height of 1'04". By that logic, a Desumomuris exemplar's BMI would be 36.2.

Desumomuris exemplar have two long sensors that look and act much like an Earth Rabbit's ears. However, they aren't ears, rather sensors that pick up nearby electric signals. This is how they locate the electrical wires they like to gnaw upon and any potential predators. Their actual ears are located just beneath the connection point for these sensors, beneath the because the sensors proved more useful for 'looking out' for predators, unlike the ears which proved useless against predators like Pidgeotto who could remain silent when hunting and hide within the trees.

Being a Herbivore, Desumomuris exemplar lack kanine. Instead, they have 4 incisors in place at the front of the mouth, the two on the upper jaw being the sharpest. They have 20 molars, 5 per set each. Because of the sharp incisors, they have a nasty bite on them that usually leaves deep gashes and scars.

The fur of the Desumomuris exemplar is quite strange. Each colour indicates a level of conductivity: yellow fur, while conductive enough to keep a static charge powerful enough to 'paralyse' a nerve system for a while, is far less conductive then the red fur. The brown fur, meanwhile, isn't conductive in anyway, while the black fur is designed to pick up any electrical impulses in the area around it better then the rest of the fur.

A Desumomuris exemplar's tail is a grounder, designed to release access energy from the electric sacs in any chance of a buildup. It does this via a special set of nerves that are designed to feed the electrical charge to the ends, where the fur releases it. Because of this, the tail is also incredibly sensetive, to the point of causing sharp pain to it should anyone grab it, though a simple touch will only alert the creature to one's presence. When pulled, the creature will make use of it's ability to transfer large bouts of electricity to it and shock the offender or merely turn around and severly bite whatever's grabbed the tail.

While they appear to be stubby, the Desumomuris exemplar's arms and legs are, in fact, quite strong. Their muscles are compressed, allowing it to match it's energy-related attacks with it's physical attacks, including a little extra. However, a majority of this strength is put toward the creatures speed over all, allowing to even keep up with it's 'evolved' counterpart for a while.

Females are known for the missing chunk in their tail. It is unknown why the tail has evolved like this, instead of merely having differing marks to the males, but it doesn't really matter, as Desumomuris Infantia can often be seen sat in the notch, riding with their mothers until they're able to fend for themselves.

Habitat
Desumomuris exemplar are forest creatures. They evolved proper in the Kanto region, due to the somewhat chilly climate. Desumomuris exemplar, therefore, prefer and usually seek out colder climates, but will happily thrive in a warmer climate so long as there is a collection of trees that can replicate a forest environment and a viable food and water source that meets up to their minor demands.

Another likely place they'll turn up is areas which produce electricity. Power plants often need constant care in the off chance a Pikachu wanders in and start chewing upon the electrical wires, as if startled then tey can easily cause damage to the surrounding area. If a power plant is abandoned, such as the one in the Kanto region, then Pikachu will flock and live within, usually causing havoc for anyone who attempts to revive the Power Plant for use.

Diet
Desumomuris exemplar are herbivores, therefore eat mostly berries. Oran Berries seem to be a particular favourite amongst them, but apples and other fruits and vegetable will be sufficient. They will also happily eat human processed foods, but it is advisable to keep them on berries, as they will grow much better then if they were on any other diet.

Behaviour
Desumomuris exemplar are pack animals and very much social creatures. They rarely travel alone, but it does happen when they're gathering food for their mate. They often travel in quite large packs, thus can prove a nuiscance should a pack wander into a nearby town. Should one be seperated, then it can often be seen making friends with others, eventually making a small pack of it's own. Should it relocate it's original pack, then it will rejoin with the pack but also bring along it's new pack. This often causes problems for creatures that aren't designed for travel.

Desumomuris exemplar aren't territorial, prefering to move around and explore then sit in one place. However, should they locate something generating an electrical output, they will flock to it. It is unknown why, but it appears that the output gives the creature pleasure, much as certain drugs give Humans pleasure. Therefore, it is advisable to keep a close watch on one that has recently begun gnawing on power wires and allowing itself to be shocked.

It is because of this behaviour that Humans develop bonds with them. Human children are particularly fond of them because they share a desire to move from location to location rather then stay in one area. Because both are pack animals, it can be expected to see a Human Trainer who does own one to keep it out of it's container in order to keep each other company, even in the presence of other Humans. However, if they are kept in one place in order to become a 'pet', then it is advisable to allow them to run around outside after training them to return to the home, or walk them on a non-conductive leader at regular intervals, like a dog.

Evolution
Desumomuris exemplar don't 'evolve' when a level of Sentioliquor is reached, unlike a majority of other creatures. It will, however, 'evolve' when a certain level of electric current within it’s body is reached, as the body adapts to the excess. Naturally, it takes a total of 8 years without discharging for the natural occurance, but Humans have found that they can immediately prompt evolution by introducing something called a Thunderstone, which seems to provide the necessary charge.

Likewise, it’s prior form, a Desumomuris Infantia, won’t ‘evolve’ when a certain level of Sentioliquor is reached, unlike other creatures where the process is prompted for that reason. Instead, a level of Seratonin must be reached, whereupon it will react with the Sentioliquor and prompt the ‘evolution’.

Related Animals
PON #172 - Pichu (Desumomuris infantia)
PON #026 - Raichu (Desumomuris calx)
PBN # 054 - Azurill (Undamuris primoris
PON #183 – Marill (Undamuris secundus)
PON #184 – Azumarill (Undamuris denique)
PBN #080 - Plusle (Desumomuris officium)
PBN #081 - Minun (Desumomuris infitialis)
PRN #055 - Pachirisu (Desumomuris sciuromorpha)
PJN #093 - Emonga (Desumomuris volatilis)
Can you please make mega Charizard y and x biology and also tell how their drought pokemon move works

I've sent this to 4 friends, but I've decided to put it here and see what people think of my writing. You see, I'm planning a Wiki of my Fanon 'Verse which includes Pokémon, and I've used Pikachu for an example. If anyone can tell me what I could possibly improve for my wiki before I work on others, I'll be greatful...
(Move to the Block if it's more suited for it)

Edit: by request, here's a index of the studied:
PON #143 – Snorlax (Amplusursus negotium)
PBN #003 – Sceptile (Gramensauros extraxi)
PJN #065 – Scraggy (Tergumlacerta brevis)
____________​

Biology

Desumomuris exemplar are small, yellow creatures with brown markings and red cheeks, actually a much more conductive fur designed to allow electrical energy to jump to their target. They store this energy in electric sacs, which constantly generate static in order to replace that which is lost. However, this process only occurs during sleep, much as the Human body repairs itself and removes any toxics. They're able to direct the electric current to a specific target, usually berries or other animals they want fended off, and alter the voltage into three different strengths.

The species' average weight, according to tests, comes to 13.2 pounds, while averaging a height of 1'04". By that logic, a Desumomuris exemplar's BMI would be 36.2.

Desumomuris exemplar have two long sensors that look and act much like an Earth Rabbit's ears. However, they aren't ears, rather sensors that pick up nearby electric signals. This is how they locate the electrical wires they like to gnaw upon and any potential predators. Their actual ears are located just beneath the connection point for these sensors, beneath the because the sensors proved more useful for 'looking out' for predators, unlike the ears which proved useless against predators like Pidgeotto who could remain silent when hunting and hide within the trees.

Being a Herbivore, Desumomuris exemplar lack kanine. Instead, they have 4 incisors in place at the front of the mouth, the two on the upper jaw being the sharpest. They have 20 molars, 5 per set each. Because of the sharp incisors, they have a nasty bite on them that usually leaves deep gashes and scars.

The fur of the Desumomuris exemplar is quite strange. Each colour indicates a level of conductivity: yellow fur, while conductive enough to keep a static charge powerful enough to 'paralyse' a nerve system for a while, is far less conductive then the red fur. The brown fur, meanwhile, isn't conductive in anyway, while the black fur is designed to pick up any electrical impulses in the area around it better then the rest of the fur.

A Desumomuris exemplar's tail is a grounder, designed to release access energy from the electric sacs in any chance of a buildup. It does this via a special set of nerves that are designed to feed the electrical charge to the ends, where the fur releases it. Because of this, the tail is also incredibly sensetive, to the point of causing sharp pain to it should anyone grab it, though a simple touch will only alert the creature to one's presence. When pulled, the creature will make use of it's ability to transfer large bouts of electricity to it and shock the offender or merely turn around and severly bite whatever's grabbed the tail.

While they appear to be stubby, the Desumomuris exemplar's arms and legs are, in fact, quite strong. Their muscles are compressed, allowing it to match it's energy-related attacks with it's physical attacks, including a little extra. However, a majority of this strength is put toward the creatures speed over all, allowing to even keep up with it's 'evolved' counterpart for a while.

Females are known for the missing chunk in their tail. It is unknown why the tail has evolved like this, instead of merely having differing marks to the males, but it doesn't really matter, as Desumomuris Infantia can often be seen sat in the notch, riding with their mothers until they're able to fend for themselves.

Habitat
Desumomuris exemplar are forest creatures. They evolved proper in the Kanto region, due to the somewhat chilly climate. Desumomuris exemplar, therefore, prefer and usually seek out colder climates, but will happily thrive in a warmer climate so long as there is a collection of trees that can replicate a forest environment and a viable food and water source that meets up to their minor demands.

Another likely place they'll turn up is areas which produce electricity. Power plants often need constant care in the off chance a Pikachu wanders in and start chewing upon the electrical wires, as if startled then tey can easily cause damage to the surrounding area. If a power plant is abandoned, such as the one in the Kanto region, then Pikachu will flock and live within, usually causing havoc for anyone who attempts to revive the Power Plant for use.

Diet
Desumomuris exemplar are herbivores, therefore eat mostly berries. Oran Berries seem to be a particular favourite amongst them, but apples and other fruits and vegetable will be sufficient. They will also happily eat human processed foods, but it is advisable to keep them on berries, as they will grow much better then if they were on any other diet.

Behaviour
Desumomuris exemplar are pack animals and very much social creatures. They rarely travel alone, but it does happen when they're gathering food for their mate. They often travel in quite large packs, thus can prove a nuiscance should a pack wander into a nearby town. Should one be seperated, then it can often be seen making friends with others, eventually making a small pack of it's own. Should it relocate it's original pack, then it will rejoin with the pack but also bring along it's new pack. This often causes problems for creatures that aren't designed for travel.

Desumomuris exemplar aren't territorial, prefering to move around and explore then sit in one place. However, should they locate something generating an electrical output, they will flock to it. It is unknown why, but it appears that the output gives the creature pleasure, much as certain drugs give Humans pleasure. Therefore, it is advisable to keep a close watch on one that has recently begun gnawing on power wires and allowing itself to be shocked.

It is because of this behaviour that Humans develop bonds with them. Human children are particularly fond of them because they share a desire to move from location to location rather then stay in one area. Because both are pack animals, it can be expected to see a Human Trainer who does own one to keep it out of it's container in order to keep each other company, even in the presence of other Humans. However, if they are kept in one place in order to become a 'pet', then it is advisable to allow them to run around outside after training them to return to the home, or walk them on a non-conductive leader at regular intervals, like a dog.

Evolution
Desumomuris exemplar don't 'evolve' when a level of Sentioliquor is reached, unlike a majority of other creatures. It will, however, 'evolve' when a certain level of electric current within it’s body is reached, as the body adapts to the excess. Naturally, it takes a total of 8 years without discharging for the natural occurance, but Humans have found that they can immediately prompt evolution by introducing something called a Thunderstone, which seems to provide the necessary charge.

Likewise, it’s prior form, a Desumomuris Infantia, won’t ‘evolve’ when a certain level of Sentioliquor is reached, unlike other creatures where the process is prompted for that reason. Instead, a level of Seratonin must be reached, whereupon it will react with the Sentioliquor and prompt the ‘evolution’.

Related Animals
PON #172 - Pichu (Desumomuris infantia)
PON #026 - Raichu (Desumomuris calx)
PBN # 054 - Azurill (Undamuris primoris
PON #183 – Marill (Undamuris secundus)
PON #184 – Azumarill (Undamuris denique)
PBN #080 - Plusle (Desumomuris officium)
PBN #081 - Minun (Desumomuris infitialis)
PRN #055 - Pachirisu (Desumomuris sciuromorpha)
PJN #093 - Emonga (Desumomuris volatilis)
Biology of Arceus, giratina,dialga zpalkia and how their powers work biologically and please do here some research and tell

This story is nine years old and in the Archives section. Unfortunately, you’re most likely not going to get a reply.
Who knows, the author might pop back on and respond?

One must remember, scientific does not mean the removal of fantasy, it means looking at how things work and categorising them. But I'll write a short excerpt to explain Klefki. I might pick this back up with a rewrite so I'll just leave it with Klefki for now.

Catenacomesum Fée were commonly sighted in area dense with metals to accommodate their diet: rather than consuming the metal itself, they absorb the ions of the metals and leave the physical matter behind. However, if they are damaged, they will consume the physical matter they would usually leave in order to replace the metal lost.

Due to this diet, they usually favour heavy metals, but have taken a fascination toward the key that was developed by Humans and will often steal them, both as a source of food and a trinket for their amusement. Due to being comprised of metal, rather than using the energy to reproduce cells, Catenacomesum Fée instead mostly use the energy absorbed to produce a counteracting magnetic field toward the planet, resulting in their floating. While able to generate enough energy to produce a quick wave, it is not enough to give them enough distance from the ground to avoid harm from predators beneath.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom