• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Project: Gijinka (Mature)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destructive Idiot

It is I: ME!
Reaction score
A young adult awoke to find himself immersed inside a stasis tank in a certain remote scientific laboratory.

What... the f*ck?!

He noticed around him several other subjects, all of which were trapped and contained similarly. At the center of the room he noticed someone - a somewhat younger girl - also restrained likewise, in a different type of tank, chained back against a wall. Multiple scientists and researchers in lab coats were standing nearby. They took note of the young experiment awakening.

"...how are you?" one of them, a woman who appeared to be quite young and acted subordinately to all the others (perhaps a college-aged intern), kindly asked him.

"Who the hell are you? What-"

He was interrupted suddenly; the wall of the lab to his right was blown apart. Multiple troops from a certain region all started pouring in immediately. The scientists sent out their Pokémon; the numerous soldiers readied their weapons and did similarly.

"Wait; no!" the scientist who was looking over him exclaimed; she was immediately shot.

Several of the experiments began awakening. The soldiers and even the scientists were all shooting at everything. He caught sight of the girl in the center.

"Goddamnit; now we have to get rid of everything!" one of them who was standing in the center near the girl in the tank began shouting. "Quick; terminate all the experiments and take everyone out of here!" Several of the experiments began awakening. The soldiers and even the scientists were all shooting at everything. He caught sight of the girl in the center; she was waking.

"Agh! W-what are you doing?!"

He tried to beat the glass keeping him imprisoned furiously; it was cracking slowly. The head scientist from earlier stood over her. He brought out a knife. There were several mechanical limbs operating inside her container. She was being forcefully withheld by her chains. He opened her cell door and stood over her.

"Someone, help!" she screamed.

He finally managed to break out of his tank; he began gliding across the room over to their general vicinity. The scientist gripped her neck and brought his arm back, preparing to stab her. The test subject gripped his arm suddenly. He wrestled with the scientist and they fell back onto the fluid-covered ground. The experiment got above the researcher and kicked him in the face. He proceeded to the girl. He tried to concentrate.

The soldiers gained a new attention towards something. They began to shoot down all the test subjects, breaking the glass tanks. A few of them tripped out of their cells and got moving. Some of them walked around for a moment, wondering what the hell was going on right before getting gunned down. A few of them caught understanding of what was happening and managed to escape. Still others were shot up in their tanks and never got the opportunity to go on living.

Amidst the chaos, the young adult used a type of aura to break her chains and set her free; they made their escape.

A bizarre-looking kid with blue-and red hair was walking in the desert alongside a plain, fair-skinned girl with sharp cyan eyes and dark hair.

He stood outside on the sand. He carried her on his shoulder. He kept on walking.

So, this is Orre... what the fuck are we going to do?...

She woke up to find herself carried in his arms.

Everything was getting to him; the intense desert; the sunlight; her weight. He still just kept on going. She eventually woke up fully.

"...Jon?" she asked after a couple of minutes.

"Huh?" He immediately replied.

"...I can walk."

"Oh; okay... are you sure? We need to get the fuck out of here."

"Yeah; I'm sure... thanks." she responded.

He set her down. She tried walking for a moment. She took one step after the other, and... she tripped; face-first into the sand. She tried to get herself back up.

"Do you want some help?" he offered her his hand.

"No... thank you." she answered, getting back on her feet.

"It's just kind of difficult after they put you on... whatever it was they put me on."

"...I think they used Xenon."

"Huh; really?"

"Yeah; it's a common anaesthetic."

"O-kay... well, apparently, it still didn't keep me from waking up once those soldier guys blew up the wall, so-agh; woah!"

She tripped again. He sighed. They were going to have a difficult day trying to escape.

Last edited:
A glowing, green streak shot past them and landed straight in the sand, skidding for quite a way before grinding to a halt, its light fading. The streak then sat up, spitting out the grains that had got into its mouth, choking as it went. Eventually it spat the last of them out, muttering to itself. "Blaaaah. Worst landing yet. Need more practice, telekinesis really isn't made for flying, obviously." It then picked up a nearby rock, glaring at it. "You really hurt." It proceeded to stand up, and threw it as far away as it could, muttering to itself quietly.

"Why would he do that? Because he's a lummox, isn't he? Well, we shall have a magnificent garden party, and you're not invited! Oh, will you, and where will it be exactly, seeing as you DON'T HAVE A SODDING GARDEN! ...Shut up!"

The unusual young man didn't seem to have noticed either of the other two.

Anatasia reached the lab she was trying to find but it wasn't quite as she had expected it to be. It seemed to have been recently destroyed and several dead soldiers were lying on the floor, their heads a few feet away from the rest of their bodies. "Euch..." she cried, "That's disgusting!" Someone had obviously been here already, the soldiers apparently. So why were they all decapitated? Then she noticed some footprints and began following them, wondering why she was doing so as she went.

A glowing, green streak shot past them and landed straight in the sand, skidding for quite a way before grinding to a halt, its light fading. The streak then sat up, spitting out the grains that had got into its mouth, choking as it went. Eventually it spat the last of them out, muttering to itself. "Blaaaah. Worst landing yet. Need more practice, telekinesis really isn't made for flying, obviously." It then picked up a nearby rock, glaring at it. "You really hurt." It proceeded to stand up, and threw it as far away as it could, muttering to itself quietly.

"Why would he do that? Because he's a lummox, isn't he? Well, we shall have a magnificent garden party, and you're not invited! Oh, will you, and where will it be exactly, seeing as you DON'T HAVE A SODDING GARDEN! ...Shut up!"

The unusual young man didn't seem to have noticed either of the other two.

"...Huh?" Jacqueline asked confusedly.

"Excuse me kind sir, but would you please stop confusing this young girl with your obscure movie references?"

All she could see was sand; sand was everywhere. She wasn't too fond of sand, since it got caught in her feathers easily. But it was better than being in an ocean, and it was so much better than being researched by strangers. All of those researchers and soldiers, they were dead now; but she felt like there was something or someone missing. The teenager dismissed the idea and spread her wings, it's not like she could hide them with the clothes that the researchers made her wear. She carefully kept them above the sand and began to run, flapping them more the faster she got. She kept going and going, until finally her wings lifted her into the air and she was soaring. It was the easiest way to get back to Virbank City, returning to her sister's side was all that mattered to her.

Suddenly, a gust of wind carried grains of sand into her left wing, and she already felt gravity's power taking her back down. F*cking sand! she thought. Her attempts to make a safe landing failed, and she crashed right behind Ozias, "Son of a..." she proceeded to curse, disregarding the boy in front of her. Her name was Wren.

"Hello! Sorry, I threw a rock, so I just, y'know, went for it. Didn't see you there. Didn't see anyone there, actually. Or, rather, didn't notice you there. Seeing as this is a desert, hence a lack of people. Save for us, of course, provided that we're here, which we probably are, or, judging by certain psychological studies, may not be due to synchronized identity-ambiguous REM. A nightmare, probably. But that's fine, everyone has nightmares, even the monsters under the bed have nightmares." Without even taking a breath, he continued. "So, what are you two doing in Nowhere, Middle Of?"

The young man didn't turn around, only pointing over his shoulder. "That isn't a bird, is it."

"You!" Wren referenced Ozias, "Shut up, you're making my ears hurt." and she proceeded to walk past him and the other two, completely ignoring all three of them.

"Then put plasters over them, they'll stop hurting and you won't be able to hear me! Two birds with one grain of sand!"

You're not worth my time, smart-ass she thought. All Wren could think about was finding her sister. She wondered how worried Susan was, Wren had been missing for days. And what if something happened to Susan, and she wasn't there to protect her? Thoughts like that only made Wren walk faster.

The girl stepped up and introduced herself.

"...you two know each other? So, who are you? I'm Jackie; Jaqueline Lief, and this is-"

The young man interrupted and looked at the sight.

"I'm Jon... Jon Theou... without an 'h'... You don't seriously believe this is just a hallucination or a dream. So, who are you?"

"To answer all of your questions in order: No we don't. Nice to meet you, I'm Ozias Wheatley. No, but it's food for thought. And I'm still Ozias Wheatley." He smiled. "But you still haven't answered my question. Why are you two here? I see nobody else and you certainly aren't equipped for a day out like this. Can't've been deliberate, getting here."

The kid with the insane azure and crimson hair wearing khakis and a gray t-shirt responded.

"...what do you think?"

Jackie began talking.

"We were kidnapped and brought here; some type of scientists were working on us for a while for... some reason, and some soldiers broke into the facility and we were nearly shot to death! True story." she stated casually, as if they hadn't just nearly died that morning.

She took another look at the girl beside him.

"Wait... are those-"

"Wings. Yes they are. Wait, soldiers and scientists? With guns? The soldiers, not the scientists."

Wren stopped in her tracks, realizing something,

"This isn't Unova, is it?" she asked.

"It's Orre. Now, gonna cheer up? Because if you do, I just happen to be able to Teleport. Just saying."

"I don't need your help," she took one step and stopped again, Dammit, if only I knew where the hell I'm going!

The girl hesitated before resuming talking.

"So, why did they kidnap all of us? Wait; you're able to tele-"

Jon spoke up.

"I think they kidnapped most of us for being Gijinka."

"Wait-what?! So, you're... You're all..."

She thought for a moment.

"So, why did they test things on me?"

"Hell, if I know... Whatever; it doesn't matter. So, do you think you might have any fucking idea of where you're going?" Jon continued with that thought and asked them.

"...are either of you sure? Just so you know, that-"

He pointed just slightly to the left of the direction of the sun.

"-is South; where we're going. Anyways, some other people may have survived. Did you see anyone?"

"I'm sure. That's how Teleport works. And no, as far as I could tell, the rest of the Gijinka there were dead. By the time I left, so were the soldiers." He thought for a moment. "...No... No, no, that couldn't... Could it? No... Yes! No, no, no... Yes! Yes! Oh, that is very clever. That is genius!"

Wren sighed, "Mind telling us what you're rambling on about?" she began to suspect that he was insane, judging by how he kept talking to himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom