• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Prog Rocker's on request only one Pokémon challenge.

Can't do SwSh because I don't have Switch, which is why neither it nor LGPE are on my list of games, specially since I would need either a second Switch that I could hack or getting a better computer that can run Yuzu once the games are compatible.

On the case of the Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Unova/Alola games, could you be more specific (as in, normal or remake/update/second pair?).

That being said... how about...

Jynx in FireRed or LeafGreen
Smeargle in SoulSilver or HeartGold
Salamence in Ruby or Sapphire
Zebstrika in Black or White
Pyroar or Florges in X or Y

Pidgeot Crystal Update #13
Erika got beaten. I think I need to discover a way to do this at a reasonable rhythm while juggling other games. Also, Pidgeot finally got his final move... that might be only useful against Brock and Blue's Rhydon. Oh well...

Level 76
Sharp Beak
Return, Steel Wing, Fly, Thief
HP 249/Atk 182/Def 173/Sp. Atk 165/Sp. Def 165/Spd 198

I guess this will be everything for today.

Pidgeot Crystal Update #15
Just defeated Blaine. I keep forgetting how... somber Blue is when you meet him at Cinnabar Island, although what he says is true(I feel weird that I agree with the character I hate the most). Also, how come a random girl that you meet in a department store has a better team than your rival?

Level 83
Sharp Beak
HP 279/Atk 206/Def 197/Sp. Atk 187/Sp. Def 187/Spd 224

Pidgeot Crystal Final Update + Final Thoughts
I finally did it.

Level 86
Sharp Beak
HP 286/Atk 212/Def 202/Sp. Atk 192/Sp. Def 192/Spd 230

I actually found myself enjoying a Pidgeot, a Pokémon that I originally looked with disdain thanks to the HM mechanic, but now that I have used one from start to finish I can say it was better than I expected. However, I found two problems: the lack of move variety (granted, this is Gen II so it was a given) and how long it took me to get two other moves, since you can get only Thief at the Rocket Hideout and Steel Wing is available until the Rock Tunnel. I'll have to check later if those issues have been fixed.

Thanks @Giant Octopodes for suggesting this one, and I wonder what else you could suggest. Let's see what is next on the list...

Sapphire Emerald with Camerupt

Okay, I'm not tired yet, so I'll start immediately

Camerupt Emerald Update #1
And now for the actual post-Roxanne update.

Level 16
Quick Claw
Oblivious
Impish Nature
Growl, Tackle, Ember
HP 47/Atk 29/Def 19/Sp. Atk 22/Sp. Def 21/Spd 17

According to Datadex, Numel will learn its first Ground move (Magnitude) at level 19, so there's a chance that it either learns it before reaching Brawly. Also, seeing how it learns Rock Tomb, I wonder if I should teach it to him. Thoughts?

Magnitude's randomness will make this part of the challenge either a blessing or a curse...
So far, blessing since I have been lucky and only gotten 5-8. On the other hand, I feel that Numel is leveling up slower than most mons, and May is going to be a nightmare if this is true. Time to buy more X Attacks, then.

Camerupt Emerald Update #3
Finally defeated Wattson. Also, I forgot that May's Torkoal is replaced by a Slugma by the time you fight her on Route 110. Numel is close to evolving, too.

Level 32
Quick Claw
Oblivious
Impish Nature
Magnitude, Tackle, Ember, Rock Tomb
HP 87/Atk 53/Def 35/Sp. Atk 43/Sp. Def 38/Spd 34

Camerupt Emerald Update #4
Just defeated Flannery. Numel evolved while I was on the second Trick House challenge, and learned Rock Slide, which for some reason has better power and accuracy than Rock Tomb. It also learned Earthquake soon after, which was a nice surprise. Also, did you know that Numel learns Flamethrower naturally, but Camerupt can't? Which means I'm poor now since I had to buy TM35 from the Game Corner. It also felt good showing Maxie who's the actual Camerupt master. :cool:

Level 44
Charcoal
Magma Armor
Impish Nature
Earthquake, Tackle, Flamethrower, Rock Slide
HP 128/Atk 110/Def 79/Sp. Atk 93/Sp. Def 78/Spd 52

Now I need suggestions on what to do with Tackle.

Also, did you know that Numel learns Flamethrower naturally, but Camerupt can't?
I remember starters began doing that sort of thing a lot in gen 3 (Treecko learns Giga Drain comedically early from ORAS onward), but I had no idea Numel pulled that trick with Flamethrower.

Now I need suggestions on what to do with Tackle.
Keep it for knocking out Wallace's Milotic as a power move. (y)
Honestly looking at Camerupt's learn pool I'm not seeing much your other moves won't cover when you consider Camerupt's level advantage.

Camerupt Emerald Update #5
Just defeated Norman. It wasn't as bad as with previous playthroughs, even with the fragile defenses that Camerupt has (at least compared to the other stats), I was also surprised that Slaking of all things outspeeds it.

Level 47
Charcoal
Magma Armor
Impish Nature
Earthquake, Return, Flamethrower, Rock Slide
HP 137/Atk 118/Def 85/Sp. Atk 99/Sp. Def 84/Spd 57

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom