• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Prog Rocker's on request only one Pokémon challenge.

They gave a Pokémon based on sloths that speed???
Slaking has insane stats for a regular Pokémon; it actually has the same base stat total as Groudon and Kyogre:
HP 150
Attack 160
Defense 100
Special Attack 95
Special Defense 65
Speed 100

You could argue they should have swapped Speed and Special Defense, but the speed helps him get the first hit in and make up for the crippling downside of Truant.

Camerupt Emerald Update #6
Four more updates to go, and I might even get two of them out tomorrow. Winona was extremely easy, but that's because Rock Slide and Flamethrower did all the work. Also, I think Camerupt just picked up the pace leveling-wise.

Level 58
Charcoal
Magma Armor
Impish Nature
Earthquake, Return, Flamethrower, Rock Slide
HP 171/Atk 148/Def 106/Sp. Atk 124/Sp. Def 105/Spd 74

Camerupt Emerald Update #7
I had this one already done since a good while ago, but I ended up getting distracted with Street Fighter V.

Level 69
Charcoal
Magma Armor
Impish Nature
HP 202/Atk 176/Def 126/Sp. Atk 146/Sp. Def 125/Spd 87

Hopefully Wallace won't be hard with that Speed.

Camerupt Emerald Update #8
Just beat the main plot of the game, the Regis, and Juan. He was easier than expected, but that's mostly because Camerupt started to level up quickly.

Level 78
Charcoal
Magma Armor
Impish Nature
HP 227/Atk 198/Def 141/Sp. Atk 165/Sp. Def 140/Spd 97

Can we still give suggestions for runs?

Yellow: Chansey
Crystal: Houndoom
Emerald: Altaria
Platinum: Rampardos
Black/White: Stoutland
B2W2: Serperior
X/Y: Gogoat
SM: Meganium
USUM: Alolan Ninetales

Camerupt Emerald Update #9
Okay, the final stretch. Let's see what happened at the League:

Sidney: Started with the wrong foot, since Mightyena managed to get a Sand-Attack in, and Crawdaunt knocked Camerupt out with two Surfs. However, after a Revive I managed to turn the tables in this battle.

Phoebe: Nothing wrong happened here, aside from losing most of Flamethrower's PP (thanks Dusclops!)

Glacia: Aside from Walrein refusing to faint, nothing much happened here.

Drake: Again, not much trouble. Although Kingdra could have KO'd Camerupt if I gave it the chance.

Wallace: One Hydro Pump from Tentacruel almost knocked Camerupt, but Earthquake finished it. Same thing happened with Milotic and Surf. Everything except Gyarados and Ludicolo got defeated with Earthquake.

Level 85
Charcoal
Magma Armor
Impish Nature
HP 247/Atk 215/Def 155/Sp. Atk 180/Sp. Def 152/Spd 106

Camerupt Emerald Final Update
Just defeated Steven. He was as hard as I remember, specially since most of his Pokémon have Earthquake and Armaldo had Water Pulse. Claydol was specially annoying since it also had Reflect and Light Screen.

Level 88
Charcoal
Magma Armor
Impish Nature
HP 255/Atk 223/Def 159/Sp. Atk 186/Sp. Def 158/Spd 109

And here are my final thoughts: the parts with Numel were pretty difficult, since it doesn't learn moves fast enough, it has fragile defenses, a 4x weakness to Water and is really slow, but once it evolved things started to get easier, like Earthquake before hitting level 40 and gaining Rock Slide upon evolution. almost like a reward for the hard early game. I also don't get why once it evolves into Camerupt it loses the ability to learn Flamethrower naturally. In other words, be patient if you use one. Thanks @Nicolas721 for suggesting this one.

Let's see... what's the next one?

Emerald with Marshtomp

Well, it will be with Swampert, but this will bring lots of fond memories from my first playthrough in Sapphire, my first game.

Swampert Emerald Update #1
Just defeated Roxanne, and yes, this has been a pretty nostalgic run. Mudkip managed to evolve at Route 116, giving me the tools for Wattson's future defeat.

Level 18
No item
Torrent
Docile Nature
Tackle, Growl, Mud Shot, Water Gun
HP 54/Atk 41/Def 33/Sp. Atk 28/Sp. Def 32/Spd 28

Swampert Emerald Update #2
Just beat Brawly. The weird thing is, the first time I challenged him, his Makuhita defeated me, but the second match I ended up curbstomping him. I have no idea why that happened.

Level 18
No item
Torrent
Docile Nature
Tackle, Growl, Mud Shot, Water Gun
HP 65/Atk 49/Def 39/Sp. Atk 34/Sp. Def 38/Spd 33

Swampert Emerald Update #3: Kept you waiting, huh?
Three months already passed since my last update? I gotta admit that I got sidetracked, but I'm giving this another go. And no, Clone Hero causing my hands to hurt doesn't have anything to do with this. ouch...

I'm surprised that the battle with Brendan went smoothly, considering this was a prolematic battle the first time I played the Hoenn games. I guess 17 years of experience really makes a difference. I don't think I need to tell you how the battle with Wattson went, right?

Level 34
No item
Torrent
Docile Nature
Take Down, Growl, Mud Shot, Water Gun
HP 96/Atk 74/Def 59/Sp. Atk 51/Sp. Def 57/Spd 52

Rant
Okay, I feel like I'm going insane since apparently my 3DS is not saving my Emerald game anymore. I made sure to save frequently, and I'm back at the Trick House, even though my last save was at Mt. Chimney. I will continue this at another time but right now I want to cry.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom